It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Christmas menu
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Chill out, it's my wife and my son, its not a fucking State Dinner

This is a point of contention between my friend who hosts Christmas and both of our wives.

We have the same basic dinner every year- a British style Sunday roast with popovers, etc. My wife has been trying to help him the past few years because when his own wife helps they end up fighting. The guy is frantic. He's trying to make everything perfect. I respect that, but he's cooking Christmas dinner for friends and family- about 15-20 people- and he's acting like he's Paul Bocuse.

My wife keeps trying to tell him that we can do more prep but he has this idea that something sucks unless it's a la minute. She tries to tell him that he should be able to sip wine and enjoy his guests instead of trying to run a dinner service as if he were Charlie Trotter.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:05 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

This is a point of contention between my friend who hosts Christmas and both of our wives.

We have the same basic dinner every year- a British style Sunday roast with popovers, etc. My wife has been trying to help him the past few years because when his own wife helps they end up fighting. The guy is frantic. He's trying to make everything perfect. I respect that, but he's cooking Christmas dinner for friends and family- about 15-20 people- and he's acting like he's Paul Bocuse.

My wife keeps trying to tell him that we can do more prep but he has this idea that something sucks unless it's a la minute. She tries to tell him that he should be able to sip wine and enjoy his guests instead of trying to run a dinner service as if he were Charlie Trotter.

Is this your same friend that has eaten tons of pubes from fast food restaurants because he doesn’t like pulling ahead and waiting at the drive through or do you have multiple friends that seem to be obsessed with “just in time” food service concepts?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:23 am 
Site Admin

One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Is this your same friend that has eaten tons of pubes from fast food restaurants because he doesn’t like pulling ahead and waiting at the drive through or do you have multiple friends that seem to be obsessed with “just in time” food service concepts?

:lol: Different guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:07 am 

Bagels wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
On Christmas eve ,because my mom would always cook a huge meal the next day, was Phil's Pizza.

Phil’s isn’t that great
It’s pizza
It’s good enough
But it’s not great at all

When I lived over there I preferred their beef sandwich over the pizza.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Bagels wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
On Christmas eve ,because my mom would always cook a huge meal the next day, was Phil's Pizza.

Phil’s isn’t that great
It’s pizza
It’s good enough
But it’s not great at all

Now maybe but back until the old man retired it was the best I have ever had. Plus,why you got to shit on my childhood. It was bad enough, thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I took note of what we had this year for this thread, different location but the food was mostly the same as my cousins still did most of the cooking even though the next generation hosted: roast beef with horseradish sauce and au jus, ham, roasted fingerling potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, tossed salad, cranberries, dinner rolls. And a ridiculously large variety of cookies for dessert. Total in attendance was about 20 adults and 10 kids varying in age from 1-14.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:32 am 
Site Admin

Our best Christmas Wine List ever!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:57 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
north of $3600, prolly over $4K for all 12 bottles, minimum, depending on what ya paid for the Abreu and a few others with variable prices that can get crazy high

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
How fat are you all?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
My crew got the chance to work day shift this past weekend. With our regular Manager on vacation, the Assistant Manager got tasked to spend some company money to feed us all, and he hit a local butcher shop/smoke house for the entrees. Our fire brigade guys have a grill available, and they fixed the brats for Friday. We had mountains of other items we pot-lucked in to augment the meats.

Came time to grill up the steaks he bought for Saturday, and we had a fire protection pipe freeze and burst in one of the outlying buildings, which put lunch on hold. We survived on leftover brats and trimmings. When the guys pulled the steaks out yesterday, it was discovered that the manager had placed them in bags to keep them organized, and had chosen Fabreeze-infused trash bags for the NY strips. The time in the bags allowed the meat to absorb the chemical treatment, tainting the smell and flavor, ruining about half the meat! Again we survived on leftovers and shrimp. I chose some breakfast chocolate cake, which left me in a sugar coma most of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Hockey Gay wrote:
How fat are you all?

I am the ideal weight (for a man 6'9" tall) according to the medical experts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
What is the decant time for the first one ? I can’t risk getting it wrong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bagels wrote:
What is the decant time for the first one ? I can’t risk getting it wrong

Spaulding wrote:
Don't have to worry about the decant time for wine in a box!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't think you can get sparking wine in a box or at least I'v never seen it. As far as I know there is no plastic bag/bladder that can withstand the pressure in the bottle. I drank a bottle of Cook's on Christmas. I also currently drink ciders, crook and marker products, and simply spiked lemonade.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ended up making some crock pot turkey chili as well as my world famous chocolate chip cookies. wife made french toast casserole. Didn't have to leave the house for 2 straight days = success!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Spaulding wrote:
I don't think you can get sparking wine in a box or at least I'v never seen it. As far as I know there is no plastic bag/bladder that can withstand the pressure in the bottle. I drank a bottle of Cook's on Christmas. I also currently drink ciders, crook and marker products, and simply spiked lemonade.

Which ciders do you drink? If you haven’t tried Ace Cider, I would highly recommend you do. https://shop.acecider.com/