It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
You people still actually eat fast food? $15 for a heart attack seems pretty reasonable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:30 pm 

Franky T wrote:
You people still actually eat fast food? $15 for a heart attack seems pretty reasonable.

Took Two Post and Three Post to “Dogman the Musical” last night. We stopped at a local Houston burger joint after the show. It was $50 tip included and was delicious and so worth it for many reasons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:08 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
One Post wrote:
We shaming people for not coupon clipping at MCD’s now?

She's the one bitching about the price. If I sat here and portrayed myself as a victim because through laziness or stupidity I didn't get a lower price on a product that literally anyone else could have with a minimal amount of effort, please be the first one to tell me to kindly fuck off. I can honestly say I would appreciate you re-orienting my perspective.

I don’t know that suggesting people need to do research before ordering fast food strengthens your point.

Research?

It's an app. Create an account. Get discounts. They say it on the commercials. You don't have to spend hours at a library for this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
One Post wrote:

I can dig it up if you want but I think in response to the US childhood poverty rate being 21% you said "that's not too bad" and now you are whining because your Big Mac cost $7.75.

You're not the cosmos. You're not a victim, although you desperately seek validation for the aggrieved life you live.

For the issues, economic level, and the freedoms we have 20% isn't great but it isn't horrible - we can discuss that if you'd like.

Food costs have gone up. Everybody is feeling it. I'd like everybody to have a decent life and that's becoming increasingly more difficult for everybody. It started with covid and I don't think that will change. We should all feel aggrieved. For whatever reason this is personal for you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:07 am 

billypootons wrote:
portillos beef, fries and a drink cost me over $15 last week. jimmy johns sandwich they slap together in 30 seconds costs over $10. A cookie at panera costs $3.

if you want to revisit 2019, order off panera's value duet menu. they offer a handful of options which consist of a half sandwich and soup and it's $7.

Portillos & Panera have always been expensive but it's gotten worse. Check the app you lazy aggrieved victim wannabe!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:11 am 

One Post wrote:

That isn’t the point. The price of her Big Mac doesn’t matter. She can afford $4.00, $14.00, or $24.00. The reason we know this is because she put no effort into finding easily discounted prices. The point is that she isn’t impacted by the price of a Big Mac. She just wants to bitch like she is a victim.

Everyone is impacted by inflation. The impact of inflation to me is essentially meaningless. The impact to the single mom who works 50 hours a week cleaning houses is more than meaningful. That is someone that needs to do research to same money at McDonalds or otherwise.

Spaulding just wants to parade around here like a victim. She’s a perfect doppelgänger for DiCaro.

:lol: I don't really know what to say to this but it's pretty unhinged.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
One Post wrote:

She's the one bitching about the price. If I sat here and portrayed myself as a victim because through laziness or stupidity I didn't get a lower price on a product that literally anyone else could have with a minimal amount of effort, please be the first one to tell me to kindly fuck off. I can honestly say I would appreciate you re-orienting my perspective.

I don’t know that suggesting people need to do research before ordering fast food strengthens your point.

Research?

It's an app. Create an account. Get discounts. They say it on the commercials. You don't have to spend hours at a library for this.

Seems like you’re saying research = hours spent in a library.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Spaulding wrote:

I'd like everybody to have a decent life and that's becoming increasingly more difficult for everybody. It started with covid and I don't think that will change. We should all feel aggrieved. For whatever reason this is personal for you.
Decent like your 2020 when you didn't lose your job and took two out of state vacations?

You are so Incredibly privileged, lucky and you have opportunities MANY others do not have and you're just too stupid to see it.

"We should all feel aggreived!" shouts the broad who can't even be bothered to vote.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:00 am 

Brick wrote:
One Post wrote:

Research?

Well I guess I don't know what you mean by research then. They tell you on the commercials you get deals on the app. Plus it's 2024. Who doesn't know that food apps give you deals?

It's like saying use a coupon at Kohls you get in the mail. It's stupid that everything is always 50 percent off at Kohls with deals and coupons but that's just how it is.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:07 am 

Spaulding wrote:
One Post wrote:

I can dig it up if you want but I think in response to the US childhood poverty rate being 21% you said "that's not too bad" and now you are whining because your Big Mac cost $7.75.

You're not the cosmos. You're not a victim, although you desperately seek validation for the aggrieved life you live.

For the issues, economic level, and the freedoms we have 20% isn't great but it isn't horrible - we can discuss that if you'd like.

Food costs have gone up. Everybody is feeling it. I'd like everybody to have a decent life and that's becoming increasingly more difficult for everybody. It started with covid and I don't think that will change. We should all feel aggrieved. For whatever reason this is personal for you.

One time in your child’s life she couldn’t eat at a TGI Fridays and you haven’t stopped complaining about it since. 20% of the kids in the US basically can’t eat on a daily basis and you have no problem with that.

Your lack of perspective is staggering. The above is something a 17 year old spoiled brat would even recognize as appalling in its self centeredness.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:23 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Decent like your 2020 when you didn't lose your job and took two out of state vacations?

