It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 105  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beer Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
We don’t get a lot of their offerings out here. I enjoyed Atom Smasher when I first had it but for most part am not a lager guy, even a heavy lagered beer like that. Occasionally they have the best offerings for me at a local establishment as I’m not in to Miller or Bud products usually.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Their taphouse is generally good. The Roundhouse has turrrible food. Beautiful space though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:49 am 

Picked up a 4-pack of Goose Island's Islay last week. I've been a bigfan of all the releases in the Cooper Project series, but holy hell this Islay stuff is revolting. It's an Imperial Stout aged in scotch barrels, but the smokiness from the scotch flavor is just completely overpowering and makes this beer undrinkable. I can usually choke down a beer even if I don't like it and just decide to never have one again, but this thing had to be poured out after 2 sips. Just absolutely disgusting and probably only the second time of my life that I am just considering opening the remaining bottles and pouring it down the drain.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Picked up a 4-pack of Goose Island's Islay last week. I've been a bigfan of all the releases in the Cooper Project series, but holy hell this Islay stuff is revolting. It's an Imperial Stout aged in scotch barrels, but the smokiness from the scotch flavor is just completely overpowering and makes this beer undrinkable. I can usually choke down a beer even if I don't like it and just decide to never have one again, but this thing had to be poured out after 2 sips. Just absolutely disgusting and probably only the second time of my life that I am just considering opening the remaining bottles and pouring it down the drain.

don't waste beer. butt chug it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 am 

My guys at Corridor brewed up another batch of my favorite beer there, The Juice Beyond. Highly recommend grabbing a crowler or growler if you enjoy NEIPAs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I any of you get lost and somehow end up in the Champaign/Urbana area, look around for Riggs. They have an outstanding hefeweizen and weizenbock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:04 am 

Douchebag wrote:

I'd probably dig this because I'm a huge Islay fan but it's obviously really polarizing and I can count the number of good scotch barrel aged beers I've had on one hand. Was it confirmed that this is this is the same beer that was supposed to be Prop 16?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:06 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Was it confirmed that this is this is the same beer that was supposed to be Prop 16?

Hmmm, I have no idea. Thank god it wasn't Prop 16 cuz I got to go to the Prop Day fest that year, and it would have been terrible if it was to drink this Islay shit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am 

Dewskie wrote:
I any of you get lost and somehow end up in the Champaign/Urbana area, look around for Riggs. They have an outstanding hefeweizen and weizenbock.

Looking at their brews, hows their dunkelweizen? I'm a sucker for a good one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:32 pm 

That Islay might be the worst beer I have ever tasted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:36 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Dewskie wrote:

Looking at their brews, hows their dunkelweizen? I'm a sucker for a good one.

Had it on a tour recently and it was fantastic. Quality is superb.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Heading to a sour beer fest at Upland Brewing in Indy this weekend. I can not wait, being Mr Mom for the last month has been tedious. I need a weekend to get drunk and be stupid. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Got a box from my NH guy today. Heady, Dinner and a handful from breweries I’ve yet to try anything from. Will report back after my research!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:05 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Got a box from my NH guy today. Heady, Dinner and a handful from breweries I’ve yet to try anything from. Will report back after my research!

What did you trade to him?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Where ya been, Vince?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:47 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Where ya been, Vince?

Been around, look at a handful of topics now and post when I can.....

Keeping it topical, Lagunitas Waldo Ale is around. Just found some at Binny's Bloomingdale.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
4pk New Holland Imperial Hatter. Appears to pack a punch at 10% ABV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:27 pm 
Douchebag wrote:

Where did you find some on the shelf? My usual sources are out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I spent last weekend in Miami, and we hit a few places between baseball games.

Best single beer I tasted was El Jefe (hefeweizen) from J Wakefield in Miami. Given the heat/humidity down there, most of the local places make lower IBU stuff, which works for me.

Best single place for a variety of beers was Funky Buddha, two locations, we went to the one in Oakland Park, NW of Ft. Lauderdale. But the Wynwood Walls area has a number of microbreweries sprinkled among the artist graffiti buildings. We hit five of them over two days, and everything was solid.

More locally, some friends and family and I did a crawl up 55/59 in Will County the weekend before:
- River's Edge (Channahon) - consensus was skip, nothing special. Wasn't busy at all at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon
- Will County Brewing (Shorewood) - new, really crowded, not a lot of selection, but we liked all four beers they had on tap.
- MyGrain (Joliet) - only place with a dining room. we had appetizers and they were solid. Consensus best beer of the night for the five of us was their Escape from Stateville, their base chocolate Stateville Stout with walnut and marshmallow hints. $10 for a burger and beer on Sundays, I will definitely be there for that sometime.
- Werk Force (Plainfield) - I didn't care for their stuff, but I was pretty tired by then. I'd like to go back and give them another shot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:45 am 

What are some good breweries in Milwaukee? Headed up there today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
There are good places all over up here. City Lights is over by Miller Park and is solid. Good city is just north of downtown. I'm going to the fermentorium sometime today which is in the northern burbs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:10 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
There are good places all over up here. City Lights is over by Miller Park and is solid. Good city is just north of downtown. I'm going to the fermentorium sometime today which is in the northern burbs.

Place was packed with cub fans

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Where did you find some on the shelf? My usual sources are out.

Sal's in Elmhurst supposedly has it - call ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

Had some this weekend. Incredibly drinkable. Similar ABV to a Coors/Bug Light, but much more flavor. This is easily something you could have half a dozen or more of while sitting outside during a summer picnic.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Had some this weekend. Incredibly drinkable. Similar ABV to a Coors/Bug Light, but much more flavor. This is easily something you could have half a dozen or more of while sitting outside during a summer picnic.

Welcome to the craft club!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
You can drink this one all day too Frank.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
You can drink this one all day too Frank.

Yes sir...had a 1/4 barrel of this stuff for my youngest daughter's first birthday last summer...the guests even drank some.

And Frank is right...that Founder's Solid Gold is pretty tasty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 am 

Yeah. All Day IPA is great too.

PC Pils is also a far superior option to the Bud/Coors/MGD options. Whenever I've had a party I've bought a case of that and the case of Budweiser and the PC Pils goes quick as the other stuff sits there for me to shame drink a few days later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Yeah. All Day IPA is great too.

PC Pils is also a far superior option to the Bud/Coors/MGD options. Whenever I've had a party I've bought a case of that and the case of Budweiser and the PC Pils goes quick as the other stuff sits there for me to shame drink a few days later.

See my brother. We all come back together eventually. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:35 am 

For those who dig IPAs, what are your thoughts on Dogfish Head? They still keeping up with quality? Looking to get some IPAs as a birthday gift for a buddy and that brand keeps getting recommended.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 105  Next