It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old Crow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
BBQ place with country theme that opened a couple of weeks ago in Wrigleyville. Next to the Chase on Cornelia. Chef I guess was a contestant on Master Chef. Place is enormous. Ordered the combo with 4 other guys that came with:
1/2lb pulled pork
1/2lb brisket
full slab ribs
2 sausages
1 beer can chicken
cornbread
mac 'n cheese

Ribs - very good. Fell off the bone
Chicken - not a huge fan of BCB as people often mess it up. Crow's is best I ever had.
Rest: meh. not very memorable.

They also had a live band Saturday night. Should do pretty well during Cubs season but the place is so enormous I have to wonder how they afford to keep the lights Oct - March.

Post subject: Re: Old Crow
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
did you ask for extra sauce ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:44 am 

Bagels wrote:

:lol:

I did not. They have 3-4 bbq sauces in squeeze bottles. There was a spicy one that was good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bagels wrote:
:lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mr Kirk, let me expound.

Its a country western bar. They serve Moonshine spiced with apple juice, tatsy and potent. Metter of time before some Alderman shuts that down!

Havent had everything there yet, but it is pretty good food.

Very weird scenario here is that they share a kitchen with CHENs chinese food, who is actually the owner of this establishment and owned the property before they rebuilt it.

CHENS literally works out of the back. There is an awning in the Alley that says CHENS and they use the alley for the deliveries, it is basically delivery or takeout only Chinese food.

And as far as the sauce.....Sweet Baby Rays....CLOSED. Maybe not permanently, but for 4 weeks now. Little thing like not giving you sauce for Ribs, says a ton. Its like ordering pizza and asking if I want cheese!!!!!!!!!!!

I called on a Sunday for some ribs about 4:30 and they said they are closing the kitchen early and that was it. Havent been open since.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:00 am 

bigfan wrote:
Mr Kirk, let me expound.

Its a country western bar. They serve Moonshine spiced with apple juice, tatsy and potent. Metter of time before some Alderman shuts that down!

Havent had everything there yet, but it is pretty good food.

Very weird scenario here is that they share a kitchen with CHENs chinese food, who is actually the owner of this establishment and owned the property before they rebuilt it.

CHENS literally works out of the back. There is an awning in the Alley that says CHENS and they use the alley for the deliveries, it is basically delivery or takeout only Chinese food.

And as far as the sauce.....Sweet Baby Rays....CLOSED. Maybe not permanently, but for 4 weeks now. Little thing like not giving you sauce for Ribs, says a ton. Its like ordering pizza and asking if I want cheese!!!!!!!!!!!

I called on a Sunday for some ribs about 4:30 and they said they are closing the kitchen early and that was it. Havent been open since.

Ah, so Chen's still is around and they're sharing the kitchen. That explains why they had an Asian BBQ section on their menu. Was very confused as to how that fit the country theme. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Take a walk in the alley, looks like the cast of Fast and Furious 8- CHINA and the Chens awning is there, Actually read the fine print on all Old Crow stuff and it says Chens Inc.