It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
spanky wrote:
Yeah, that couldn't be more wrongerest. Tell me more about the 5-for-$5 crap at Arby's that you long for.

Is there such thing as an "expensive" standard fast food burger? Isn't low cost one of the two main draws to fast food?

Arby's doesn't do that any longer. And I've always been more of a fan of the 2 for $6 Beef N Cheddar deals. You need to follow my food threads closer. Don Tiny was the 5 for $5 guy.

So McDonald's is your favorite fast food burger?

I don't mind paying above standard fast food prices for a good burger. So yeah, I'll pay $8 for a good Smashburger. And no, that burger isn't in the same fast food tier as McDonald's or Burger King.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:49 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:

No In-N-Out is.
You need to follow my threads closer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:49 pm 

spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

No In-N-Out is.

But McDonald's is even cheaper. And cost is the draw, no?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
immessedup17 wrote:
spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

No In-N-Out is.

the thing is though, much like society, there is no middle class in fast food anymore
it's either the dollar menu or a 8$ combo

i think (aside from dollar menus) it's a misconception that fast food is cheap
how much does a single Bic Mac cost at most McD's ? Pretty sure it's like 3.50$
and aren't their "premium" burgers like the Angus over 5$ ?
those are pretty steep prices relative to the quality and quantity of food you're getting . Pretty sure a Big Mac doesn't even have 1/4lb of meat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:54 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

No In-N-Out is.

You need to follow my threads better.

It's one of the two main draws to fast food. As I said before.

Cost
Convenience

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:24 pm 

spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

No In-N-Out is.

You need to follow my threads better.

It's one of the two main draws to fast food. As I said before.

Cost
Convenience

McDonald's is both cheaper and more convenient. In-N-Out has ridiculous lines / wait times.

Have you not been to an In-N-Out, perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:48 pm 

:lol: spanky lying about having been to in-and-out

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:

I'm willing to wager any amount, you choose, that I have been to In-N-Out more recently than you have.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:07 pm 

Portillo's has longer wait times in my experience than In-N-Out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:13 pm 

spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

I'm willing to wager any amount, you choose, that I have been to In-N-Out more recently than you have.

I was last at the Folsom, CA location on November 9th, 2014. It was a sunny afternoon. I ordered a double-double, with fries and a vanilla shake.

The drive-thru wait was approximately 15 minutes. Possibly more. I've never waited 15 minutes at Portillo's. I've had a lot of Portillo's.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:14 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

I was last at the Folsom, CA location on November 9th, 2014. It was a sunny afternoon.

Good thing for you that you choose not to back up your brilliant internet thoughts :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:16 pm 

spanky wrote:
Good thing for you that you choose not to back up your brilliant internet thoughts :wink:

I'm sorry - what does you having gone there more recently than I have to do with this discussion, exactly?

Did In-N-Out suddenly open up 100 more locations in the last 2 months? Did they renovate their establishments to increase the amount of customers that can be serviced per hour? Have prices decreased?

What has changed? Please, let me know.

Any insight you can offer as to why In-N-Out is suddenly cheaper and/or more convenient would help me understand your point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:40 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
spanky wrote:

I'm sorry - what does you having gone there more recently than I have to do with this discussion, exactly?

Did In-N-Out suddenly open up 100 more locations in the last 2 months? Did they renovate their establishments to increase the amount of customers that can be serviced per hour? Have prices decreased?

What has changed? Please, let me know.

Any insight you can offer as to why In-N-Out is suddenly cheaper and/or more convenient would help me understand your point.

You said I've never been there. I've not only been there, but more recently than you. :lol:

Do I need 100 more establishments to eat there? Do I care about how many they service in an hour?
Their single burger is probably much cheaper than a QP w/cheese.

I stood in line about the same amount of time as a typical fast food trip.
I'm not scared to get out of my car, so that may help my cause.

You are really bad at this considering the amount of time you spend on this topic.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:54 pm 

100 more restaurants would saturate a market, and allow each establishment to service less customers, decreasing wait times.

