It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I should mention, like many arguments here, this one seems to have devolved. The original point I wanted to make is that I see no evidence that the Muslim faith is comprised of 1 1/2 billion people who line up in support of head-chopping. By turning this into a discussion of which countries discriminate against minorities more than others maybe this means you tacitly agreed?

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
One of the greatest documents in history- the U.S. Constitution- had to specifically separate government from religion because of all the wars that Christianity created. And that great document took a Civil War, several post war amendments, further Congressional actions, and Supreme Court rulings just to give equal treatment and voting rights to women and minorities.

So it is not an easy leap to go from what has existed throughout history to where the U.S. is today.

I am currently reading the Loom of Time, which directly addresses the inability of democracy to take root in the Middle East. One big reason is that most countries there have artificial borders, so no one group is able to garner a majority to get consensus on rule. It says the only forms of government that have ever worked there is empire or monarchy.

What else separates, and has separated the majority of the Middle East from the West deni$?

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
One of the greatest documents in history- the U.S. Constitution- had to specifically separate government from religion because of all the wars that Christianity created.

The First Amendment simply states in pertinent part: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
a genius wrote:

Again, there are many non-Muslim nations where minorities do not have equal rights. MANY might say this includes the US.

That would be wrong though. In the U.S. minorities often receive special rights.

In any case, it's not a secret that Islam is incompatible with the U.S. Constitution. And there is no provision in Islam to "render unto Caesar." More like get on a winged horse and start killing infidels. And don't miss that Jew hiding behind the bush!

It's easy to shrug it off when Muslims are a small minority.

I think the jews hide behind rocks according to Mohammed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:59 am 
Site Admin

a genius wrote:
I should mention, like many arguments here, this one seems to have devolved. The original point I wanted to make is that I see no evidence that the Muslim faith is comprised of 1 1/2 billion people who line up in support of head-chopping. By turning this into a discussion of which countries discriminate against minorities more than others maybe this means you tacitly agreed?

I don't want to move the goalposts here. My head chopping comment was a wisecrack. So no, I don't think 1.5 billion Muslims support indiscriminate head-chopping.

What the vast majority of them do support are all manner of rules and philsophies that I don't believe either of us want to live under. That's as opposed to Christianity where Jesus insisted on a separation of church and state far more explicitly than the U.S. Consititution does:
Quote:
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:03 am 

How is this even an argument? Oh, I know, Up is down. I keep forgetting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:04 am 

a genius wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
So religious people are only nice to others because they view others as a creation of God?

A society of non believers may be a little chaotic.

Imagine a world where everyone simply followed all 10 of the commandments.

Well nobody does that, even Seacrest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:20 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
a genius wrote:

I don't want to move the goalposts here. My head chopping comment was a wisecrack. So no, I don't think 1.5 billion Muslims support indiscriminate head-chopping.

What the vast majority of them do support are all manner of rules and philsophies that I don't believe either of us want to live under. That's as opposed to Christianity where Jesus insisted on a separation of church and state far more explicitly than the U.S. Consititution does:
Quote:
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

My wisecrack radar wasn't working earlier; I must have thought I was arguing with Chas, who as I recall really believed this.

That's as opposed to Christianity where Jesus insisted on a separation of church and state far more explicitly than the U.S. Consititution does: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
- Agreed 100%. I wish some of our politicians would comply.

Finally:

The issue of women’s rights in Islam has been a contentious area of discussions and intense debates both in the Muslim world and in the West. The two dominant mainstream narratives have victimized Muslim women, though in different ways. On one hand, many Muslims and Muslim governments appropriate Islamic text to justify discrimination against women and to impose social and legal restrictions on women’s rights and freedoms. On the other hand, Western islamophobic neo-orientalists use these popular yet traditional misogynistic readings of Islam to support their xenophobic claims against Islam and Muslims.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:21 am 

Douchebag wrote:
a genius wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
So religious people are only nice to others because they view others as a creation of God?

Well, we are all sinners.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
One of the greatest documents in history- the U.S. Constitution- had to specifically separate government from religion because of all the wars that Christianity created. And that great document took a Civil War, several post war amendments, further Congressional actions, and Supreme Court rulings just to give equal treatment and voting rights to women and minorities.

