It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drink Menus
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:50 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I used to hate these things as I considered them to be something for women or new drinkers, but I must admit I've taken to them. I have my go to cocktails, but if you go to a fancy place like the Violet Hour or the Aviary, you're denying yourself the full experience if you don't order off the menu.

Yea or nay?

Post subject: Re: Drink Menus
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
They can be very girly but I love them because it's a great way to try something that you might not buy. A place that has a really good mixologist is fun too. Creativity, historical knowledge, and innovation is fun and gives you that new experience feeling. If you go back because of it the place or experience gives you those special memories.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I didn’t know there was an anti-drink menu bias. At a bare minimum it gives you a feel for pricing, even if you go with a drink that’s not listed like a basic Manhattan. Coincidentally one my co-workers that’s really into fancy cocktails sent me a picture of a drink she ordered at some fancy bar in London. It cost over $31 :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Great Lake
Spaulding wrote:
They can be very girly but I love them because it's a great way to try something that you might not buy. A place that has a really good mixologist is fun too. Creativity, historical knowledge, and innovation is fun and gives you that new experience feeling. If you go back because of it the place or experience gives you those special memories.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 11:08 am 

Tell us you're gay without telling us you're gay.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Also used as a way for establishments to either get rid of excess inventory or sell booze that they got cheap (or free) from the liquor distributer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Spaulding wrote:

You need to go to Bryant's in Milwaukee south of downtown. Very old school vibe, most drinks have 4-5 ingredients in them but there is no menu. A lot of ice cream drinks if you are in to that.

But do not drive. Two drinks there will knock your ass into next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I am found of cocktails the older I get. I like the menu so I do not order something with the two types of booze I cant hadle/like

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:06 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
You need to go to Bryant's in Milwaukee south of downtown. Very old school vibe, most drinks have 4-5 ingredients in them but there is no menu. A lot of ice cream drinks if you are in to that.

I really want to get to The HobNob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Spaulding wrote:

The absolute best bar in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Damn. The next time I'm in Milwaukee I'll have to check it out. The only problem is I always drive there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Hopleaf and Palmer's Place were always my two favorite places with drink menus. It was always fun to read through 150 beers to find something new and exotic. These days it may not have the same impact, but in the late 90's and early 2000's they were certainly unique.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
They're helpful for pricing and letting me know what alcohol they have. I'm NEVER going to order a mixed/fruity drink.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Nas wrote:
They're helpful for pricing and letting me know what alcohol they have. I'm NEVER going to order a mixed/fruity drink.

Even when you are sitting on a beach in Mexico? That's prime fruity drink time man.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:22 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Even when you are sitting on a beach in Mexico? That's prime fruity drink time man.

Agreed. Strawberry Daquiri at the beach or on a cruise is good stuff.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Damn. The next time I'm in Milwaukee I'll have to check it out. The only problem is I always drive there.

One of the things I miss most about living in Chicago is not being able to easily drive up to Milwaukee for an overnight two or three times a year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nope, I've still drank whiskey. I even downed a "fifth" in a cabana and then played basketball.

It's not that I don't like fruity drinks, I just can't gauge how much I've drank. That gets me in trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Only place where i care about the drink menu is Ron's Place in Kenosha. All Long Islands....all delicious.

I will add Bryant's to my list of places to check out.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Only place where i care about the drink menu is Ron's Place in Kenosha. All Long Islands....all delicious.

Young Nas drank Long Islands, but they weren't made equal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:14 pm 

BigW72 wrote:

How are their burgers? Best burger I've ever had was in WI at a place called Lauderdale Landing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

How are their burgers? Best burger I've ever had was in WI at a place called Lauderdale Landing.

They are good, but not what I'd say the best. It's a throwback type bar / restaurant. I don't think it's been updated since the 70's. Very cool place.

Captain Mike's in Downtown Kenosha is a better burger. Not be confused with the Uncle Mike's people see on 94 driving past Kenosha....that place sucks.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:11 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

They are good, but not what I'd say the best. It's a throwback type bar / restaurant. I don't think it's been updated since the 70's. Very cool place.

Captain Mike's in Downtown Kenosha is a better burger. Not be confused with the Uncle Mike's people see on 94 driving past Kenosha....that place sucks.

That Uncle Mike's looks like such an inviting place. Of course my shitty ex sister in law goes there and posts about frequently, so it has to be full of white trash