It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:31 pm 

From what I saw on the net this spinoff is like a Starbucks competitor with mainly drinks on the menu like Teas, Frappe, Boba, etc.. with a limited food menu.

Picture of the menu:
https://twitter.com/Stealx/status/1729960492934807984
Quote:
CosMc’s will have its own logo and color scheme, too, with operators opting for a navy blue and yellow color scheme as opposed to McDonald’s famous red and yellow branding.

The name of the new restaurant stems from a six-armed alien character that appeared in the company's advertisements from the 1980s and early 1990s. The alien relocates from a home in outer space after finding out about burgers and fries from McDonald's. The ads also featured Ronald McDonald, Grimace and The Professor.

The location in Bolingbrook, Illinois, will open on Friday. It will be the first of 10 pilot CosMc's locations, with the others planned to open in Texas in 2024.

The restaurant will focus on unique beverages along with a small selection of food items, the company said.

The eccentric menu include items like popping boba drinks, churro frappes, s'mores cold brews, fruity energy boost drinks in flavor varieties including cherry, blueberry, pear and blackberry, and more.

The restaurant will also include some McDonald's classic that patrons would come to expect, such as egg McMuffins and the McFlurry.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/m ... ng-chicago
and
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/06/mcdonal ... ticalvideo

CosMc's
285 N Weber Rd,
Bolingbrook, IL 60490

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
My gf had me watch an entire tik tok on this place. I don’t get it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
denisdman wrote:

It looks like the set for an ABC After-School Special. Target market has to be girls and gays 13-24.

I'm not sure what having all day McMuffins on the menu does for their relationship with franchisees? You have to figure that most of these swishy drinks (tumeric latte?) are going to be computerized from the point of sale system, so the entire place is going to need only five employees most of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Looks like 4 drive through lanes? And if it is mostly drinks then IMV that will keep franshisees happy. Little waste, high profit margin, low labor. less capital investment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:

Tik tok is a social media app popular with the utes. It’s kind of like a visual message board.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:52 am 

denisdman wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
It looks like the set for an ABC After-School Special. Target market has to be girls and gays 13-24.

I'm not sure what having all day McMuffins on the menu does for their relationship with franchisees? You have to figure that most of these swishy drinks (tumeric latte?) are going to be computerized from the point of sale system, so the entire place is going to need only five employees most of the time.

25 and under is probably the target but adults aren't really grown up anymore. I think you'll be surprised how many almost 40s will go for this. The McMuffin thing seems weird but if some of the other stuff is good it will be a craveable impulse stop. I didn't see prices listed but I'm thinking the average tab per person could be between 7-8 bucks so the margins will be really good. The question will be are people going to look at what they are getting and say that was a dumb purchase or will they have disposable income to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Tik tok is a social media app popular with the utes. It’s kind of like a visual message board.

A bedazzled YouTube.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:58 am 

I don't understand what a churro frappe is. Are they blending up actual churros? I guess it sounds healthier than a cinnamon-sugar frappe but I want to order one and then file a class action lawsuit for my churro frappe not containing any actual churro.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:34 am 

Brick wrote:
I don't understand what a churro frappe is. Are they blending up actual churros? I guess it sounds healthier than a cinnamon-sugar frappe but I want to order one and then file a class action lawsuit for my churro frappe not containing any actual churro.

Maybee JERRY can add it two the menudo @ STATE OF IL feeld! lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:34 am 

Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:37 am 

Brick wrote:

my mexican coworker says the recipe goes back to old mexico. the gran viejas would whip up a few for their men fighting to take the alamo.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
denisdman wrote:

apparently the latest trending meme on tiktok for gen-z and < "males" is the "Make Your Transition" challenge in support of LGBTQ++ rights:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:11 pm 

denisdman wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I wonder if the McFlurry machines will work in these?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
One article I read said this was McDonald's answer to Starbucks..... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:52 am 

T-Bone wrote:
One article I read said this was McDonald's answer to Starbucks..... :shock:

wan't Mc Cafe supposed to be that

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bolingbrook ? How long until the first shooting or " group of teens" takeover there ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Bolingbrook ? How long until the first shooting or " group of teens" takeover there ?

They’ll probably burn the place down for not having a soy burger and proper pronoun shakes :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:

Don't worry, Denni$. Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnBSmjDEVVQ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:15 am 

it seems like a shittier version of sonic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
IkeSouth wrote:
it seems like a shittier version of sonic

Or a low rent McDonald's you find in Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i'm here in Bolingbrook, i'll check it out and report back

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:41 am 

Bagels wrote:
i'm here in Bolingbrook, i'll check it out and report back

Are you still waiting in the drive-through line?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:26 am 

Mayocarditis from the gizzburger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:43 am 

https://digitaledition.chicagotribune.c ... 4a62e456a3

The Trib wrote:
FIRST TASTE
A CosMc’s encounter
Our food critic visits Bolingbrook’s new futuristic concept from McDonald’s

By Louisa Kung Liu Chu Chicago Tribune
CosMc’s, a new futuristic concept from McDonald’s, secretively opened its first location near Chicago Thursday. The fast-food chain originally announced that the beverage-focused shop would open in Bolingbrook Friday.

Some locals, though, noticed small lawn signs posted on-site stating that it was open to the public — and possibly the media helicopters circling overhead. A line snaked through the adjacent mall parking lot until the wait peaked at around two-hours long.

Named for CosMc (pronounced “cosmic”), a little-known company character (a space alien who visited the fictional McDonaldland in the late 1980s and early ’90s), the theme essentially throws back to the McDonald’s drive-in origin story. Though, instead of milkshakes and hamburgers, customers can now order popping boba slushies and spicy queso sandwiches.

