It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
She's a cookie mixing machine but she misses too many easy throws into the cookie jar.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jesus man give the shitty parody threads a break.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Darkside wrote:

Fuck off

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nardi wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Fuck off

No u. Go back to franse, Hitler.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:28 pm 

I'm starting to trust Mrs Doubtfire.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I like her cookies. I'd like to see how the production side goes. Would you guys prefer a homemade cookie or one like hers?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Spaulding wrote:
I like her cookies. I'd like to see how the production side goes. Would you guys prefer a homemade cookie or one like hers?

Crumbl had a white chocolate chip last week that may be the best cookie I’ve ever purchased. Closest thing to homemade I’ve had, so the answer to the question would be homemade.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:45 pm 

Crumbl has a lot of jobs posted for Naperville. From what the descriptions are they scale mix pan and bake on site so you are getting a fresh baked cookie. It would be ingredients/the formula that would differentiate them from others. I've thought about it but I don't know if I'd want to do that or not. Are they a soft or crispy cookie? I think they have ice cream but I can't tell if they make it there or not.

I say one like hers because I assume the dough is sent to the location panned and baked...I wouldn't put money on it though.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:52 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

I can't eat them anymore due to my dietary restrictions due to being diagnosed as pre-diabetic.

I really never liked their cookies. They always sell them at the mall and they have been sitting there for hours.

I am a real sucker for home made chocolate chip cookies. Nice and hot out of the oven.

One place that makes really good cookies is subway. They make the fresh daily. If you get there for lunch around 1130 they'll always have a fresh hot batch out and they melt in your mouth. But never get it later in the day , they get stale. And never get on Sunday's, they never bake them fresh on Sunday and just take the leftovers from Saturday.

I cant think of its name but there was a sandwich chain that sold some good cookies. not Panera. but similar.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Spaulding wrote:
Crumbl has a lot of jobs posted for Naperville. From what the descriptions are they scale mix pan and bake on site so you are getting a fresh baked cookie. It would be ingredients/the formula that would differentiate them from others. I've thought about it but I don't know if I'd want to do that or not. Are they a soft or crispy cookie? I think they have ice cream but I can't tell if they make it there or not.

I say one like hers because I assume the dough is sent to the location panned and baked...I wouldn't put money on it though.
All different types. Some cold, some served warm. New lineup each week and they’re baking all day with massive mixers & ovens. I could see it getting monotonous, but they change the cookies frequently enough. And they’re closed on Sundays to prep the next week’s recipes.

The ice cream kinda sucks.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:20 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

All different types. Some cold, some served warm. New lineup each week and they’re baking all day with massive mixers & ovens. I could see it getting monotonous, but they change the cookies frequently enough. And they’re closed on Sundays to prep the next week’s recipes.

I never heard of Crumbl. Is it a national cookie franchise?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:21 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

The process for the baker would be the same. It would kind of suck. Mixing 20 pounds of cookie dough is fine. Panning 20 pounds of cookie dough is less fine.

I wonder if they do their ice cream on site. A lot of colleges known for their culinary or food science programs have ice cream shops run by the students. Clemson's is suppose to be pretty good. There are certain things if you can get right then you are good and it shows you know what's going on. I feel like ice cream is right up there with that test. There are certain foods that are hard to execute, I've heard eggs or omelettes are up there too.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:22 pm 

Observer wrote:

Yes. There is a lot of them and they ship.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:28 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Observer wrote:

Yes. There is a lot of them and they ship.

ship? wont the cookies be cold by then? or is it premade and you put it in the oven?

I just googled them and they are in this area but not in the city. very far away in some suburbs.

look like fancy cookies like you'd order at a party.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 10:32 pm 

Fancy cookies are piped with frosting and usually are unimpressive in taste or linzer cookies. You could rewarm these if needed.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:11 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Fancy cookies are piped with frosting and usually are unimpressive in taste or linzer cookies. You could rewarm these if needed.

So they are fancy cookies?

I’m having an urge now but fighting it.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:52 am 

Spaulding wrote:

my wife makes chocolate chip cookies that I think are good enough to be sold. I'll take those every time

Mrs. Fields was great when it first started when I was a kid. At some point, the product changed and is unworthy of purchase.

Pro tip, ABT makes great cookies on the weekend in their kitchen department. You don't even have to buy anything and you can play arcade style video games in the adjoining department.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:36 am 

She started out with adjustments to the nestle toll house recipe. I wonder if it changed the bigger the business got. It seems like it's really hard to expand a baking business without sacrifices to the original product or wrecking yourself financially.

There is a wood reclamation place in Barrington that has free popcorn and donuts. My husband was "pretty sure we were going to buy something" so he snagged a donut. Is it an ethnic thing? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Pro tip, ABT makes great cookies on the weekend in their kitchen department. You don't even have to buy anything and you can play arcade style video games in the adjoining department.

Don't be a parasite, Dolphin.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:46 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

my wife makes chocolate chip cookies that I think are good enough to be sold. I'll take those every time

Mrs. Fields was great when it first started when I was a kid. At some point, the product changed and is unworthy of purchase.

What's ABT? That electronics store?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

The same has been said about my wife's cookies.

And honestly, I can also vouch for the ABT cookies.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Observer wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

What's ABT? That electronics store?

Yes. The greatest store in the world.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:58 pm 

Good Dolphin and A Genius - can you list your wife's cookie recipes?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:49 pm 

Observer wrote:

Sure

I request cookies
at some point she uses the mixer
then she plops a lump of dough on a cookie sheet
she puts them in the oven
I eat

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Observer wrote:

Sure

I request cookies
at some point she uses the mixer
then she plops a lump of dough on a cookie sheet
she puts them in the oven
I eat

Do what your good at gd.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:15 pm 

so fuck me and fuck this thread.

I walked over to starbucks and right in my face they had this immaculate looking chocolate chip cookie.

I asked the kid how much it was and he said i'd get it free w/ my points on the phone. I hemmed and hawed and he goes 'want me to heat it up for you?'. motherfucker. couldn't resist. it was delicious.

all that hard work to get the preDiabetic count down went out the window. fuck.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:27 pm 

Observer wrote:

I walked over to starbucks and right in my face they had this immaculate looking chocolate chip cookie.

I asked the kid how much it was and he said i'd get it free w/ my points on the phone. I hemmed and hawed and he goes 'want me to heat it up for you?'. motherfucker. couldn't resist. it was delicious.

Did you buy more cookies?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:47 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Observer wrote:

no just that 1

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:35 pm 

Observer wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Observer wrote:

no just that 1

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i bought a package of Matt's chocolate chip cookies at the store last weekend despite it being the most outrageous example of shrinking the size of a product I have ever seen...this wasn't a pint of ice cream stealthily going from 16 to 14.5oz, they literally cut the size of the package of cookies in half. You used to get 4 trays in the bag and now it's 2 . For the same price.