Bagels wrote:
https://blindhogkitchen.com/

In Palos
Pretty interesting menu
They’re in a horrible location , doomed to failure
But tonight I finally tried it, got nachos and fish tacos
It really was awesome stuff
It’ll be sad when they close

Yeah it isnt in a very good spot. I must have passed this a 20+ times and not know it was there. Ive been past it a handful of times on the Cal-Sag trail that runs across the street. I have even been to Frangellas for catering and that is pretty much in the same strip mall. There are several items on the menu that look really good.
Thanks for the heads up. I definately want to try it.

Post subject: Re: Blind Hog
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I met my dad there about 1 month ago for lunch. Tried out the fried pierogi appetizers and they were pretty good -- similar to a fried ravioli type thing. They served with remoulade sauce, not bad. I did the brisket tacos and they put enough meat for two tacos on each one. My dad got the "cuban" sandwich, which takes a couple of liberties but was a massive beast. It was all extremely good. I think this was on a Tuesday and got there at about 11:30 and left around 1:00. Dine in area is small, there were about 8 other people eating there, and maybe just another 8 that came in to do takeout. No way they can stay afloat if that is the average volume. But the food was great, and I definitely want to go back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
newper wrote:
I met my dad there about 1 month ago for lunch. Tried out the fried pierogi appetizers and they were pretty good -- similar to a fried ravioli type thing. They served with remoulade sauce, not bad. I did the brisket tacos and they put enough meat for two tacos on each one. My dad got the "cuban" sandwich, which takes a couple of liberties but was a massive beast. It was all extremely good. I think this was on a Tuesday and got there at about 11:30 and left around 1:00. Dine in area is small, there were about 8 other people eating there, and maybe just another 8 that came in to do takeout. No way they can stay afloat if that is the average volume. But the food was great, and I definitely want to go back.

i was there at 7 or so for take out and it seemed moderately busy, there were a few people eating there and they seemed to be prepping several takeout bags.

i got the fish tacos and thought they were great- i did wish they gave you side of some kind of salsa with it. But maybe that's just bc they're fish tacos. The nachos were on special so I thought I'd try that too, the pulled pork on it had a bit of a mushy texture but the flavors were great overall. Only thing is the majority of their menu is pretty heavy stuff, not something you really want to be eating often.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That intersection likely has tens of thousands of cars passing through every weekday, but yeah thats a terrible location to get in and out of.

Sounds good though, I'll have to try it out.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.