And it’s a drive-thru only. There is no indoor dining room, outdoor seating or walk-up window. There are also no restrooms, important for a beverage concept, but you are welcome to visit the McDonald’s next door, said a CosMc’s employee.

If you choose to go in these extremely busy early days, be prepared to wait. Eventually, you’ll find four drive-thru lanes with jumbo menu screens and speakers where you order and pay. The service staff was excellent and surprisingly energetic given the onslaught of opening-day orders.

What’s different is that you’re asked to wait at the speaker until your order is ready. The screen displays a red stop sign, until it changes to green with your pickup window number. My order was shockingly fast, about five minutes for 15 items. Friday morning, however, an order with only three items took nine minutes.

Online ordering is expected to begin in the coming weeks.

Until then, after you cruise by the glass front building that looks into the open kitchen, you can park in the small lot to eat, but very few customers did on opening night. In fact, I was the only one who did so for nearly an hour.

So how did it all taste?

CosMc’s offers a thought-provoking futuristic restaurant experience that’s not quite present in flavor.

I ordered from every menu category, including six drinks, the stars of this trippy new experience. Please note that this is not a review and will certainly not have stars. I usually wait at least a month to visit a new restaurant, then typically visit twice, and rate it on our four star system.

Here are my tasting notes on the 15 items I tried.

The one must-order item at the moment may be the Chai Frappé Burst, a blended ice drink poured over popping brown sugar boba and finished with whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkles. It’s a beautiful cross-cultural moment in a cup, aromatic with perfect bubble tea pearls.

A turmeric-spiced latte was also terrific, with espresso, gingery syrup and black pepper sprinkles. There doesn’t seem to be any turmeric, though, according to the ingredients. But that’s like its ubiquitous cousin the pumpkin spice latte, which doesn’t have pumpkin, just the spice.

The spicy queso sandwich, however, with a fluffy omelet, sausage patty, two cheeses and jalapeno chips on a small brioche bun, had me wondering, where’s the spicy and where’s the queso? Once I found the breaded jalapeno chips, which slid to the back, they delivered a nice kick and were the best thing about an otherwise bland breakfast sandwich.

A creamy avocado tomatillo sandwich, with egg, white cheddar and the thinnest cut bacon on brioche, didn’t fare much better with its runny green sauce.

The Popping Pear Slush, a prickly pear-flavored drink topped with whipped cream and popping candy, lacked much of any flavor, but the Pop Rocks-inspired carbonation was fun.

A s’mores cold brew, finished with toffee sprinkles, revealed one of my big pet peeves: Don’t call it s’mores unless it has at least the flavors of toasted marshmallow, melted chocolate and graham crackers. This had none of those.

But that wasn’t nearly as bad as the most highly touted of the so-called Signature Galactic Boosts, the Sour Cherry Energy Burst. It promised a tart cherry slush over fruity popping boba and an energy shot. I detected no sour nor cherry, just a black hole of syrupy sweetness. The bursting bubbles were the only saving grace.

Savory hash brown bites, however, won for the most insulting menu item. Four pieces for $2.39 — that’s about 60 cents for each limp piece of former potato. The order does include one dipping sauce, but the alleged spicy queso sauce is nothing more than what one might find on gas station nachos. What’s so puzzling is that McDonald’s hash brown, with its crunchy crust, is one of the great fast-food items.

Pretzel bites, also with one dipping sauce included, were fine, but the herb ranch is just the same ranch that’s at the main chain.

The Tropical Spiceade teased with hot-pink sweet heat lemonade topped with dried dragon fruit, but the fruit itself is mildly flavored at its best, which was not evident here. An employee wearing a CosMc’s branded yellow puffer jacket said it was her favorite beverage because it was an “Instagrammable moment.”

The caramel fudge brownie and blueberry lemon cookie sundae ended my tasting on a nice, sweet note.

And the McPops exceeded expectations. They’re small, soft doughnuts filled with Nutella-like chocolate hazelnut cream, Biscoff-style cookie butter or apple cinnamon. The McPops can often be found at the McDonald’s Global Menu restaurant at company headquarters in the West Loop neighborhood. That’s another baffling disappointment for a brand with the world’s best resources in its hands.

CosMc’s is a compelling look at what we perceive as a restaurant. Right now it’s nothing more than four drive-thru lanes and a box building with a front window that offers a glimpse into a kitchen that could be from a nostalgic past or a bright future — sometime when we hoped robots would take over the hard work for humans, and not humanity. Let’s hope for the former, and a better menu.

lchu@chicagotribune.com

CosMc’s

285 N. Weber Road, Bolingbrook

cosmcs.com

Open: Daily 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. until Dec. 24. Closed on Dec. 25 (Christmas Day). From Dec. 26, open daily 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Closed on Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day).

Prices: $2.39 (savory hash brown bites with one dipping sauce); $3.39 (caramel fudge brownie); $3.79 (McPops); $3.99 (pretzel bites with one dipping sauce); $4.39 (small Tropical Spiceade, small turmeric-spiced latte, small s’mores cold brew); $4.69 (small Popping Pear Slush); $4.89 (blueberry lemon cookie sundae); $4.99 (spicy queso sandwich, creamy avocado tomatillo sandwich); $5.19 (small Sour Cherry Cnergy Burst, small Chai Frappé Burst)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
BREAKING NEWS: I'm currently in line!

They have four drive-thru lanes but no indoor seating

Last edited by blackhawksfan on Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:51 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Godspeed to you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:52 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:

Nobody cares