It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 pm 

Check this one out: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/07/ ... g-his-job/

[Rose] also made yet another reference to the role of the supernatural in his comeback, saying that he has been “just waiting, just praying about it.” This after his repeated insistence that “Nobody knows but God,” “Only God knows,” and “It’s in God’s hands.”

Actually, his knee was trusted to the hands of Dr. Cole. If the time has come to stop obeying him and instead listen to some invisible sky-being, then he should have the latter repair the torn ligament next time. Do a laying-on of hands, light some candles and hope for the best. No more silly medicine for him like reconstructive surgery, if higher powers of healing have taken over the job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm 
So you come back, make an ass out of yourself, and then provide proof of how totally fucking batshit you are. Good use of a snow day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I thought hardees went belly up due to arbys taking over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:32 pm 
312player wrote:

I ate at one in Sheboygan yesterday. It was fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:38 pm 

312player wrote:

Hardees is owned by the same company as Carl's Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:42 pm 
Mini Ditka wrote:
312player wrote:

MD + SHARK = Match?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm 

Years ago I had a low carb burger at Hardees. It was essentially a half pound burger wrapped in lettuce with no bun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Baby McNown wrote:
312player wrote:

I ate at one in Sheboygan yesterday. It was fantastic.

Yeah but what about Hardee's?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Mini Ditka wrote:
312player wrote:

Bible verses on their packaging too? Sonic needs to open up in Chicago or stop advertising here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
I was just thinking, "You know, the one thing this city is missing is a place where you can get a burger with a cheesesteak on it."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:12 pm 
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Sonic needs to open up in Chicago or stop advertising here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mini Ditka wrote:

[Rose] also made yet another reference to the role of the supernatural in his comeback, saying that he has been “just waiting, just praying about it.” This after his repeated insistence that “Nobody knows but God,” “Only God knows,” and “It’s in God’s hands.”

Actually, his knee was trusted to the hands of Dr. Cole. If the time has come to stop obeying him and instead listen to some invisible sky-being, then he should have the latter repair the torn ligament next time. Do a laying-on of hands, light some candles and hope for the best. No more silly medicine for him like reconstructive surgery, if higher powers of healing have taken over the job.

Mini Ditka wrote:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:06 pm 

its not hardees its carl's jr. theyre only keeping the hardees name in places where they used to be 20 years ago.

that said, carls jr is pretty damn good for fast food. that said, its still fast food and it makes your gut turn into slimer.

WELCOME TO CARL'S JR, FUCK YOU.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:08 pm 

Mini Ditka wrote:
312player wrote:

it is carls jr. there is nothing of the old hardees there besides the name. even the carl's jr star is now the logo.

trust me, if it was the old hardees nobody would buy a single french fry. hardees was mcdonalds but WORSE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:04 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hardees is terrible. I don't care if they open 1000 restaurants in Chicago. I haven't had a bite of fast food in over 4 Months. That crap is horrible for you.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Scorehead wrote:
. I haven't had a bite of fast food in over 4 Months. That crap is horrible for you.

quit being so sanctimonious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Mini Ditka wrote:

I have an M.D. from the University of Chicago, I am board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, I have been awarded NBA Team Physician of the Year, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their career as an MVP point guard isn't over, who do you think they're praying to?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 am 

Scorehead wrote:
I haven't had a bite of fast food in over 4 Months. That crap is horrible for you.

No fuck'in way...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Hardees is real good. Almost makes up for the fact that there are no White Castles here. Best burger I had there was the A-1 Thickburger. They are also about the only place where what you get looks like what is on the board

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Douchebag wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
I haven't had a bite of fast food in over 4 Months. That crap is horrible for you.

No fuck'in way...

Yup. I decided to go on the Caveman/Paleo diet about 4 Months ago. Essentially, you eat all natural foods that hunters & gatherers ate...meat, fish, veggies, fruits, & nuts. I completely gave up bread, pasta, dairy, sugar & processed foods. I haven"t cheated once. I love mashed potatoes & dressing on Thanksgiving, but I skipped both. Basically the Paleo diet its a version of the Atkins diet without Dairy products. I travel alot so it's tough when I am on the road traveling by car, but I resist the temptation & have not had a hamburger, hot dog, taco, or burrito in 4 Months. I went to the Doctor 2 weeks ago & I weighed in 30 pounds lighter & he asked me what I did to lose the weight. When I told him that I was on the Caveman diet he said it is very healthy & to keep it up.
I used to have aches & pains, get fatigued, & would frequently just feel lousy. Not anymore. I have more energy & this is the best I have felt in 15 years.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I've been eating fast food on average about once a day (probably slightly less) for the last 10 years. 5 months ago I had my last complete physical...I am at the pinnacle of the physical condition.

Maybe not that...but my blood pressure, cholesterol, etc etc... all good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i think hardees burgers are the best among the fast food places i have been out here in Dixon, but it is too fucking expensive. you get a combo with the burger, fries and a drink and you are out close to $10. the frisco burger is awesome though, but i don't go there very often anymore because of the price and the fact every bite feels like a heart attack coming on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
hardee's used to be unequivocally awesome ~10-15 years ago. whatever equipment they had to make the food was employee-proof and you always got an awesome frisco burger, curly fries, and a shake (i never eat anything else on the menu when i discover perfection like that) -- the golden standard was that once in rock falls, IL i got said frisco burger combo from an employee in a dead kennedy's shirt who i could smell through the drive through window in my car, and yet the food was excellent; you know, the foundation of legend and lore.

but over the last ~5 years when i go out of my way to stop at one (usually on the trip up to milwaukee on i-94 or whenever i encounter one in the boonies) i've noticed a distinct drop in quality of the food. the fries have slipped from always being on point to mostly lukewarm good-fries-gone-old, and the frisco burgers that clogged a special place in my heart going all the way back to the first time i had one with my dad whilst driving out to washington DC as a yute, well they've come down a little bit to the realm of an average fast food burger.

so while it could be that i'm getting old and less joyous as a whole, it's more than likely either the equipment hasn't aged well, or the ability of the average worker has decreased to a point where even the machines can't save us (most likely). i'm not one to let emotions cloud my keen senses of perception so i'm thinking that something happened to take hardee's down a notch or two from the good ol days when they were truly head and shoulders above the average fast food joint.

that said, BRING IT ON HARDEE'S...... but know that you've slipped from being a must-visit to the point where that hardee's has been back in EGV for months and i haven't yet had the desire to run out there and give you my $$$.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Plus they have some of the best commercials
This one had me laughing hard first time I say it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0EzeStwP5I

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Sonic in Uptown delayed.

Quote:
Chicago is going to have to wait a little longer for its cherry limeade fix.

Recent cold weather has delayed the opening of Sonic at 1016 W. Wilson Ave. in Uptown, according to Ald. James Cappleman's office.

Tressa Feher, Cappleman's chief-of-staff, said Monday that the subzero cold weather this winter has caused materials used for the parking lot surface to not set properly. The grand opening, which she said executives have described as a "big, big deal," will now be sometime in late March.

Originally, the restaurant aimed to open in January.

Read more at http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/local ... d020ZcH.99