It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 pm 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/ve ... ieve-exist

they mention at the end, how in new york they tried in 2006 to make a vending-machine only restaurant but it didnt last 3 years.

doesnt seem right, but it looks like the developing world likes instant junk food more then we do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Japan has full dining establishments of this and from what I have seen, it isnt that bad as they are actually making the food behind the machines, just makes service easier, but you know in America there would be some lady asking questions, pounding on the doors "is there peanut oil in this? Can I get it without deep fried?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:26 pm 

bigfan wrote:
in America there would be some lady asking questions, pounding on the doors "is there peanut oil in this? Can I get it without deep fried?"

this is it. youre right. notice how fast food menus got rid of the numbers? i LOVED the number system. "Ill take a number 1". done. nothing else to say. get what you see.

but not the bitch in front of me. "ill take a number 1, with no pickles mayo tomato or buns". worker goes "so you just want a patty of beef? we have to charge full price for that" bitch goes "no i want a #1 but without the pickles, mayo or buns". worker goes "so you do want tomatoes" bitch goes "no i DONT want tomatoes!". worker then just gives customer a regular number 1 with everything on it. bitch checks food BEFORE pulling out of the drive through lane. sees the discrepancy and raises hell while my bag of simple food from a simple place just sits there getting cold.

my solution though? never go to a fast food place

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
BF, you post about Japan's vending machines & miss out on these:

& check this one out:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I'll never forget my first trip to Germany around 89? I saw a beer in a vending machine and I knew I was in the right place.