Their single burger is also smaller than a QP with cheese. Did you know a 4 oz filet is cheaper than a 24 oz strip steak?

Scared to get out of a car? I'm sure you were attempting to take a shot at me... somehow... so if you were, I'd have you know I was out visiting my family, and did not get to make the choice of getting out and entering the restaurant. Though the entire parking lot was filled, so I imagine the lines inside were also quite long.

I questioned you having been to In-N-Out because you stated In-N-Out is a fast food restaurant. This is correct. A popular one at that.

But then you stated that people choose fast food restaurants based on cost and convenience. In N Out does not do well in either category. They are costlier when compared to many popular fast food burger joints, and they do not have many locations. When you do find a location, it takes longer than average to get your "fast food."

No, In-N-Out does not pride themselves on cost nor convenience. They sell themselves based on exclusivity. And it works for them.

If you want to say it tastes better, that is subjective. I won't argue that it tastes better to you than Smashburger.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bagels wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

No In-N-Out is.

the thing is though, much like society, there is no middle class in fast food anymore
it's either the dollar menu or a 8$ combo

i think (aside from dollar menus) it's a misconception that fast food is cheap
how much does a single Bic Mac cost at most McD's ? Pretty sure it's like 3.50$
and aren't their "premium" burgers like the Angus over 5$ ?
those are pretty steep prices relative to the quality and quantity of food you're getting . Pretty sure a Big Mac doesn't even have 1/4lb of meat

I had a double Whopper for lunch, just the burger and it was $5.70

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:00 pm 

Just for clarification purposes, I have never had a In-N-Out burger.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:00 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
100 more restaurants would saturate a market, and allow each establishment to service less customers, decreasing wait times.

I know this topic is important to you, but nobody cares, no matter how many times you post it.
immessedup17 wrote:
Scared to get out of a car? I'm sure you were attempting to take a shot at me... somehow... so if you were, I'd have you know I was out visiting my family, and did not get to make the choice of getting out and entering the restaurant. Though the entire parking lot was filled, so I imagine the lines inside were also quite long.

You have long detailed your emotions toward your vehicle. I'm not judging, do what you do. :wink:
Here's the catch on the bolded part - I didn't imagine anything about In-N-Out! I actually KNOW from personal experience!

immessedup17 wrote:
But then you stated that people choose fast food restaurants based on cost and convenience.

So this is why you feel so strongly about what I said.
Do you disagree with this?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:06 pm 

This might be the worst argument in CSFMB history, but I want it to keep going.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:09 pm 

You know that In-N-Out is cheaper and more convenient than other fast food burger restaurants from experience? Interesting. In the marketing world, you're known as an outlier. We don't worry about you.

Also...my car was not involved. Again, this was in California.

I do disagree with people choosing fast food restaurants based on cost and convenience as the main motivating factors. This thread's title is proof of that. There are not many Arby's. The closest one to my office is 15 minutes away. I also cannot get out of Arby's for less than $13 usually, unless they have deals, which Arby's does not usually do.

I could get a burger, fries, and a drink at Jameson's for $13, or less. And Jameson's is less than five minutes away.

Additionally, there are countless burger fast food joints within 5 minutes of my office. But I go to Smashburger more often than McDonald's, BK, Hardee's, Wendy's, etc.

People choose fast food because they actually like (!!!) the fast food joint they are going to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:09 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
This might be the worst argument in CSFMB history, but I want it to keep going.

Spanky is having a rough couple of days, poor fella.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:15 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
I want it to keep going.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:29 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
You know that In-N-Out is cheaper and more convenient than other fast food burger restaurants from experience? Interesting.

Huh? I didn't say that. You made it up......a common theme from you. I know how long I had to wait to get my food, whereas you said you imagined how long it would take if you went inside. You need to follow my threads better :lol:

immessedup17 wrote:
People choose fast food because they actually like (!!!) the fast food joint they are going to.

People choose fast food because of price and convenience, mainly. Once they make that choice, they decide which fast food place to go to, if there are options.
There's probably a reason why most fast food places are located where they are, or better yet not located in certain areas. But I'm probably just an outlier in that belief. You're an expert.

