It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
long time guy wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Consider the sources.

And that is a stunningly stupid idea pushed by the worst among us.

"Anyone who says this is stupid who is the worst of our society" will get you 4 more years of Trump. Enjoy!

And the people who revel in that thought are just what Hillary called them.

"People who are different from me are less than me!"

That's amusing to hear from you.

That isn't what was meant by the comment.

He already called them the "worst among us" and referenced Hillary's "deplorables" comment, so yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what he meant to imply with the comment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
They had a armed guy with body armor. A handgun probably isn't a match for an AR15. Like you've pointed out these kids expect to die. This kid could have gotten away if he actually had a plan.

handguns kill more Americans in a day than AR-15's do all year you ignorant fucking genius.

Croissant America I'm aware of this. Kids aren't shooting up schools with handguns. What gay guy are you crushing on today? I bet you're the catcher.

Kids have shot up schools with handguns, and more effectively than with an AR-15 I might add. See Virginia Tech, which still is the deadliest school shooting.

Banning the AR-15 does nothing to stop such shootings, which is why I'm very strongly against the banning of the AR-15.

I'm not advocating for banning anything but that gun has been used in MANY mass shootings for a reason.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
If we are arming these people in the school, are they granted the police standard of feeling threatened as justification for using lethal force?

If they are going to be armed they have to be able to fire if needed. Obviously it has to be a real and credible threat.

"The football player lunged at me and I feared for my life."

Thats my concern. Are they allowed to pull their gun on a knife? What about a 3 on 1 fight?

Or will they be leaving locked away until an active shooter is announced. Grab your guns, we are going hunting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Consider the sources.

"Anyone who says this is stupid who is the worst of our society" will get you 4 more years of Trump. Enjoy!

He already called them the "worst among us" and referenced Hillary's "deplorables" comment, so yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what he meant to imply with the comment.

You do an awful lot of things that you hate when they're done to you. Be what you demand of others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
If we are arming these people in the school, are they granted the police standard of feeling threatened as justification for using lethal force?

If they are going to be armed they have to be able to fire if needed. Obviously it has to be a real and credible threat.

Thats my concern. Are they allowed to pull their gun on a knife? What about a 3 on 1 fight?

Or will they be leaving locked away until an active shooter is announced. Grab your guns, we are going hunting.

If you had guns locked away in a classroom they would be stolen by students in short time.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:14 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I am not in favor of arming all teachers. That would be insane.

I am in favor of arming 2 administrators per building. Obviously these would have to be carefully selected and highly trained on situations.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
They had a armed guy with body armor. A handgun probably isn't a match for an AR15. Like you've pointed out these kids expect to die. This kid could have gotten away if he actually had a plan.

handguns kill more Americans in a day than AR-15's do all year you ignorant fucking genius.

Croissant America I'm aware of this. Kids aren't shooting up schools with handguns. What gay guy are you crushing on today? I bet you're the catcher.

Kids have shot up schools with handguns, and more effectively than with an AR-15 I might add. See Virginia Tech, which still is the deadliest school shooting.

Banning the AR-15 does nothing to stop such shootings, which is why I'm very strongly against the banning of the AR-15.

I'm not advocating for banning anything but that gun has been used in MANY mass shootings for a reason.

It really hasn't been used because it is the most effective. It has been used primarily because of the media attention it draws. It is hardly the most effective weapon. In fact, pistols are more effective as they allow you to more easily get into a densely packed area undetected before opening fire. A long gun is very difficult to conceal and thus not optimal in most cases.

Once again, the deadliest school shooting (Virginia Tech) and the deadliest single person mass shooting (Norway) were not carried out with an AR-15. The weapon seems to be drawing unwarranted attention from gun grabbers because they don't know what the fuck they are talking about when discussing firearms.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:

Really hasn't been used in that many shootings. If limiting gun deaths is your goal you aren't giving the AR-15 a second thought.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:

It really hasn't been used because it is the most effective. It has been used primarily because of the media attention it draws. It is hardly the most effective weapon. In fact, pistols are more effective as they allow you to more easily get into a densely packed area undetected before opening fire. A long gun is very difficult to conceal and thus not optimal in most cases.

Once again, the deadliest school shooting (Virginia Tech) and the deadliest single person mass shooting (Norway) were not carried out with an AR-15. The weapon seems to be drawing unwarranted attention from gun grabbers because they don't know what the fuck they are talking about when discussing firearms.

Didn't the Vegas and gay night club guy use one. I think when you're shooting fish in a barrel you're not worried about accuracy. Again I'm not advocating for banning the gun. It's too late for banning just about anything.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Consider the sources.

Have you ever defined what you believe "society" to be?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
RFDC wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

I am in favor of arming 2 administrators per building. Obviously these would have to be carefully selected and highly trained on situations.

the biggest d-bags I ever met all have this in common: they are (or were) school administrators.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:28 pm 

Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Didn't the Vegas and gay night club guy use one. I think when you're shooting fish in a barrel you're not worried about accuracy. Again I'm not advocating for banning the gun. It's too late for banning just about anything.
The Vegas shooter is really the only mass shooter where the choice of AR made sense as he was shooting from a distance. In just about every other case, handguns would make more sense due to proximity and easy of carrying into venue. You can conceal a handgun easily. You can't conceal an AR-15.