You are so Incredibly privileged, lucky and you have opportunities MANY others do not have and you're just too stupid to see it.

"We should all feel aggreived!" shouts the broad who can't even be bothered to vote.

I wasn't working in 2020. I had just quit my job to go to school which was shutdown and then morphed in to what can only be described as a complete waste of everyone's time. Had I been working, I'd have been laid off. I don't know what bothers you about vacations but you bring it up a lot.

I'm not privileged. I have no special rights, advantages, or immunity available only to me. I would say I am lucky, but I and my husband have a lot of other qualities and do a lot of things that make us (what you would consider) successful. Like others here, I assume you are a materialist. I am not and it's probably why you don't understand what I'm saying or feeling most of the time. I would take Maslow's hierarchy of need and turn it upside down.

Voting isn't magical, I don't think it matters much and I don't know why you use it as if you are making a point. I used to be like Brick - things are fine. I'll vote in November and it won't matter. I'll probably vote with my feet in about 2-3 years.

Your post is unhinged and contains no salient points. Are you still ignorant and foolish or are you boosted yet?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
One Post wrote:

Research?

Well I guess I don't know what you mean by research then. They tell you on the commercials you get deals on the app. Plus it's 2024. Who doesn't know that food apps give you deals?

It's like saying use a coupon at Kohls you get in the mail. It's stupid that everything is always 50 percent off at Kohls with deals and coupons but that's just how it is.

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:28 am 

Brick wrote:

I did not know or it did not occur to me that apps give you deals. I cannot tell you how sorry I am for the oversight. Shame!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:29 am 

One Post wrote:

One time in your child’s life she couldn’t eat at a TGI Fridays and you haven’t stopped complaining about it since. 20% of the kids in the US basically can’t eat on a daily basis and you have no problem with that.

Your lack of perspective is staggering. The above is something a 17 year old spoiled brat would even recognize as appalling in its self centeredness.

I don't think that happened but you are free to exaggerate or make purposely deceitful comments to paint me as a bad guy.

I think 20% for even food insecure is high - where are your numbers from? If you would like to discuss what I think and why I think it we can. For whatever reason your emotions run high on this. Do you have a pragmatic and successful solution or are you just going to scream at me about not caring enough?

Last edited by Spaulding on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:30 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
I'm not privileged. I have no special rights, advantages
This is wholly incorrect.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Franky T wrote:

This is the correct take. Not to say I didn’t try the Orange Dreamsicle frosty a couple weeks back. The $4 + dollars it cost is stupid but the thing was so delicious.

Last edited by Ron Wolfley on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
One Post wrote:

Research?

I didn't know until Top Secret Facebook Chat informed me. I still have 0 food apps on my phone. I also rarely eat at traditional fast food restaurants because of their food chemist making shit addictive. I know the prices from 2000-2005 aren't coming back. I used to live at those places back then. Everything is expensive in comparison. Plus, I never remember what the prices were the last time I visited. This may sound outrageous, but if I don't like the price of something, I'm comfortable walking or driving away.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:47 am 

Can you explain how it's wholly incorrect? I can feel privileged - as in feeling fortunate to be part of the family that I have or something like that, I suppose. I have no special rights or have been granted anything that is exclusive to me though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Spaulding wrote:
One Post wrote:

I don't think that happened but you are free to exaggerate or make purposely deceitful comments to paint me as a bad guy.

I think 20% for even food insecure is high - where are your numbers from? If you would like to discuss what I think and why I think it we can. For whatever reason your emotions run high on this. Do you have a pragmatic and successful solution or are you just going to scream at me about not caring enough?

"More than 44 million people in the US face hunger, including 1 in 5 children.

Millions of people in the US don't have enough food to eat or don't have access to healthy food. This is a big problem, but together, we can solve it.

Source: USDA's annual Household Food Insecurity in the United States report"

You come off as angry, uniformed, lazy, and a constant complainer. I would suggest the following. For people that are better off than you, I would look up and admire the successful. For those less well off than you, find ways to support and help them. You, like many, seem to do the opposite, which is attack those better off and look down on those below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:51 am 

Nas wrote:

I didn't know until Top Secret Facebook Chat informed me. I still have 0 food apps on my phone. I also rarely eat at traditional fast food restaurants because of their food chemist making shit addictive. I know the prices from 2000-2005 aren't coming back. I used to live at those places back then. Everything is expensive in comparison. Plus, I never remember what the prices were the last time I visited. This may sound outrageous, but if I don't like the price of something, I'm comfortable walking or driving away.

Oh no! You might be a lazy aggrieved victim and you are Julie Dicaro.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:00 am 

nas you can still afford rice and potatoes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:00 am 

How much is the cajun rice now?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

Oh no! You might be a lazy aggrieved victim and you are Julie Dicaro.

Too lazy to spend 2 minutes on an app? Probably. Victimized or aggrieved by the price of food? No chance. I'll eat at home and waste the money on something else.