If you can get multiple roast beef sandwiches and a drink and a side for cheaper (and faster) than Arby's, I'd be stunned. If so, Arby's has a really, really bad business model. Try to actually compare similar items when making deep fast food posts.

I'm not sure In-N-Out is expensive compared to McDonalds, is it?
Regular Cheeseburger (McD) = $1
Reg Cheeseburger (w/ lettuce, tomato) (INO) = just under $2
QP w/ cheese (McD) = just under.....$4?

Seems like it is actually right in line, no?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:33 pm 

spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
You know that In-N-Out is cheaper and more convenient than other fast food burger restaurants from experience? Interesting.

Huh? I didn't say that. You made it up......a common theme from you. I know how long I had to wait to get my food, whereas you said you imagined how long it would take if you went inside. You need to follow my threads better :lol:

immessedup17 wrote:

People choose fast food because of price and convenience, mainly. Once they make that choice, they decide which fast food place to go to, if there are options.
There's probably a reason why most fast food places are located where they are, or better yet not located in certain areas. But I'm probably just an outlier in that belief. You're an expert.

If you can get multiple roast beef sandwiches and a drink and a side for cheaper (and faster) than Arby's, I'd be stunned. If so, Arby's has a really, really bad business model. Try to actually compare similar items when making deep fast food posts.

Subway. Potbelly's. Which Wich. Quizno's. Maybe even Russell's? (I don't recall Russell's pricing...haven't been since the AH location closed.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:35 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Subway. Potbelly's. Which Wich. Quizno's. Maybe even Russell's? (I don't recall Russell's pricing...haven't been since the AH location closed.)

You can get multiple roast beef sandwiches, a drink, and fries/side at Subway for less than Arby's?
This is an honest question.

Didn't you say two sandwiches at Arby's were $5?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:41 pm 

I've also never heard of Russell's or Which Which.

Because Spanky is the crazy guy that prefers some mom/pop shops to some fast food chains. I'm an "outlier".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:41 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:42 pm 

spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

You can get multiple roast beef sandwiches, a drink, and fries/side at Subway for less than Arby's?
This is an honest question.

Didn't you say two sandwiches at Arby's were $5?

2 for $6. Arby's, when they have the rare deal, and it only affects 3 types of sandwiches. This deal is maybe available for one month out of the year. This includes no side and no drink, which are expensive at Arby's. (No one gets the value size as it is a sampler that contains three (3) fries.)

Arby's charges $3.39 for their smallest, plain roast beef sandwich at the Rolling Meadows location.

At Subway, you can get a 6" roast beef for $3. You can also, for $6, get a 6" roast beef, a side of chips, and a 21 oz drink. You can then add a second 6" roast beef and get to $9. Without coupons, which Subway has everywhere.

Arby's coupons consist of me getting an email once every two weeks, with a single offer. That offer usually isn't even worth printing the coupon. I don't see Arby's coupons in the mail. Maybe they exist.

So at Arby's, my usual meal of two Beef N Cheddars are $4.xx a piece, a curly fry is $2.19, and a drink is $2 something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:43 pm 

spanky wrote:
I've also never heard of Russell's or Which Which.

Because Spanky is the crazy guy that prefers some mom/pop shops to some fast food chains. I'm an "outlier".

Russell's original location is in Elmwood Park. That may be the only location left now. It is pretty famous.

Which wich has several locations in the Chicago area, including one in Plainfield, extremely close to Katie O'Connors.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:45 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
Which wich has several locations in the Chicago area, including one in Plainfield, extremely close to Katie O'Connors.

Huh.
Who (else) knew?!

Russell's doesn't sound like it would fit in this conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:00 pm 

spanky wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

Huh.
Who (else) knew?!

Russell's doesn't sound like it would fit in this conversation.

Maybe not. But it sure is tasty, and I wish the AH location didn't close.

When november and I moved into our Wood Dale townhouse (how gay does that sound?), we catered Russell's for our first party. Roast beef and alcohol for days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next