It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:36 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
One Post wrote:

One time in your child’s life she couldn’t eat at a TGI Fridays and you haven’t stopped complaining about it since. 20% of the kids in the US basically can’t eat on a daily basis and you have no problem with that.

Your lack of perspective is staggering. The above is something a 17 year old spoiled brat would even recognize as appalling in its self centeredness.

I don't think that happened but you are free to exaggerate or make purposely deceitful comments to paint me as a bad guy.

I think 20% for even food insecure is high - where are your numbers from? If you would like to discuss what I think and why I think it we can. For whatever reason your emotions run high on this. Do you have a pragmatic and successful solution or are you just going to scream at me about not caring enough?

Person who consistently portrays themself as a victim immediately portrays themself as a victim when it is (correctly) pointed out that the person ran around here for months portraying themself as a victim because their child couldn't eat at a Chili's.

To answer your question, no I'm not surprised at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
We have SNAP. What a parent does with it is beyond Denis' control. There's also food banks in urban areas. There's no excuse for a poor urban kid to be hungry.

Various addictions, appointment keeping, food access, etc can keep children starving. I believe I shared it before, but I didn't realize how many kids meals solely came from school before COVID. You may not care or appreciate them, but there are a lot of reasons kids EVERYWHERE go hungry.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
One Post wrote:

One time in your child’s life she couldn’t eat at a TGI Fridays and you haven’t stopped complaining about it since. 20% of the kids in the US basically can’t eat on a daily basis and you have no problem with that.

Your lack of perspective is staggering. The above is something a 17 year old spoiled brat would even recognize as appalling in its self centeredness.

I don't think that happened but you are free to exaggerate or make purposely deceitful comments to paint me as a bad guy.

I think 20% for even food insecure is high - where are your numbers from? If you would like to discuss what I think and why I think it we can. For whatever reason your emotions run high on this. Do you have a pragmatic and successful solution or are you just going to scream at me about not caring enough?

The foundation that I chair the board for made a sizeable donation to a food desert affordable grocery store a few years ago. I volunteered there on occasion to work free shifts at the store. Unfortunately the store wasn't successful. It's a challenging problem that doesn't have easy solutions. I know doing that isn't as impactful and meaningful as all the searching you do on Facebook and Twitter for things to be hyperbolically upset about that won't in anyway impact your comfortable lifestyle, but maybe one day I can do that also and make the tremendous contributions to society that you are currently doing copying and pasting twitter links on a message board.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:50 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
We have SNAP. What a parent does with it is beyond Denis' control. There's also food banks in urban areas. There's no excuse for a poor urban kid to be hungry.

Various addictions, appointment keeping, food access, etc can keep children starving. I believe I shared it before, but I didn't realize how many kids meals solely came from school before COVID. You may not care or appreciate them, but there are a lot of reasons kids EVERYWHERE go hungry.

Just let him wallow in his prejudices. In his world it's only black and brown kids in urban environments that are hungry, because his unsaid part is those are bad/neglectful parents. There are tons of white kids in rural America that are just as hungry as kids in the Fifth Ward Houston.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
One Post wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Just let him wallow in his prejudices. In his world it's only black and brown kids in urban environments that are hungry, because his unsaid part is those are bad/neglectful parents. There are tons of white kids in rural America that are just as hungry as kids in the Fifth Ward Houston.

I went to a school board meeting last year. Staggering how many kids come to school hungry and rarely eat at home in white, rural America. Almost every woman with kids has SNAP up here. It is odd that kids go hungry especially when they are getting about $1,500 per month in WI with all the top ups.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
One Post wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I guarantee you have many more unsaid parts than I have ever dreamed of.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm not someone who subscribes to the belief that people shouldn't complain because someone has it worse. Someone's income level or success doesn't exempt them from vices or bad moments or days. That said, all of life's problems can't be because of some evil politicians, evil coworker, family members, who someone else loves, etc. Being a habitual victim is a choice. It's also lazy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
I'm not someone who subscribes to the belief that people shouldn't complain because someone has it worse. Someone's income level or success doesn't exempt them from vices or bad moments or days. That said, all of life's problems can't be because of some evil politicians, evil coworker, family members, who someone else loves, etc. Being a habitual victim is a choice. It's also lazy.

