It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dark Berry Dr Pepper
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I have to go find it. Nice job on marketing.

Complete opposite of the NBA 75 promotion which also dropped in my email today. It made me uncomfortable but that might be my fault. I don't know what I'm suppose to feel anymore.

Post subject: Re: Dark Berry Dr Pepper
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Put your favorite kind of liquor in the Dark Berry Dr. Pepper and you won't have to feel much of anything. I've always found it to be one of the better soda's to mix booze with, but don't do that any more. Southern Comfort and Dr. Pepper was always a personal favorite.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
T-Bone wrote:
Southern Comfort and Dr. Pepper was always a personal favorite.

my stomach is queasy just looking at that sentence

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:27 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Complete opposite of the NBA 75 promotion which also dropped in my email today. It made me uncomfortable but that might be my fault. I don't know what I'm suppose to feel anymore.

Out of curiosity, what in the promotion made you feel uncomfortable and why is that possibly your fault?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bagels wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
:lol:

Way too much sugar in regular pop for me. I prefer sun tea mixed with vodka (sweeten as needed/desired) during the summer or while on a camping trip. When done right you can't even taste the booze which is both glorious and dangerous.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:52 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Out of curiosity, what in the promotion made you feel uncomfortable and why is that possibly your fault?

I was wondering the same damn thing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:00 pm 

I believe this was the flavor that they used as a promo with Spiderman a few years back. If so, it's amazing.

I probably bought $50 one afternoon and stockpiled them because I knew it was limited time only. It's like liquid crack.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:01 pm 

I got an email with a points purchasing program this is the promo pict and thing they are running. Buy both Hennessy and Moet and get points.

https://www.cocktailcourier.com/nba-75-dallas/

There is a hidden camera show Impractical jokers where 4 guys do stupid things or challenges. One was you walk a dog in a park ask a stranger to hold on to the dog while the person goes to the bathroom. The walker gives a name with a stupid reason for the name. A new person comes up and says oh cute dog what's the name? Why do they have the name? If the person they gave the dog to gives the name and the story you win if not you lose. It's so dumb but so funny. Anyway one time they gave "Hennessy" to somebody and said I use him to hit on smoking hot black chicks. The person holding the dog did not share the story.

While I understand the market, promotion, and advertising aspect, it does give me an awkward pause, I guess. I think we or at least I have been conditioned over the last few years to question what's in good taste or not sensitive or outright racist. If a food establishment that said in honor of NBA 75 we are running this food promotion I might feel the same way depending on who it was. Is this a racial stereotype? Is it good or bad? Does it matter? When does it matter?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:02 pm 

One Post wrote:
I believe this was the flavor that they used as a promo with Spiderman a few years back. If so, it's amazing.

I probably bought $50 one afternoon and stockpiled them because I knew it was limited time only. It's like liquid crack.

Well now I have to have it. If anybody knows where I can get it or wants to pick some up for me do it. I'm buying! Whoop whoop!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
T-Bone wrote:

Mine was ginger ale as a mixer, until I started earning enough income to upgrade from away from Southern Comfort. I will still use ginger ale with Jack Daniels on a flight or in a low end bar.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
SoCo and JD? How do you guys drink that syrupy sweet shite. Y'all probably drink Fireball too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Spaulding wrote:
I got an email with a points purchasing program this is the promo pict and thing they are running. Buy both Hennessy and Moet and get points.

There is a hidden camera show Impractical jokers where 4 guys do stupid things or challenges. One was you walk a dog in a park ask a stranger to hold on to the dog while the person goes to the bathroom. The walker gives a name with a stupid reason for the name. A new person comes up and says oh cute dog what's the name? Why do they have the name? If the person they gave the dog to gives the name and the story you win if not you lose. It's so dumb but so funny. Anyway one time they gave "Hennessy" to somebody and said I use him to hit on smoking hot black chicks. The person holding the dog did not share the story.

