It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

"CHICAGOS BEST PIZZA" - Can Pick 3!
Lou Malnatis 24%  24%  [ 68 ]
La Gondola 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Genos East 12%  12%  [ 35 ]
Unos (orginal only) 6%  6%  [ 17 ]
O'Fame 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Baranabyis 3%  3%  [ 9 ]
Eduardos 5%  5%  [ 15 ]
Bacinos 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Aurelios 13%  13%  [ 38 ]
Art of Pizza 2%  2%  [ 7 ]
Pats 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Apart 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Bricks 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Petes 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
Pequods 5%  5%  [ 13 ]
Nancys 6%  6%  [ 18 ]
Armands 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
D'Agostinos 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
Palermos 8%  8%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 283
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:36 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
leashyourkids wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Why isn't Rosati's on this list? That's my go-to thin crust.

Rosati's varies greatly by location. I think they're franchised. The one in Carol Stream was one of my go-to's years ago, but the one by me now is awful. I'd rather have Pizza Hut.

I believe sometime in the early to mid 90s, a big chunk of the family (cousins/nieces/nephews) branched out using their Rosati name for free. They were looking forward more to making money instead of caring about quality. There are also a number of owners (non-family members) who spend their money on the name and unfortunately don't know and/or care about quality or customer service. This is pretty evident in AZ. Fortunately, there are a number of awesome Rosati stores in the valley run by Scott, who moved from Schaumburg in '85 (worked at a Rosati's there for years) and opened up the first Rosati's in AZ (Tempe).

I love their pizza. They don't skimp on cheese, sauce, and most importantly, ingredients. It sucks when someone tries Rosati's for the first time and end up at a bad one. Most write it off and never try another place thinking Rosati's is Rosati's is Rosati's.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Didn't another Scot(t) open a Rosati's in Arizona?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Why isn't Rosati's on this list? That's my go-to thin crust.

Rosati's varies greatly by location. I think they're franchised. The one in Carol Stream was one of my go-to's years ago, but the one by me now is awful. I'd rather have Pizza Hut.

I believe sometime in the early to mid 90s, a big chunk of the family (cousins/nieces/nephews) branched out using their Rosati name for free. They were looking forward more to making money instead of caring about quality. There are also a number of owners (non-family members) who spend their money on the name and unfortunately don't know and/or care about quality or customer service. This is pretty evident in AZ. Fortunately, there are a number of awesome Rosati stores in the valley run by Scott, who moved from Schaumburg in '85 (worked at a Rosati's there for years) and opened up the first Rosati's in AZ (Tempe).

I love their pizza. They don't skimp on cheese, sauce, and most importantly, ingredients. It sucks when someone tries Rosati's for the first time and end up at a bad one. Most write it off and never try another place thinking Rosati's is Rosati's is Rosati's.

<raises hand>

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been ... nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.
- Isaac Asimov

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
My wife's family was a big fan of Rosatti's as I think they were one of the few places that would deliver to their house in the early 80's. I thought it was the one on Randall rd but that was a heck of a hail to their house. Who knows. Looks like they are building one in Pekin, il. I'm sure it will be highest quality.

Last edited by Drunk Squirrel on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
We had a good Rosati's by us for a while. Good thin crust.

Ownership changed and then it sucked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: I miss Carmen's
One day last summer, I'm driving around some of the industrial areas of Houston for a trucking-related project work, and I get to one of the industrial parks along the waterway where I have to do a drive around and get some basic information about the roads. Right in front of the industrial park was a Rosati's. The funniest thing was that it was only open until 5pm and only open Monday-Friday. I guess their stock in trade was truck drivers dropping off containers who knew Chicago and recognized the name.

That place is right along Buffalo Bayou, so I suspect it got completely flooded to the roof.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:44 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Didn't another Scot(t) open a Rosati's in Arizona?

It was probably one of the shitty Rosatis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13