It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Put the 10 lb brisket on at 3:30am. It is now 6am and the temp has been holding steady at 225 degrees. Internal temp in thickest part already up to 130 degrees. Thinking it will start to slow down some but for whatever reason my smoker gets the job done in like half the time I feel it should be. It will come off at 170 and get wrapped and then back in until just over 200. My guess is it will be done before 1pm. I am monitoring on my phone and will have to radio in to the wife to pull it as I will likely be at a business appointment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:22 am 

Appears to have slowed down and possibly stalled around the 157 degree mark at 7:15. Hoping it stays there a while.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Appears to have slowed down and possibly stalled around the 157 degree mark at 7:15. Hoping it stays there a while.

Trying to get to that 165 degrees takes a bit. Like the graph of filling a capacitor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
yep...that's the stall....patience.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:32 pm 

BigW72 wrote:

It’s amazing how long it takes when you aren’t inching up the temperature when you think nothing is happening. I never really realized how impatient I was :lol: It’s been stuck around 176 for hours now. I have a feeling it will be really good, but I’m hungry right now. :eye:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
T-Bone wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

It’s amazing how long it takes when you aren’t inching up the temperature when you think nothing is happening. I never really realized how impatient I was :lol: It’s been stuck around 176 for hours now. I have a feeling it will be really good, but I’m hungry right now. :eye:

Couple more days and it's going to be great.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:19 pm 

Nardi wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Couple more days and it's going to be great.

I’ll be eating on Thanksgiving Day after all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
fun little story for the thread
picked up a sale turkey on Friday, fresh.
Being fresh i figured i probably need to make it ASAP , plus i had no room in the freezer

So Saturday im getting ready to put it in the smoker
I get the brilliant idea that im gong to attempt to separate the pieces as an experiment, to try and cook dark/white meat separately.
So i got a knife and im hack the wings off. Go to hack the drumstick, knife slips and basically about hacked half my arm off
The second i glanced at it and saw what i had done, I basically freaked out. It was pretty deep.
But I composed myself, got it wrapped up in some old tshirts just to get it to stop bleeding...got it to stop bleeding fairly quick so i assumed based on that i probably didn't need stitches. I happened to have some gauze so i rinsed it off and put it on.
It's actually not causing me any pain, that and the fact it's not bleeding uncontrollably i didn't go to an urgent care.
But i gotta change the bandage again when i get home and that part sucks
SO lesson learned out there kids, be careful with your kitchen knives !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bagels wrote:
Being fresh i figured i probably need to make it ASAP , plus i had no room in the freezer

I get the brilliant idea that im gong to attempt to separate the pieces as an experiment, to try and cook dark/white meat separately.
So i got a knife and im hack the wings off. Go to hack the drumstick, knife slips and basically about hacked half my arm off
The second i glanced at it and saw what i had done, I basically freaked out. It was pretty deep.
But I composed myself, got it wrapped up in some old tshirts just to get it to stop bleeding...got it to stop bleeding fairly quick so i assumed based on that i probably didn't need stitches. I happened to have some gauze so i rinsed it off and put it on.
It's actually not causing me any pain, that and the fact it's not bleeding uncontrollably i didn't go to an urgent care.

Next time try cutting it up with a chainsaw and report back on your findings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:54 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Next time try cutting it up with a chainsaw and report back on your findings.

You people clearly shouldn't handle sharp objects please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:34 pm 

Lopping off and smoking your own flesh doesn't sound like it is going to catch on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:09 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Lopping off and smoking your own flesh doesn't sound like it is going to catch on.

HND would cook it up in his trash can.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

HND would cook it up in his trash can.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
My friend got a smoker for Christmas. I ant to get him something for it. Should I get him a cookbook or something to smoke? There are a few great butchershops here as well as Fareway stores.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
chaspoppcap wrote:
My friend got a smoker for Christmas. I ant to get him something for it. Should I get him a cookbook or something to smoke? There are a few great butchershops here as well as Fareway stores.

This, if you want to get him a cookbook. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/05440 ... UTF8&psc=1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:44 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

A nice cut of meat is a nice gift if you know what he likes to make. Also a good idea because you’ll likely get some meat out of the deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
chaspoppcap wrote:
You might be better off to get him a pair of those fuzzy dice he can hang from his rearview mirror when he turns 16 and gets his driver's license.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Grilled Picanha tonight with chimichurri. First time with that cut. It was fantastic. Kind of hard to find but worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Grilled Picanha tonight with chimichurri. First time with that cut. It was fantastic. Kind of hard to find but worth it.

Picahna? What is that?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
It is now 6am
and you're watching Perspectives!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:36 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Picahna? What is that?

It’s a Brazilian cut you see in churrascaria‘s (like Fogo). I hadn’t seen it in a butcher shop before this weekend. It’s a bit different to grill because of the fat cap but not hard and definitely worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:47 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Huh. I'll have to look for that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Huh. I'll have to look for that. Thanks.

I've seen it at a few places when I've gone out to eat. Beach House in Ottawa had one for its steak if I remember right. (I had to google it when I saw it on the menu as well)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:27 pm 

I picked it up at Hufendick’s in Plainfield fwiw. Along with top notch steaks and chops they have a nice selection of house cured bacon. Everything comes from their farm which I find appealing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Posto 31 in La Grange Park has it as an app if you are ever around there and want to try it. It's a good place.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:56 pm 

Grilling cedar-plank Copper River salmon with a lemon dill beurre blanc sauce.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Going to raid Butcher on the Block in Lake in the Hills for burgers and brats. Their brat list is next level: https://butcherontheblock.com/home/products/meats/

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:24 am 

Taught my son, Dr. Ken Jr. II, how to properly setup and run a Weber charcoal grill for temps and heat zones last night.

I feel really old now. But at least he paid attention over the past 20 years and enjoyed the food enough to want to know how to do it.

Weber grills are tricky. But I think they put the best flavor on smaller cuts of meat.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:27 pm 

depends what youre doing. we made chicken kebobs yesterday. oninions, peppers, chicken, bella mushrooms. cut everything in BIG chunks. stack on soaked bamboo skewers (dont use metal). spray heavily with 'cant believe its not butter' or brush with melted butter. douse with a ton of salt and pepper. dont put too many coals in the grill. enough to loosely cover 1 layer across the bottom. start the coals with a chimney stack, and once they are going spread them out evenly. shouldnt be any coals touching, if there are you have too many in there. once all white put the kebobs on. it will be a medium heat that fades out. leave the vents open. if you do it right by the time the kebobs are done the coals will be just about gone.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Taught my son, Dr. Ken Jr. II, how to properly setup and run a Weber charcoal grill for temps and heat zones last night.

I feel really old now. But at least he paid attention over the past 20 years and enjoyed the food enough to want to know how to do it.

Weber grills are tricky. But I think they put the best flavor on smaller cuts of meat.

I always struggled with getting my Weber charcoal grills to heat evenly. I tried several things, including getting the charcoals started in a stovepipe container. I ended up with a Weber gas grill and I know I'm losing flavor, but I can at least be consistent when cooking a lot of food.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next