People who frequently complain tend to annoy the hell out of me. At this point in my life, I try my best to avoid them because it's one of the few things left that triggers me. I've said "No excuses" so much that my kids got me a shirt and a wristband. That said, there's something about me that invites people to overshare and vent, even when listening isn't putting money in my pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
nas you can still afford rice and potatoes

I prefer red beans. They give me most of the vitamins and minerals I need, and I won't have the desire to go back for 4ths and 5ths. If only I could shake my junk food addiction...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:40 am 

That's easy. Think of sex. Junk food makes it worse.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
That's easy. Think of sex. Junk food makes it worse.

They're both addictive and can be enjoyed at the same time. It's a miracle I have teeth.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:42 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Brick wrote:

I did not know or it did not occur to me that apps give you deals. I cannot tell you how sorry I am for the oversight. Shame!

No need to apologize. We are lucky we don't need to be coupon seeking. Life is good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Can you explain how it's wholly incorrect?
Yes, I can.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:09 pm 

denisdman wrote:

Millions of people in the US don't have enough food to eat or don't have access to healthy food. This is a big problem, but together, we can solve it.

You come off as angry, uniformed, lazy, and a constant complainer. I would suggest the following. For people that are better off than you, I would look up and admire the successful. For those less well off than you, find ways to support and help them. You, like many, seem to do the opposite, which is attack those better off and look down on those below.

So 12% of our population faces hunger and of that population it's about 9 million kids. I'd assume that number bumped up a bit the last few years. "This is a big problem, but together, we can solve it." is meaningless and most likely unachievable. It sounds good but it's empty. It's nice to try to club me over the head with it or act like they are great people for caring so deeply. It starts coming off as theatrical. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to manage it in some way. What that looks like, what's fair, what's just, what's moral, and what's effective should all be considered. Spending millions, to never come close to solving the problem, while a substantial portion of the food is wasted might not be the best approach. There are ideas, then what's feasible, then there is what works. I'd like if we figured that out.

I've been angry since covid. I'm just as informed or uninformed as anyone else, it's great. I'm not sure why you think I'm lazy. Complaining is more frequent as life becomes more difficult but I power thru quite a bit of issues in life like anyone else. You can suggest anything you want. I have a few suggestions of what you can do with your suggestions, but thank you.

You are a materialist, I'm not. I don't resent or admire people that are more financially successful. I don't pity or think less of those that are less well off, looks like I can leave that to you. Financial status has no bearing on how I treat people and I don't understand your philosophy of why that would be the case. Do you think of yourself as a better person now than when growing up because of your financial status or are you the same person just with money? Do you think people on this board sit around saying man I admire that Denis guy? It's weird if you do.

I'm happy to donate time and money to various causes, even pay taxes. What I don't like is being told I don't pay my fair share or being told I'm the selfish one for "not doing more" whatever that means or at least wanting to apply some pragmatism. Apparently I'm the only one that should bootstrap it up for others. I'd like to think if I had jet skis and snowmobiles I'd sell them and donate the yearly fees to feed people but if I did that who would the little people have to admire? We all need a hero, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Spaulding wrote:
denisdman wrote:

So 12% of our population faces hunger and of that population it's about 9 million kids. I'd assume that number bumped up a bit the last few years. "This is a big problem, but together, we can solve it." is meaningless and most likely unachievable. It sounds good but it's empty. It's nice to try to club me over the head with it or act like they are great people for caring so deeply. It starts coming off as theatrical. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to manage it in some way. What that looks like, what's fair, what's just, what's moral, and what's effective should all be considered. Spending millions, to never come close to solving the problem, while a substantial portion of the food is wasted might not be the best approach. There are ideas, then what's feasible, then there is what works. I'd like if we figured that out.

I've been angry since covid. I'm just as informed or uninformed as anyone else, it's great. I'm not sure why you think I'm lazy. Complaining is more frequent as life becomes more difficult but I power thru quite a bit of issues in life like anyone else. You can suggest anything you want. I have a few suggestions of what you can do with your suggestions, but thank you.

You are a materialist, I'm not. I don't resent or admire people that are more financially successful. I don't pity or think less of those that are less well off, looks like I can leave that to you. Financial status has no bearing on how I treat people and I don't understand your philosophy of why that would be the case. Do you think of yourself as a better person now than when growing up because of your financial status or are you the same person just with money? Do you think people on this board sit around saying man I admire that Denis guy? It's weird if you do.

I'm happy to donate time and money to various causes, even pay taxes. What I don't like is being told I don't pay my fair share or being told I'm the selfish one for "not doing more" whatever that means or at least wanting to apply some pragmatism. Apparently I'm the only one that should bootstrap it up for others. I'd like to think if I had jet skis and snowmobiles I'd sell them and donate the yearly fees to feed people but if I did that who would the little people have to admire? We all need a hero, I guess.

We have SNAP. What a parent does with it is beyond Denis' control. There's also food banks in urban areas. There's no excuse for a poor urban kid to be hungry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next