Once again, the deaths caused by all rifles are a drop in the bucket of all gun homicides in this country. The reason you rarely see homicides committed by rifles is that you cannot conceal them.

The main reason you use a rifle over a handgun is for the effective firing range. That isn't really a factor that comes into play in a mass shooting where it is typically a confined, densely packed indoor space. In such a case, a handgun is often preferable. The pistol round would in fact do more damage to an unarmored individual due to the higher caliber of the round. The higher muzzle velocity of a rifle only becomes preferable when facing a target with armor.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:30 pm 

tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

the biggest d-bags I ever met all have this in common: they are (or were) school administrators.

yeah good call. Just leave schools unarmed and getting blown up I guess.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 pm 

Honestly I don't know how an earnest teacher could enthusiastically do their jobs knowing that they're there in part to possibly be on point in a shootout.

Or how kids are to be expected to trust that teacher. Because they'd know which teachers had that thing on them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Honestly I don't know how an earnest teacher could enthusiastically do their jobs knowing that they're there in part to possibly be on point in a shootout.

Or how kids are to be expected to trust that teacher. Because they'd know which teachers had that thing on them.

Another reason why I dont think it should be a teacher.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
RFDC wrote:

yeah good call. Just leave schools unarmed and getting blown up I guess.

fukin libtards never get it. im arming my corpse when i leave this earth. that way them fukin grave robbers aint dare steal shit from my coffin.

You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:
The only places in the USA not protected with armed guards are schools. Convenience stores have better security.

This whole post is completely wrong.

Pro tip: to troll effectively there at least needs to be a hint of reality/truth.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:35 pm 

Thinking about my kid’s High School. You could ask voluntarily if teachers want to be armed—then train them. A handgun for theses volunteers that would be securely held in their classroom via a biometric safe (common, inexpensive, only fingerprints open). My kid goes to a big public school, so I’m guessing about 20, probably younger males, volunteer.

Intruders would not know who is armed and who is not. But a much larger chance to the intruder that fire is returned.

Most importantly, if there were just 5 teachers in my kid’s school that were armed and ran toward the shooter versus running away, deaths would be reduced.

If I were a teacher, I would much prefer to be armed with a simple, locked, hand gun to defend myself and my classroom.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:

Really hasn't been used in that many shootings. If limiting gun deaths is your goal you aren't giving the AR-15 a second thought.

I’m not in favor of banning AR-15’s, and if you share that opinion I’d ask that you stop lying and distorting facts and argue in good faith. You make the rest of us have a tougher argument by giving the other side easy to shred arguments. I’m sure it’s how many liberals feel about B Mac

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't think he has!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

Trying to deflect from you implying those that are different from you are less than you? Cute.

You do this whenever you get called out for saying things antithetical to your professed liberalism, like your sexism regarding women with differing political views, your slut shaming, and so on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:41 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't think he has!

It's Adidas and Omaha.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Regular Reader wrote:

Trying to deflectfrom you implying those that are different from you are less than you? Cute.

You do this whenever you get called out for saying things antithetical to your professed liberalism, like your sexism regarding women with differing political views, your slut shaming, and so on.

Inneresting choice of words...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
Thinking about my kid’s High School. You could ask voluntarily if teachers want to be armed—then train them. A handgun for theses volunteers that would be securely held in their classroom via a biometric safe (common, inexpensive, only fingerprints open). My kid goes to a big public school, so I’m guessing about 20, probably younger males, volunteer.

Intruders would not know who is armed and who is not. But a much larger chance to the intruder that fire is returned.

Most importantly, if there were just 5 teachers in my kid’s school that were armed and ran toward the shooter versus running away, deaths would be reduced.

If I were a teacher, I would much prefer to be armed with a simple, locked, hand gun to defend myself and my classroom.

But this week we've learned that this goof was shooting through walls to hit kids, through doors to hit teachers trying to save kids, and how ineffective a handgun probably would have been.

And while the safe is inexpensive in private, you'd be amazed what is budgeted for actual teaching tools in most schools.

Especially after the consultants and big textbook publishers get their slices

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Trying to deflectfrom you implying those that are different from you are less than you? Cute.

Inneresting choice of words...

The idiots on Reddit haven't given him his pithy cut and paste tools and racist memes yet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

But this week we've learned that this goof was shooting through walls to hit kids, through doors to hit teachers trying to save kids, and how ineffective a handgun probably would have been.

And while the safe is inexpensive in private, you'd be amazed what is budgeted for actual teaching tools in most schools.

If you were a teacher, would you like to have secure access to a firearm?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I am a teacher and I would not. And there are many teachers that I know that have no business having a firearm in the classroom.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
I think most teachers are more effective with arms than without.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:

No.

Arming teachers or putting guns in classrooms will lead to more injuries and deaths then they would prevent.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:51 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
I think most teachers are more effective with arms than without.

Now that's just ableist bullshit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next