It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trip to Door County
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The wife and I are headed to Door County this weekend. I'm looking for a place for lunch that's in Wisconsin and on the way. Ideally, I would like something that is relatively fast and has counter service, as opposed to table service. Any recommendations?

Post subject: Re: Trip to Door County
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I think Spiral mentioned that the Napalese Lounge & Grille is the place to be...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Warren Newson wrote:
The wife and I are headed to Door County this weekend. I'm looking for a place for lunch that's in Wisconsin and on the way. Ideally, I would like something that is relatively fast and has counter service, as opposed to table service. Any recommendations?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kopp's+Frozen+Custard/43.114633,-87.917161,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x88051e8bad324df5:0x50335c38c555518e

Yes to Kopp's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:24 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Boondocks in Oostburg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Eat before you leave. Better yet, don't even go.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
it's been a while since I visited Door County, but I used to enjoy stopping in Sheboygan, which has a surprisingly large number of good restaurants. Charcoal Inn was a favorite for quick, tasty grilled brats and other classic Wisconsin dishes, but I think they may have recently closed. Other places I've enjoyed include Field to Fork and Il Ritrovo. I've heard good things about a bunch of other spots like Black Pig and Majerle's Black River Grill.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Tall Midget wrote:
it's been a while since I visited Door County, but I used to enjoy stopping in Sheboygan, which has a surprisingly large number of good restaurants. Charcoal Inn was a favorite for quick, tasty grilled brats and other classic Wisconsin dishes, but I think they may have recently closed. Other places I've enjoyed include Field to Fork and Il Ritrovo. I've heard good things about a bunch of other spots like Black Pig and Majerle's Black River Grill.

Majerles is one of my favorites but it’s definitely a sit-down and wait type of place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Thanks for the recommendation guys. Having checked out all of them, the Napalese Lounge seems like it's the pick of the litter. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Majerles is one of my favorites but it’s definitely a sit-down and wait type of place.

Yeah, I think all of the restaurants I mentioned are sit down places, though Field and Fork may have changed things up since my last visit there.

Charcoal Inn was a great place for a quick meal, but unfortunately it has shut down.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I second the Kopp's suggestion. Fast and delicious.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
I second the Kopp's suggestion. Fast and delicious.

Kopps has good custard, though I prefer Leon's. The burgers at Kopps are fine, not great, and the burger place across the street from Leon's--I can't remember the name--is much better.

Still, a stop in Milwaukee on the way up seems a little early. I would save Kopps or Leon's for the return trip.