We just disagree on who the habitual victims are. In my view they're usually the ones shouting "HEY! HEY! HO! HO! SOMETHING SOMEONE HAS GOT TO GO!" and trying to shut everyone else up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

We just disagree on who the habitual victims are. In my view they're usually the ones shouting "HEY! HEY! HO! HO! SOMETHING SOMEONE HAS GOT TO GO!" and trying to shut everyone else up.

There's only who has habitually done this and positions absolutes in every discussion. I'm happy to see that you've recognized Habitual Victimville is a shitty place to live. It's always raining.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
One Post wrote:

The foundation that I chair the board for made a sizeable donation to a food desert affordable grocery store a few years ago. I volunteered there on occasion to work free shifts at the store. Unfortunately the store wasn't successful. It's a challenging problem that doesn't have easy solutions. I know doing that isn't as impactful and meaningful as all the searching you do on Facebook and Twitter for things to be hyperbolically upset about that won't in anyway impact your comfortable lifestyle, but maybe one day I can do that also and make the tremendous contributions to society that you are currently doing copying and pasting twitter links on a message board.

So, no, you don't have a pragmatic and successful solution.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Spaulding wrote:
One Post wrote:

So, no, you don't have a pragmatic and successful solution.

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:37 pm 

One solution is don’t feed your kids Lunchables.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm fairly certain One Post offered several solutions, but they're easy to miss when you're only interested in validation about your perception of the world. He should have said, "You poor thing. I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I brought wine."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
That would have been super helpful.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

There's only who has habitually done this and positions absolutes in every discussion. I'm happy to see that you've recognized Habitual Victimville is a shitty place to live. It's always raining.

The idea that moral relativism is admirable is quite odd. Is their anything you don't want to tolerate? I know there is. That's why you're either doing a bit or being as asshole. I charitably choose to believe it's the former.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
So does that mean you have been doing a bit here for the last four years and you're not really an asshole?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:08 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Lock her up!
Lock her up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nas wrote:
I didn't know until Top Secret Facebook Chat informed me. I still have 0 food apps on my phone. I also rarely eat at traditional fast food restaurants because of their food chemist making shit addictive. I know the prices from 2000-2005 aren't coming back. I used to live at those places back then. Everything is expensive in comparison. Plus, I never remember what the prices were the last time I visited. This may sound outrageous, but if I don't like the price of something, I'm comfortable walking or driving away.

Nas gets it. I'm not downloading a stupid app and giving my personal information to yet another corporation so that I can save $0.70 on a sandwich that is horrible for you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

The idea that moral relativism is admirable is quite odd. Is their anything you don't want to tolerate? I know there is. That's why you're either doing a bit or being as asshole. I charitably choose to believe it's the former.

It's fine to call me an asshole, bu this wasn't a discussion about some universal principles. You're shifting the conversation to something different; however, most disagreements are often a matter of perspective. Eating a cow in America is viewed as normal, but in other countries, they may find it to be immoral. Very few things we discuss here rise to the level of universal good versus evil, but far too often, debates are framed that way. I view that as lazy and divisive. When we discover we're wrong, we never say we were evil for believing X instead of Y.

Ultimately, I can't control the way anyone wants to express themselves. These are just personal preferences. I have no desire to ever be pitied or a victim, and I don't see anything productive in a negative mental attitude. It's wasted energy in my world. While I understand wanting validation for our views, I'm still the 3rd youngest male adult in my family for another 9 months. Then I'll drop to 4th for a decade. I'm used to being told my views are wrong or crazy. Validation ain't coming, and I'm okay with it. I don't generally say, "I told you so," when I'm right. I'm sure people are aware.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: ShowBiz
I know, I know, it's Horsey Sauce.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Lock her up!
Lock her up!

