It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Subway Siratcha Sauce
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Tried it today. Very good if you love the original. They made it a creamy thing but unlike other things it did not diminish the bite and flavor. I highly recommend if you love it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:22 pm 

Wait - what is the "original"?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
spanky wrote:
The moderator over at some other place.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am 

I don't want to know how they made it creamy but Subway sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:03 am 

i went to subway the other day. friend had the cheesesteak... i didnt know why he picked that because the meat comes from carboard trays and its all nasty looking. really everything there looked gross. i had the club, and it was pretty bad. i can make 5 real sandwiches for the same price from the grocery store.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Subway is the place you go to eat when you've given up on the hopes of getting a good meal. No one leaves their house in the morning and says "man I really feel like eating Subway today!"

That said, I've eaten there for dinner twice this week because I'm on a diet and the only thing at Subway I would even consider eating is turkey on wheat so its works out great for my diet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
chaspoppcap wrote:
I highly recommend if you love it.

You highly recommend if I love it?!? Are you 12?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
spanky wrote:

This is, but why get "creamy sriracha" when you can just order a sandwich and put "the original" on it when you get it home? Sriracha shouldn't be creamy.

The real deal is sambal oelek, though. Sriracha is great, but it's merely a gateway drug.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:06 pm 

I eat that stuff on an almost daily basis, but Sriracha isn't a brand name - it's a type of condiment, like ketchup.

That's Huy Fong Sriracha.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 pm 

Ranch + sriracha is awesome. I make it at home a lot. Go for about 20% srirachia and 80% ranch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ranch + sriracha is awesome. I make it at home a lot. Go for about 20% srirachia and 80% ranch.

If you were a man you'd make it 80% sriracha and 20% ranch. I hate your real mom.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
spanky wrote:
I eat that stuff on an almost daily basis, but Sriracha isn't a brand name - it's a type of condiment, like ketchup.

That's Huy Fong Sriracha.

I know, but sriracha from anyone else is just gross. Learned this firsthand. I'm brand-loyal.

Huy Fong's chili garlic sauce is great to cook with. Chunkier, hotter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:18 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I know, but sriracha from anyone else is just gross. Learned this firsthand. I'm brand-loyal.

Huy Fong's chili garlic sauce is great to cook with. Chunkier, hotter.

I agree on both points. The chili garlic is spicier than sriracha for about two weeks after opening it but then somehow the spiciness goes away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:28 am 

shakes wrote:
Subway is the place you go to eat when you've given up on the hopes of getting a good meal. No one leaves their house in the morning and says "man I really feel like eating Subway today!"

That said, I've eaten there for dinner twice this week because I'm on a diet and the only thing at Subway I would even consider eating is turkey on wheat so its works out great for my diet.

i hear ya.. but i always wonder how long those veggies have been sitting there... you can see they dont look that fresh, almost (for sure) as if they are laced with glycol to keep them looking green. the olives sit in a tub of juice for god knows how long... and who knows whats really in those bottles of dressings. i think the only thing that halfway makes sense is the bread, since its baked right there in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
IkeSouth wrote:
i think the only thing that halfway makes sense is the bread, since its baked right there in the kitchen.

Yet its often stale! How do they manage that?!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:16 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
i think the only thing that halfway makes sense is the bread, since its baked right there in the kitchen.

Yet its often stale! How do they manage that?!

i would say because its not real bread... but bread is just flour yeast and water... so im not sure how or why you would make that artificially

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 5600.story

By Frank Shyong
7:05 a.m. CST, November 27, 2013

A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge Tuesday ordered a Sriracha hot sauce plant in Irwindale, Ca. be partially shut down in response to odor complaints from nearby residents.

Judge Robert H. O'Brien ruled in favor of the city and ordered sauce maker Huy Fong Foods to cease any kind of operations that could be causing the odors and make immediate changes that would help mitigate them.

The injunction does not stop the company operating or using the property entirely, or specify the types of actions that are required.

Irwindale sued Huy Fong Foods on Oct. 21 after nearby residents complained of heartburn, inflamed asthma and even nosebleeds that they said were caused by the spicy odor coming from the hot sauce plant.

O'Brien acknowledged in his ruling that there was a "lack of credible evidence" linking the stated health problems to the odor, but said that the odor appears to be "extremely annoying, irritating and offensive to the senses warranting consideration as a public nuisance."

He also wrote that the odor could be "reasonably inferred to be emanating from the facility," and determined that the city is "likely to prevail" in declaring the odor a public nuisance, according to the ruling.

Irwindale officials applauded the judge's decision.

"We believe it's a strong ruling that acknowledges and is reflective of the concerns that the community has raised about the health impacts of the odor," said City Atty. Fred Galante.

Huy Fong officials did not return requests for comment Tuesday evening.

The ruling will take effect as soon as the judge signs the injunction, which Galante says will be filed as early as Wednesday.

It is unclear what the ruling means for next year's supply of Sriracha hot sauce. The factory harvests and grinds chilis for three months out of the year, and the grinding of this year's chilis has been completed.

But the mixing and the bottling of the sauce occurs on an ongoing basis. Galante said he did not know if the injunction applies to those aspects of production.

The city's goal is not to stop the production of the sauce, Galante said.

"We're going to try to keep having a conversation with Huy Fong and working out some collaborative way to test and make sure the odor problems are addressed," he said.

The case could still go to trial, but Galante said that the city hopes the matter can be resolved out of court.

frank.shyong@latimes.com

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:20 am 

Those folks sound like the clowns who move near an airport & then complain about the noise. Or even worse, the people who moved near the chocolate/candy factory in the West Loop and complained about that smell.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:03 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Those folks sound like the clowns who move near an airport & then complain about the noise. Or even worse, the people who moved near the chocolate/candy factory in the West Loop and complained about that smell.

WHY DOES THE CITY ZONE THE AREA IN A WAY THAT WOULD ADVERSELY EFFECT ITS CITIZENS?!?!?