It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Davids Tea
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I think you should all step in and sample some products. Maybe spend an afternoon there with your wife, GF or beard.

http://www.davidstea.com/home-usa

Post subject: Re: Davids Tea
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Prefer Todd & Holland in Forest Park.

http://www.todd-holland.com/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm a huge tea drinker, so this is of great interest to me (especially that vanilla Earl Grey and second-flush Darjeeling). Thanks, bigfan! I'll check it out as soon as I can!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
To be honest, I walked in the door, thinking I was walking into Annettes ice cream which is int he back of the same building and nobody was at the service window, so I walked in the door! WHAM!

TEA LAND!

Just wanted a quick ice tea to go and instead got a dose of extended teaology.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:10 pm 

Any experience with the Coffee & Tea Exchange on Broadway? or with the process of buying coffee in general? I was going to get some "Indian monsoon tea" as a gift for someone, and then the site asked me to "select my grind" and my brain shut down. I don't know anything about that. I wasn't going to drop money on some exotic coffee and then have it ground the wrong way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tall Midget doesn't imbibe hot liquids.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
There's a tea shop on Irving in Portage Park called Tea'se. (I don't know what that name is all about, it's not really a pun.) Anyway, the guys who opened it are brothers, and their Dad owns a custom glass business on the same block. They leased a storefront (the Dad doesn't own the block.) and planned to open a tattoo parlor. Shortly into the process (but somehow, mystifyingly, after signing a lease) they found out the storefront wasn't zoned for a tattoo parlor (I imagine that medical-grade drainage or something is required), so they deiced to go with their second love, which is allegedly tea. So now these tatted up brothers from Elmwood Park run as tea shoppe called Tea'se in Joe Lunchpail Portage Park. And you know what? It's lovely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Curious Hair wrote:
Any experience with the Coffee & Tea Exchange on Broadway? or with the process of buying coffee in general? I was going to get some "Indian monsoon tea" as a gift for someone, and then the site asked me to "select my grind" and my brain shut down. I don't know anything about that. I wasn't going to drop money on some exotic coffee and then have it ground the wrong way.

Do never give ground coffee as a gift or even purchase pre-ground coffee--unless you're talking about a cannister of Chock Full O Nuts you keep around for coffee emergencies/biker gang scrapbooking parties/when the in-laws visit and you brew 2 pots, one fresh-ground for yourself, pre-ground diner coffee for them.

Purchase whole bean coffee as a gift and for your own consumption. Serviceable coffee grinders go for $8 at Target. Any coffee drinker worth their sumatra will already own several coffee grinders, might even have a coffee maker with the grinder built-in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hussra wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Do never give ground coffee as a gift or even purchase pre-ground coffee--unless you're talking about a cannister of Chock Full O Nuts you keep around for coffee emergencies/biker gang scrapbooking parties/when the in-laws visit and you brew 2 pots, one fresh-ground for yourself, pre-ground diner coffee for them.

Purchase whole bean coffee as a gift and for your own consumption. Serviceable coffee grinders go for $8 at Target. Any coffee drinker worth their sumatra will already own several coffee grinders, might even have a coffee maker with the grinder built-in.

+100. Cuisinart with the built in grinder. It's the only way to go. Tea is for them gheys.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:50 am 

Hussra wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Good point. That makes a lot of sense. Understand that I have the same relationship with coffee that I have with shampoo (love the smell, can't stand the taste), so this is all completely foreign to me. Duly noted!

Scorehead wrote:
Tea is for them gheys.

:x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:00 am 

I want to teabag all you mo's posting in this thread.

first post links to a site asking whether I'm posting in Canada or the US. sketchy, very sketchy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I drink tea a lot at band practice or gigs. Also a tea drinker when I have a cold.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I drink hot green tea on the reg, yo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hatchetman wrote:
Prefer Todd & Holland in Forest Park.

http://www.todd-holland.com/

Just get him off my TV doing Cubs Pre and Post, please.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thats terrible Camps, but I still :lol: 'd

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 pm 

Just got some lapsang from Coffee & Tea Exchange and this is amazing! Oh, what a smell! It's like drinking a campfire. I LOVE IT.