It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Popeyes wings
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
These wings were pretty damn good. Small, but a decent amount of breading and they bring a reasonable amount of heat. I had the ghost pepper and the regular buffalo style and for a quick meal I was impressed.

Post subject: Re: Popeyes wings
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
These wings were pretty damn good. Small, but a decent amount of breading and they bring a reasonable amount of heat. I had the ghost pepper and the regular buffalo style and for a quick meal I was impressed.

I was wondering about those.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
T-Bone wrote:

How often do you hit the Brat Stop?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:54 am 

Is Cajun Rice back? Again?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:40 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I bet I haven’t been inside The Brat Stop in over a dozen years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:41 am 

W_Z wrote:

I don’t think so. My wife placed the order and I picked it up. She said they don’t offer Mac and cheese anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
W_Z wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:09 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

What are your top 3 spots in the general vicinity?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:36 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Guess it kind of depends on what you are looking for. We don't really go out anywhere anymore. Most of the good spots are downtown Kenosha now which is a bit of a stretch from the main highway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

Popeye's Home Delivery

Popeye's Location Scouting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Guess it kind of depends on what you are looking for. We don't really go out anywhere anymore. Most of the good spots are downtown Kenosha now which is a bit of a stretch from the main highway.

T-Bone is becoming a shut in!

What are the good spots in downtown Kenosha?

I typically drive through the area in the summer when I bring the kids from New England to visit family.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:55 pm 

White Castle, end of story!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:01 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
White Castle, end of story!!

yup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:20 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

I typically drive through the area in the summer when I bring the kids from New England to visit family.

I definitely don't go out much anymore. Out near the highway there isn't much outside of your chain restaurants. There is a relatively new spot near Woodmans that used to be a Perkins but is now called The Mad Rooster. They do a really good breakfast and are open until 3pm but never been there for lunch. There is another place about a mile east on Hwy 50 called El Camino Kitchen that isn't bad with a broad menu of Mexican and American fare. If you are looking for a beer near the highway, Uncle Mikes has like 100 beers on tap and next to them is a brewery I enjoy called R'Noggin but their hours can be a bit strange. You could do Mars Cheese Castle I guess but its your typical tourist trap, same with The Brat Stop.

Downtown has some more upscale places to go including Sazzy B's, The Wine Knot, Ono Sushi, The Apis, and a brand new upscale bar called Church & Market. There are two breweries downtown called Public Craft and Rustic Road with Public probably being the better of the two. Kaisers pizza is a favorite of mine and they have other good food on the menu as well. Tavern on 6th is a favorite with open air seating inside and out and Slip 56 has a wide variety on their menu as well. If it is summertime and it's nice out I would suggest taking the exit off the highway and heading to Tenuta's Deli on 52nd Avenue. They usually have a grill going outside and make a variety of fresh made foods and is always delicious. It's a local landmark and have a lot of interesting imported food stuffs inside.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:14 am 

Brat Stop is considered a tourist trap?

It always seems packed with people who look like what I would think a local would look like.

Don't forget to stop at the new Hairbo gummy bear plant, TM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:

It always seems packed with people who look like what I would think a local would look like.

I guess I've always looked at it as a tourist trap although likely on a smaller scale than Mars Cheese Castle. The Brat still has a lot of live music and also a lot of sand volleyball when the weather breaks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
good dolphin wrote:

Do they sell albanese gummy bears at the Hairbo plant?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:48 pm 

grown ups and kids love it so

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I definitely don't go out much anymore. Out near the highway there isn't much outside of your chain restaurants. There is a relatively new spot near Woodmans that used to be a Perkins but is now called The Mad Rooster. They do a really good breakfast and are open until 3pm but never been there for lunch. There is another place about a mile east on Hwy 50 called El Camino Kitchen that isn't bad with a broad menu of Mexican and American fare. If you are looking for a beer near the highway, Uncle Mikes has like 100 beers on tap and next to them is a brewery I enjoy called R'Noggin but their hours can be a bit strange. You could do Mars Cheese Castle I guess but its your typical tourist trap, same with The Brat Stop.

I met Charleton Heston at Mars Cheese Castle when I was 10 years old

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've heard that Villa D'Carlo in Kenosha has good thin crust pizza. Anyone ever been there?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:26 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
I've heard that Villa D'Carlo in Kenosha has good thin crust pizza. Anyone ever been there?

It’s pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Seacrest wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I met Charleton Heston at Mars Cheese Castle when I was 10 years old
Were you on the same field trip?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Downtown has some more upscale places to go including Sazzy B's, The Wine Knot, Ono Sushi, The Apis, and a brand new upscale bar called Church & Market. There are two breweries downtown called Public Craft and Rustic Road with Public probably being the better of the two. Kaisers pizza is a favorite of mine and they have other good food on the menu as well. Tavern on 6th is a favorite with open air seating inside and out and Slip 56 has a wide variety on their menu as well. If it is summertime and it's nice out I would suggest taking the exit off the highway and heading to Tenuta's Deli on 52nd Avenue. They usually have a grill going outside and make a variety of fresh made foods and is always delicious. It's a local landmark and have a lot of interesting imported food stuffs inside.

I cannot remember the year but it was before the pandemic, we ran the Kenosha marathon, which as I recall started and ended downtown. Afterwords we went somewhere nearby and got really good burgers. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:21 pm 

a genius wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I cannot remember the year but it was before the pandemic, we ran the Kenosha marathon, which as I recall started and ended downtown. Afterwords we went somewhere nearby and got really good burgers. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the place.

There are a few decent burger places but I would guess that it may have been Captain Mikes. It is a relatively small bar where all the windows open to the street. You fill out a sheet and essentially build your own burger. Just a wild guess but that might be it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
T-Bone wrote:
a genius wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

There are a few decent burger places but I would guess that it may have been Captain Mikes. It is a relatively small bar where all the windows open to the street. You fill out a sheet and essentially build your own burger. Just a wild guess but that might be it.

I ought to check with my wife, she remembers things like this, but I do seem to recall both the open windows (it was a nice day) and filling out the sheets. In other words, it's PLAUSABLE.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

1. Ron's Place
2. Captain Mike's. Not to be confused with Uncle Mike's on 94/41...that one sucks. Captain's Mike's in downtown Kenosha has great burgers
3. Public Craft Brewing (food is ok, but good food and a cool place.)

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
T-Bone wrote:
a genius wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

also "The Garage" just re-opened following a fire. Good burgers there, as well.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.