So it is not an easy leap to go from what has existed throughout history to where the U.S. is today.

I am currently reading the Loom of Time, which directly addresses the inability of democracy to take root in the Middle East. One big reason is that most countries there have artificial borders, so no one group is able to garner a majority to get consensus on rule. It says the only forms of government that have ever worked there is empire or monarchy.

What else separates, and has separated the majority of the Middle East from the West deni$?

We know for a fact that Christian religious leaders systematically molest children and cover it up. But we do no if Muslim leaders do the same. Maybe someday we will.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:29 am 

Ad hominems don't really do it for most people but keep on keeping on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:32 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nardi wrote:
Cats and dogs living together! Left is right, and stop signs don't apply to bicycles. Its a mad mad mad mad world we're living in.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
a genius wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
a genius wrote:
why, to an athiest, is Christianity preferable to Islam?

There are many reasons. I might start with the head chopping.

As of 2022, 25.8% of the global population identified as Muslim, which is about 1.57 billion people. This makes Islam the second largest religion in the world, after Christianity.

Another stereotype. 25.8% of the world is not pro-head chopping. There are extremists in every group, including athiests.

NOT ALL MUSLIMS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
a genius wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

It’s easy if you try.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:48 am 
Site Admin

a genius wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
a genius wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Well, we are all sinners.

Yup, that's what MY Guy says too!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:

How is up not down? In many places they’re the same thing to many peoples.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:54 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

We know for a fact that Christian religious leaders systematically molest children and cover it up. But we do no if Muslim leaders do the same. Maybe someday we will.

We know about both actually.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -pederasty

Is that all?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:01 am 

Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Is that all?

Can't stop silliness. But fortunately, it all ends at the brick wall Queers For Palestine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
One of the greatest documents in history- the U.S. Constitution- had to specifically separate government from religion because of all the wars that Christianity created.

The First Amendment simply states in pertinent part: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

It never ceases to amaze how much misunderstanding there is around the 1st amendment.

Btw, it's time others start to step up.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2024/ ... l-services

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
Offer full tax exempt status to others like the Archdiocese has, and you will have MANY lining up to do so.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
It took our country hundreds of years and becoming a world leader to moderate a few things. Some European Americans struggle with the reality that their views may be minority views in some corners of the world. Different isn't always evil or bad. The Saudis were right not to allow females to drive, but Captain Kirk America strongly "encouraged" them to put females behind the wheel of a car.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Offer full tax exempt status to others like the Archdiocese has, and you will have MANY lining up to do so.

No, you won't.

Which is why other tax exempt organizations gave some of these projects back to the state before CC.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:23 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Offer charities tax exempt status?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am 

Nas wrote:
It took our country hundreds of years and becoming a world leader to moderate a few things. Some European Americans struggle with the reality that their views may be minority views in some corners of the world. Different isn't always evil or bad. The Saudis were right not to allow females to drive, but Captain Kirk America strongly "encouraged" them to put females behind the wheel of a car.

That’s not the struggle.

The struggle is why others don’t look around and realize who’s right.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Different isn't always evil or bad.

Sometimes it is though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sometimes it is though.

Some cultures are better than others.

People forget that. Nobody talks about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:34 am 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:

That’s not the struggle.

The struggle is why others don’t look around and realize who’s right.

What's right? That's the arrogance of someone who is accustomed to having a majority view. All of our views are shaped by the country and environment we were raised in. Similar to raising children, what's right is purely subjective.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:36 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sometimes it is though.

Some cultures are better than others.

Gravity is a social construction

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Is that all?

Oh cool, then they are the same but just different sides of a coin. Both have initiated endless wars, fought among their co-religions over doctrine, oppressed people of their own countries in the name of religion, abused members of their flock, accumulated wealth at the expense of believers, and used religion to advance political goals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Sometimes it is though.

Yes, but often you just prefer what's familiar. We enjoy the American way of life because it's primarily what we've been exposed to. It doesn't mean we wouldn't have a pleasant experience in a Muslim or shithole country. Americans we rescued out of Afghanistan immediately went back. That may seem insane to most people.

Trump '24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 51  Next