It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hatchetman wrote:
you guys that go out to lunch meetings with customers/colleagues....ever notice how few men are "man" enough to order a dessert?

uh none for me, my girdle is getting tight

I break the mold and will get a dessert. then all the bitches start changing their minds..

welll, maybe I could go for one of those double chocolate chunk buster pies

same with alcohol

5 people in a row will order an iced tea...afraid...then the 6th will order a draft beer and the floodgates open

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:27 pm 

Bagels wrote:
5 people in a row will order an iced tea...afraid...then the 6th will order a draft beer and the floodgates open
Except Frank, who sticks with the iced tea because that is how it should be damnit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Bagels wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
you guys that go out to lunch meetings with customers/colleagues....ever notice how few men are "man" enough to order a dessert?

I break the mold and will get a dessert. then all the bitches start changing their minds..

same with alcohol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOdJM7WVfk

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:46 pm 

You guys should see what happens when one guy has the balls to light the first joint

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
You guys wanna see what happens when one guy has the nuts to light the first joint
Hopefully the cops are called.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
You guys wanna see what happens when one guy has the nuts to light the first joint

2 of every appetizer is ordered?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The meeting was in Vancouver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Is milk or ice cream an ingredient in a McDonald's shake?

i got an ice cream machine back in November (curse you amazon daily deals)
it's great fun

if only heavy cream wasn't so expensive

What kind of equipment do you have? I've been making ice cream for years with a pretty pathetic manual churning device. I'm thinking about taking a step up to something like this in the near future:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O ... UTF8&psc=1

that's what i got...looks far less complicated than what you have in the pic there...
Basically all you do is keep the freezer bowl in the freezer, then when you have your milk/cream/flavorings mixed, dump the shit it and turn it on
then in the last ~15-20 minutes you add your cookies, candy, caramel, etc. if you wish
the only thing i don't like about it, and it's a minor complaint, is that when the churning time is finished it's really only barely the consistency of soft serve...you have to let it freeze for at least 3-4 hours to get a "normal" consistency

I think the Breville machine in the picture is different from your Cuisinart ice cream maker. The Breville model costs about $400 and serves as its own freezer, attaining commercial level performance through its rapid, deep-freeze capacity. It can produce "hard" ice cream in about 30 minutes, I think. A quick deep-freeze is important when you're making fruit-based ice cream because that's what you need to avoid ice crystals.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:50 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The meeting was in Vancouver
Hopefully the mounties are called.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Bagels wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

same with alcohol

WHat we do now is let the guy that sometimes orders alcohol go first. He sets the tone for the whole table.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
I think the Breville machine in the picture is different from your Cuisinart ice cream maker. The Breville model costs about $400 and serves as its own freezer, attaining commercial level performance through its rapid, deep-freeze capacity. It can produce "hard" ice cream in about 30 minutes, I think. A quick deep-freeze is important when you're making fruit-based ice cream because that's what you need to avoid ice crystals.

yeam i'm guessing since mine was ~50$ and that one is 400$, there may be slight differences :lol:

i'm not trying to challenge Ben & Jerry here, just make a pint of ice cream every now and then

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Whipped cream on top of a milkshake is what we fought WWI for. WWII was for the cherry. Enjoy ordering without them Comrades.

How bout I replace 15% of your steak with breadsticks?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Bagels wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

same with alcohol

So refusing to order dessert makes some not "man" enough? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Whipped cream on top of a milkshake is what we fought WWI for. WWII was for the cherry. Enjoy ordering without them Comrades.

Not comaparable you dont put breadsticks on a steak nor do they add to the appeal of the steak. You can replace 15% of my steak with a truffle oil and crabmeat mixture though...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
A shamrock shake never had whipped cream before. Call it a shamrock sundae then, I want all shake.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
KDdidit wrote:
A shamrock shake never had whipped cream before. Call it a shamrock sundae then, I want all shake.

But whipped cream makes everything fancier (and you can charge another 15-35 cents for it).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Not comaparable you dont put breadsticks on a steak nor do they add to the appeal of the steak. You can replace 15% of my steak with a truffle oil and crabmeat mixture though...

A steak with truffle oil? Madness!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:59 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

You're crazy. You're giving up 50kbs of the main ingredient for 15 lbs of toppings

Adds to the appeal....I'll appeal you :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:08 am 

If you to Chick-Fil-A or Steak and Shake they use real whipped cream on their shakes. Some places don't put whipped cream on shakes at all, like what McDonald's used to do. The Shamrock shake at McDonald's is different now and probably slightly more expensive compared to how much you were getting in the big drink cup. I think a large is maybe $3.50 now. Depending on who owns the McDonald's the prices can vary. A large is not much more expensive than a medium, so it ends up being cheaper to get the bigger one.

I was thinking maybe I should hit up Oberweis for a mint shake over there since they make better shakes than any of the other places. Culver's does a mint oreo concrete mixer, which is also worth checking out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 am 

Chocolate
Strawberry
Vanilla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:54 am 

I'd rather they switch to a Bailey's flavor rather than the faux mint that leaves a horrible aftertaste.