It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:00 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Top-notch sinicalypse post earlier in this thread, the one about rolling down his window to hit the drive-thru window with pot smoke only to instead be hit by the drive-thru clerk's own pot smoke.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Hardee's Chicken & Gravy Breakfast platter.

Simply amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am 

The breakfast sandwiches there are pretty cheap. They have one called "The Monster Breakfast Sandwich," which is pretty big.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:59 am 

Reading about the schools etc - typically what happens is when a neighborhood is built, the near in school districts determine who has room and then annex in that neighborhood. Where I live (Bloomingdale), 3 elementary and 2 high school districts cut through a town of 20K. I live down the street from an elementary school (Erickson- D13) but my kids go to a different one (Cloverdale - D93)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Reading about the schools etc - typically what happens is when a neighborhood is built, the near in school districts determine who has room and then annex in that neighborhood. Where I live (Bloomingdale), 3 elementary and 2 high school districts cut through a town of 20K. I live down the street from an elementary school (Erickson- D13) but my kids go to a different one (Cloverdale - D93)

It's a strange thing living on a district border. There were kids that lived a block away from me on the border between Evanston and Niles Townships, we'd see each other walking around the neighborhood all the time, but we never went to school together and never became friends.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

It's a strange thing living on a district border. There were kids that lived a block away from me on the border between Evanston and Niles Townships, we'd see each other walking around the neighborhood all the time, but we never went to school together and never became friends.

Funny thing is that where I live now & thanks to CPS' bizarre organizations, I have no idea which high school would have been the default school for my son. Thankfully that tidbit allowed me to scare him with the specter of the "choice" of not just one, but two shitty schools (or an all boys Catholic school) if he hadn't gotten his homework done with regularity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
Arlington Heights is weird in that like none of the city actually seems to go to its high school. Some parts go to Prospect, or BG, or Meadows. I'm sure some must go to Elk Grove. I think there's a corner that gets sent to Palatine, because I met a girl at college who lived in Arlington Heights but went to Palatine. I moved away, so I didn't even go to Hersey.

elk grove grenadier here. class of '98.... i can tell you that we didnt get any BG/rolling-ghettos kids, but we did get 1/2 of des plaines (figure marshall road was the cutoff) and thus i think some of mt prospect (those kids who were right off of elmhurst by golf/el-sombrero over there, if that's prospect and not DP) as evidently maine east had a bunch of kids going there and elk grove itself was split by 53 to send that newer-half-of-EG (read: the people who aren't part of the centex-designed 1950s prototypical suburban utopia that thought "hey we have an industrial park here, so the people who work there can live right next to it! DIVINE PROVIDENCE SHINES UPON US!!!!!) going to conant.

the des plaines people were alright i suppose, but they had a pretty decent hike to EGHS. i never had to ride a school bus in my life so i can't imagine what it's like being on one of those things for 30-60 minutes twice a day.... it must have been another rung of hell.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:41 am 

OH YEAH, and i'd be remiss if i didn't say that i still haven't made it out to that hardee's yet. i think that in and of itself is a symbol of how much they've fallen from their previously-lofty-status in my world... well that and when me and my brother link up on mutual days off with my parents retired he's more prone to pop the car and come out this way as opposed to the old paradigm of me heading out there to catch a movie and/or some of his new video games on the giant LCD/plasma/whatever tv (i pretty much retired from being "hardcore" with video games with the dreamcast, you know i used to be an op in #vidgames somehow with most of the electronic gaming monthly review crew, people who moved to japan to work for famitsu, and guys who are now some sort of internet/media executives at IGN. story of my life i spose --- AHEM. so my brother has kept up nicely with all of that, while my only video game purchase was an xbox 360 in 2012 so i could borrow from his extensive reperoire of games and go buy radiant silvergun (best top down shooter ever) for x-box live arcade for $5)

AHEM PART DEUX. yeah, i aint really in a rush to go to hardees cuz i dont think it's ever going to be as good as back when i was in rock falls IL and i could smell the kid in the dead kennedys shirt serving me my frisco burger + shake combo. story of my life part deux.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:47 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
when i was in rock falls IL and i could smell the kid in the dead kennedys shirt serving me my frisco burger + shake combo. story of my life part deux.

Did you like his aroma? Was this a period of experimentation? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The discussion of "high end fast food" places is pretty damn amusing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
when i was in rock falls IL and i could smell the kid in the dead kennedys shirt serving me my frisco burger + shake combo. story of my life part deux.

Did you like his aroma? Was this a period of experimentation? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

If a person ever finds themselves in Rock Falls, they should not be eating at Hardee's. Every meal should be at Arthur's Deli.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:55 pm 
spanky wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

If a person ever finds themselves in Rock Falls, they should not be eating at Hardee's. Every meal should be at Arthur's Deli.