While I understand the market, promotion, and advertising aspect, it does give me an awkward pause, I guess. I think we or at least I have been conditioned over the last few years to question what's in good taste or not sensitive or outright racist. If a food establishment that said in honor of NBA 75 we are running this food promotion I might feel the same way depending on who it was. Is this a racial stereotype? Is it good or bad? Does it matter? When does it matter?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:36 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

The ad I really wouldn't think about given the micro targeting of advertising now. There have to be at least ten liquor brands being either owned and or promoted by either rappers or athletes and targeted directly at hip hop and NBA fans. And given the diversity in both fan bases it's less racial than it may first appear. Oddly enough as I'm typing this a Corona ad featuring Snoop Dog is running. I just laugh at the variety of ads running on different stations and then block them out to a certain extent since they don't matter.

But then again, I watch/have on way way too much tv. Although I can't watch reality/joke shows like the one you mentioned. I'm not in their target demographic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Mine was ginger ale as a mixer, until I started earning enough income to upgrade from away from Southern Comfort. I will still use ginger ale with Jack Daniels on a flight or in a low end bar.

Ditto. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:39 pm 

After the IJ episode I fell down the internet rabbit hole of Hennessy articles and then other stuff like Cristal/Ace of Spades. Lots of perspectives, lots of discussion on what's cultural appropriation, lots of right or wrong, it's all a little weird.

Snoop is macro. Everybody knows him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:53 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

After the IJ episode I fell down the internet rabbit hole of Hennessy articles and then other stuff like Cristal/Ace of Spades. Lots of perspectives, lots of discussion on what's cultural appropriation, lots of right or wrong, it's all a little weird.

Snoop is macro. Everybody knows him.

The second he started a cooking show with Martha Stewart your assertion became dead on accurate. And a few years ago I was dead meat for the algorithm creators. At least until I realized how much sleep I was losing. :cheese:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bagels wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I could never drink it now. I bet I haven’t had that combo in over 20 years. I would never mix with soda like that anymore. Way too sweet I agree.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I read something that suggests it has a slight blue raspberry finish. Is that true?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hussra wrote:
SoCo and JD? How do you guys drink that syrupy sweet shite. Y'all probably drink Fireball too.

I was young and I didn't like macrobrews.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Fucking kids mixing liquor with pop...get off my lawn :lol:

By the right stuff and you don't need to mix it with anything.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:44 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I read something that suggests it has a slight blue raspberry finish. Is that true?

It definitely has a sweet taste to it. Not sure which berry it would be, but blue sugar would be my description.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:51 pm 

One Post wrote:

It definitely has a sweet taste to it. Not sure which berry it would be, but blue sugar would be my description.

I just grabbed a pack on the way home tonight. I’m irrationally excited to try it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:20 pm 

It tastes a little like flat Dr Pepper with a gummy bear aftertaste.

I eat like a child so that’s a compliment, but it is definitely on the sweet side of the sugared beverage spectrum.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:34 pm 

It tastes a little like flat Dr Pepper with a gummy bear aftertaste.

I eat like a child so that’s a compliment, but it is definitely on the sweet side of the sugared beverage spectrum.

I really believe we are kindred spirits, I apologize.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:46 pm 

I have a pretty long road trip looming at the end of the month. Was going to fuel it with Mt. Dew, but now that this Dark Berry development has occurred, I'm definitely going to mix that into the caloric consumption during the drive.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The reason we have President Dementia in there now is because we had 8 years of Dark Barry!

There is one cure for the disease of Liberalism, and it's Dr DeSantis, not Dr Pepper!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Ca||er Bob wrote:
The reason we have President Dementia in there now is because we had 8 years of Dark Barry!

There is one cure for the disease of Liberalism, and it's Dr DeSantis, not Dr Pepper!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 5:19 pm 

Just completed a 27 hour roadtrip. Dr. Pepper Dark Berry was prominently involved. Some soft drinks I have no problem drinking at warm temp, I would not put Dark Berry into that category.

I also thought it tasted better over ice for some reason. Like it was good right out of the bottle chilled, but I thought it tasted much better over ice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:28 pm 

One Post wrote:
Just completed a 27 hour roadtrip. Dr. Pepper Dark Berry was prominently involved. Some soft drinks I have no problem drinking at warm temp, I would not put Dark Berry into that category.

I also thought it tasted better over ice for some reason. Like it was good right out of the bottle chilled, but I thought it tasted much better over ice.

You're going to die

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
It's good. Prefer dr pepper original, but it's still not bad for once in a while