The entire country was victimized by that snake. Your tax dollars are pouring into Ukraine mainly because she couldn't accept election results.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I also don't need validation that cows are delicious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:41 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's fine to call me an asshole, bu this wasn't a discussion about some universal principles. You're shifting the conversation to something different; however, most disagreements are often a matter of perspective. Eating a cow in America is viewed as normal, but in other countries, they may find it to be immoral. Very few things we discuss here rise to the level of universal good versus evil, but far too often, debates are framed that way. I view that as lazy and divisive. When we discover we're wrong, we never say we were evil for believing X instead of Y.

Ultimately, I can't control the way anyone wants to express themselves. These are just personal preferences. I have no desire to ever be pitied or a victim, and I don't see anything productive in a negative mental attitude. It's wasted energy in my world. While I understand wanting validation for our views, I'm still the 3rd youngest male adult in my family for another 9 months. Then I'll drop to 4th for a decade. I'm used to being told my views are wrong or crazy. Validation ain't coming, and I'm okay with it. I don't generally say, "I told you so," when I'm right. I'm sure people are aware.

I'm not calling you an asshole. Ad hominem is your thing, not mine. Your default is to call people with legitimate complaints "ignorant" or accuse them of "playing the victim."

Quote:
Eating a cow in America is viewed as normal, but in other countries, they may find it to be immoral.

That's just it. Who do you think is correct? This is the entire problem and the reason our nation is unraveling. We have lost confidence that our way of life is the best. In that scenario, how can you ask anyone to fight for anything?

You can't. So you may as well allow anyone with different ideas about morality to pour over your border and once they outnumber you, you can live under a system of their values.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not calling you an asshole. Ad hominem is your thing, not mine. Your default is to call people with legitimate complaints "ignorant" or accuse them of "playing the victim."

Quote:
Eating a cow in America is viewed as normal, but in other countries, they may find it to be immoral.

That's just it. Who do you think is correct? This is the entire problem and the reason our nation is unraveling. We have lost confidence that our way of life is the best. In that scenario, how can you ask anyone to fight for anything?

You can't. So you may as well allow anyone with different ideas about morality to pour over your border and once they outnumber you, you can live under a system of their values.

I can't help that you perceive my polite references to some of your arguments as wrong and ignorant as personal attacks. Besides, ad hominems are your go to when discussing most political topics. We can read your posts.

The keyword there is "think." There is no universally correct answer. Regardless of your diet, something has to die for all of us to live.

Our country is made up of people who have different views about MANY things. That's a feature. I would hope a Christian nation wouldn't target an atheist like you for expulsion. I would oppose that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:42 am 
Site Admin

Your claim is that America is just an economic opportunity zone. Remember that when it falls apart.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Your claim is that America is just an economic opportunity zone. Remember that when it falls apart.

Don't misrepresent what I stated. I said the American balcks are the only group who didn't migrate here looking for a better opportunity for their family. I believe that's factual. That's not the same as saying that's all America is.

Do you believe that your pessimism about our future or fear of people entering our country is unique or original?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:16 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Don't misrepresent what I stated. I said the American balcks are the only group who didn't migrate here looking for a better opportunity for their family. I believe that's factual. That's not the same as saying that's all America is.

Do you believe that your pessimism about our future or fear of people entering our country is unique or original?

So then you agree that if we want to have a country there must be more holding us together than the desire to make money and buy consumer goods, right?

So we have to share at least some basic beliefs. It can't just be that we think all cultures and value systems are equivalent.

Despite protestations from the Left and Dr. Style, America is exceptional. That's because an African can never be French and a Frenchman can never be Japanese, but both a Frenchman and an African can become American.

But what makes America exceptional also makes her difficult to maintain. We have to have something to bind us because we don't share the same ethnic history and blood. For a long time Christianity was one of the main things holding us together. Now that we no longer have that, we better find something else.

Most likely America eventually breaks up into small kingdoms the way Europe did after the fall of the Roman Empire.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:35 am 
100000 CLUB

There are a lot of things that bind us together. They get lost by a desire to focus on every perceived difference. America isn't declining. She's not even close to her peak.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
There are a lot of things that bind us together. They get lost by a desire to focus on every perceived difference. America isn't declining. She's not even close to her peak.

For example?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:14 am 
100000 CLUB

Da Bears

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next