What about the spaghetti pizza place?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:57 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
spanky wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Spaghetti on a pizza doesn't sound very appealing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think he meant Olive Garden.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:41 pm 

spanky wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

welp it was december of 2001 and i was en route to galesburg IL for a whitehop convention/hotel-party/weekend, so i wasn't exactly hitting up the predecessor of yelp! looking for the ill places to go. IIRC i was pretty stoned and frisco burgers occupied hallowed grounds in my mind, so really the point about the smelly kid in the DK shirt was that "that guy served it to me and it was fucking good"

my last few visits to hardees = oh no, the general population's IQ/ability has decreased to such a level that the machines are no longer employee-proof! so yeah someday i'll get over there.... do they still have those bombass little cinnamon rolls in teh breakfast buffet? oh the joys of modular scheduling 1st sem of senior year and ~2hrs free time after AP chem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:23 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
spanky wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

Is that Angelo's? Maybe.....

just avoid the place with the Chicken George. Over-priced crap that you're supposed to dip in the sweetened-up mayo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
spanky wrote:

just avoid the place with the Chicken George. Over-priced crap that you're supposed to dip in the sweetened-up mayo.

CANDLELIGHT!

The first girl I met when I started doing the online dating thing lived in that area, and I stopped there one time on my way to Chicago to have lunch...we just had to eat there, because it was so amazing!

Most overrated fucking shit I've ever had. And I'm from Iowa, where we act like a trip to Biaggi's is fine dining.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 pm 

lipidquadcab wrote:
spanky wrote:

CANDLELIGHT!

The first girl I met when I started doing the online dating thing lived in that area, and I stopped there one time on my way to Chicago to have lunch...we just had to eat there, because it was so amazing!

Most overrated fucking shit I've ever had. And I'm from Iowa, where we act like a trip to Biaggi's is fine dining.

It's awful. I don't get it, but people travel from miles around to eat it. The females on my mom's side of the family HAVE to get it whenever they are within a 50 mile radius.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm 

spanky wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
spanky wrote:

CANDLELIGHT!

It's awful. I don't get it, but people travel from miles around to eat it. The females on my mom's side of the family HAVE to get it whenever they are within a 50 mile radius.

Yeah they act like the chicken is amazing (I'd be just as content getting McNuggets) and the sauce is some super secret recipe shit (I'm guessing someone just started mixing storebought sauces out of their fridge until they got something they like).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:37 pm 

"Jan's Sauce" :shock:

The name has promise, but it's just a let down in the end.......

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:38 pm 

spanky wrote:
"Jan's Sauce" :shock:

The name has promise, but it's just a let down in the end.......

Yup...the whole thing is mind boggling.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Do you have to ask Jan for extra sauce?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:10 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Do you have to ask Jan for extra sauce?

Depends if she really likes you or not.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:59 am 

Hardees: 79 cents for all drinks
2 for $2 Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuits and Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
They're building one between my house and the gym I go to in the mornings. My drive home is going to be awfully tempting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 am 

redskingreg wrote:
They're building one between my house and the gym I go to in the mornings. My drive home is going to be awfully tempting.

You might have to turn around and go back to the gym after a few biscuits.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:15 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

You might have to turn around and go back to the gym after a few biscuits.

I'm a sausage biscuit guy, so all I would order is one of those. It's protein, right? :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 am 

when i finally got around to going to the EG hardees a few months ago i had my milkshake made by just about the gayest black dude i've ever encountered IRL. it was a good shake.

the frisco burgers, as always, don't fuck around. the curly fries have fallen off some from the lofty heights of yesteryear, but they're trying really hard to get people into the mindset of eating there a bunch. they give out a ton of coupons, so last time i was out in EG i had one for a free big ham and cheese sandwich.... and when i went to redeemed it the chick at the register was like "hey, you want 2 of these?" so i'm just "uhhhh sure" and suffice to say i ended up bringing home two free ham and cheese sandwiches because i can't go to hardees and not get a friscoburger.

lamentably, i'm willing to bet that the breakfast buffet with those bomb cinnamon rolls are most likely something that'll have to be left in my rosy memories of the late 90s. speaking of, they show music videos in the EGV hardees which is kind of odd. they all went downhill quick from ellie goulding's lights

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:18 am 

I long for my high school days when they had $1 spicy chickens. We'd drunkenly roll through there at 2 a.m. and order god knows how many spicy chickens and curly fries. The drive thru always took at least 15-20 minutes, so I'd be nervous of the fuzz pulling up behind every time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:29 am 

redskingreg wrote:
I long for my high school days when they had $1 spicy chickens. We'd drunkenly roll through there at 2 a.m. and order god knows how many spicy chickens and curly fries. The drive thru always took at least 15-20 minutes, so I'd be nervous of the fuzz pulling up behind every time.

on the other side where the grass is literally greener, we were prone to making late night taco bell runs. somewhere along the way we noticed that the one up @ meachem/biesterfield had this phenomenon where there was some sort of a vaccuum of air from the outside into the taco bell through the drive through window whenever they served us. ergo, we began to clambake the shit out of the car on the way there (clambaking, for the spauldings of the world, is a 99% irrational desire to fill up your car with as much weed smoke as you can possibly get because.......? welp, "say what you will about the tenets of national socialism, dude, but at least it's an ethos!" - walter sobchak. and we had that too) because we had an idea.

so after being nervous to order through 1/2" of cracked windows when we'd get up to the drive thru window all the windows went down and then the fruits of our labor came to life. a giant car-sized plume of pot-smoke was sucked out of our car into the taco bell through the drive through window. the servers laughed their asses off and hooked us up with the metric ass-load of fire sauce that we totally fucking deserved. "them" status maintained.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next