It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: LOUS!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:06 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Pizza and burgers are better with bacon. Let's not get too extreme with the anti-bacon blowback here.

I've had exactly one burger w/bacon in my entire life where the bacon made a real difference. It just isn't necessary if you have good meat, properly cooked with a good cheese imo. As for on pizza, I don't particularly care for any kind of cured meat on pizza. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really a pizza purist & I do like different things on pizza every now and then, but cured meats just end up dominating the whole Magilla. Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. As noted above, if I want bacon, I'll just get bacon.

One of my best experiences away at school was knowing it was "bacon" day in the cafeteria. My roommate & I would make sure to go get a full plate of bacon to go with a giant bowl of Crunch Berries. (Oh for the days of being an underweight 17 year old)

I would not eat any meat served by the CUA cafeteria by the time I got to my sophomore year. I remember seeing the truck that brought it in in the morning and it advertised some usda grade of meat I didn't know existed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
bigfan wrote:
IMU wrote:
bigfan is trying to switch the topic. Poorly. He understands the hypocrisy of thinking all "breakfast food" (like it is one type of dish) is the same yet is able to uniquely describe and rank 100 types of pizzas all made within a 20 square mile area.

Bigfan...how do your taste buds work so differently than normal folks'?

Just to clarify, are these insults?

Now I'm questioning your taste buds as well as your definition of 'insult.'

Please be less sensitive. The board is more enjoyable with a jovial bigfan.

I mean...you're my guy. I can definitely get on board with someone maintaining their own 100 line-item list of pizza places with thought out descriptions of each. It is a sign that someone knows their opinions are highly valued by others. As someone that also has opinions that are highly valued by others, I understand the desire to spread the gospel.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
IMU wrote:
bigfan wrote:
IMU wrote:
bigfan is trying to switch the topic. Poorly. He understands the hypocrisy of thinking all "breakfast food" (like it is one type of dish) is the same yet is able to uniquely describe and rank 100 types of pizzas all made within a 20 square mile area.

I mean...you're my guy. I can definitely get on board with someone maintaining their own 100 line-item list of pizza places with thought out descriptions of each. It is a sign that someone knows their opinions are highly valued by others. As someone that also has opinions that are highly valued by others, I understand the desire to spread the gospel.

PUSH THE BUTTON.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
SomeGuy makes me laugh. Is that wrong? I think I just pushed the button.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:25 am 

We should stop arguing. All pizza is great except St. Louis pizza. That stuff sucks.

We like different kinds based on your opinions on the best part of the pizza(cheese, sauce, crust, toppings).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We should stop arguing. All pizza is great except St. Louis pizza. That stuff sucks.

We like different kinds based on your opinions on the best part of the pizza(cheese, sauce, crust, toppings).

Fucking commie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 am 

By the way, the cheese is the best part of pizza, and anyone else who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:35 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
By the way, the cheese is the best part of pizza, and anyone else who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Unless there is too much of it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Scorehead wrote:
When did it become a thing for kids to dip their pizza in ranch dressing?

I shit you not, I knew (well, I guess I still know him) a fella that would get a plate of spaghetti (or whatever) and, in addition to the sauce on it, also mix in Ranch dressing. It's the single most abominable food-related fuckery I've ever seen. I mean, this was a decade ago and it still makes my teeth itch just recalling it even now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:44 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I shit you not, I knew (well, I guess I still know him) a fella that would get a plate of spaghetti (or whatever) and, in addition to the sauce on it, also mix in Ranch dressing. It's the single most abominable food-related fuckery I've ever seen. I mean, this was a decade ago and it still makes my teeth itch just recalling it even now.

I hope you killed this person.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Some kids out here for some weird reason mix Italian dressing in their spaghetti.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

idk, i've seen people at Subway get the meatball sub and in addition to the red sauce, add mayo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

That's the problem; he's a really nice guy but not overly saccharin ... and was also a shitload of fun to try to drive up a wall from time to time ... can't harm a fella like that ... too valuable. That said, I probably called him everything but a white man for such a terrible thing done in my presence.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:11 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

That's the problem; he's a really nice guy but not overly saccharin ... and was also a shitload of fun to try to drive up a wall from time to time ... can't harm a fella like that ... too valuable.

Slightly injure?

We just can't let society get away with such things.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:11 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
IMU wrote:
bigfan wrote:
IMU wrote:

PUSH THE BUTTON.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
When I went to visit my brother at his colllege (Oswego State, upstate NY), after the bars all the kids would go to the pizza place for a "slice of Blue". A slice of cheese pizza with blue cheese dressing to dip it in. I gotta say, it was fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
shakes wrote:
When I went to visit my brother at his colllege (Oswego State, upstate NY), after the bars all the kids would go to the pizza place for a "slice of Blue". A slice of cheese pizza with blue cheese dressing to dip it in. I gotta say, it was fantastic.

Anything tastes good when you're three sheets to the wind.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
A pizza with just blue cheese, caramelized onions, and walnuts is pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

For the record, I have not argued about the pizza. If you dont like Lou's , I understand, but to deny the popularity...and base the popularity on it due to some requirement that makes you a Chicagoan is just plain foolish.

Also, may I state I may have traveled further South for a pizza than anyone here with the Shakeys in Acapulco! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

For the record, I have not argued about the pizza. If you dont like Lou's , I understand, but to deny the popularity...and base the popularity on it due to some requirement that makes you a Chicagoan is just plain foolish.

Also, may I state I may have traveled further South for a pizza than anyone here with the Shakeys in Acapulco! :D

I miss the Shakey's that used to be here, the Mojo's were outstanding. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I ate at Pizza Hut in Costa Rica....was on foreign exchange in high school. That should be further south than you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I had pizza in Kyoto. I bet that's furthest EAST.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:57 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I ate at Pizza Hut in Costa Rica....was on foreign exchange in high school. That should be further south than you.

Ok, you win. congrats. Your PizzaHut coupon is in the mail

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
bigfan wrote:

That place looks like the Club in Florida from Donnie Brasco.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Shakey's sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:16 pm 

shakes wrote:
bigfan wrote:

That place looks like the Club in Florida from Donnie Brasco.

I think it was the Shakeys in New Mexico. As a yute, we went there often as my grandma lived there and they had some deal with weighing a kid and then they charged them according to weight I think? So if you weighed 61 pounds, you paid $6.10 for all you can eat....I think..?

The one in acapulco was the first floor of a multi unit building, but was on the main drive. Guessing it isnt around anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:21 pm 

bigfan wrote:
If you dont like Lou's , I understand, but to deny the popularity...and base the popularity on it due to some requirement that makes you a Chicagoan is just plain foolish.

I'm not denying its popularity, and why something is popular is very subjective.

Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Domino's and Little Caesars are all far more popular than Lou Malnati's. On such a scale that 80%+ of the nation probably hasn't even heard of Lou Malnati's.

Would you agree that popularity is not quite connected to quality?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:22 pm 

IMU wrote:
Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Domino's and Little Caesars are all far more popular than Lou Malnati's

Because they are cheaper and faster.........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:24 pm 

IMU wrote:
bigfan wrote:
If you dont like Lou's , I understand, but to deny the popularity...and base the popularity on it due to some requirement that makes you a Chicagoan is just plain foolish.

I'm not denying its popularity, and why something is popular is very subjective.

Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Domino's and Little Caesars are all far more popular than Lou Malnati's. On such a scale that 80%+ of the nation probably hasn't even heard of Lou Malnati's.

Would you agree that popularity is not quite connected to quality?

We have done this discussion. Feel free to use the search functions for such responses.

Thank You

ADMIN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:36 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Wow.

:lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next