It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
How about legalized killing of government pensionaires once they are past the age of viability.

It creates a nice bookend to the abortion expansion, will save the state money and provide some certainty to actuarial tables.

If you are against this then tell me the number of old people you are adopting.
The huge difference here is that no old person is reliant on any single person in order to be able to live.

This question was ignored by all, but this is a perfect illustration as to the point.

A child develops a medical issue that can only be solved by a kidney transplant. The father is a match. Should the state require him to donate his kidney to his child?

This is completely untrue. There are millions of old people who need others to bath and feed them. Nursing homes exist for this reason.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No as an industry and with the vociferous support of about half the population.

I think we can start calling you a Conservative when you start using tired talking points like the abortion "industry".

The ever growing list doesn't stop there.

Yeah, believing the government shouldn't spy on its citizens is a conservative viewpoint. Your hatred of a president has turned you into an unquestioning supporter of law enforcement. Do you have the black and blue flag in your window?

I'm sorry, but coming from the author of the Seriously thread, you've forfeited the principled high ground you've long thought you've held. Most of your posts that aren't "but Hillary " are unabashedly in defense of trump while wrongly claiming some lofty notions of American ideals. Your fallback empty rants next are about spying and then your high handed counter attacks claim everything is indicative of irrational trump hatred but never an objective critique of the pitiful record.

His family and administration is unethically raking in the cash based on their positions as insiders, but crickets from you. He's separating babies from their families and putting internment camps on the borders both with no position from you. He's openly obstructing justice, but nothing from JORR. Stupid tariffs...muted JORR. Dumb tax policy and mounting debt, no position. And I could go on, just like anyone here to the center left of you or your supporters like SomeGuy and the Hawk. Telling.

We're an embarrassment on the world stage to allow him to deflect attention from the walls closing in on his criminal enterprise and we get you whining about Hillary giving a commencement address. Your guy has no clothes and the only ones oblivious to that are you and your loyal synchophants here.

That speech she gave is disgusting. You apparently stopped believing that a candidate's failure to accept election results was dangerous as soon as Donald Trump won the election.

And I'm sorry you can't deal with the fact that your fellow citizens selected a person you loathe as president. That doesn't mean that it's a good idea for you or some #RESISTANCE who believe they know better to try everything possible to remove him from office. If that's a conservative position, I'll own it. Up until Hillary Clinton lost it was something nearly every American agreed on.

Substitute #resistance for citing Twitter nobodies and esoteric philosophical arguments and you'll hopefully realize that your arguments are simply the other side of the coin you criticise.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:46 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
How about legalized killing of government pensionaires once they are past the age of viability.

It creates a nice bookend to the abortion expansion, will save the state money and provide some certainty to actuarial tables.

The huge difference here is that no old person is reliant on any single person in order to be able to live.

This question was ignored by all, but this is a perfect illustration as to the point.

A child develops a medical issue that can only be solved by a kidney transplant. The father is a match. Should the state require him to donate his kidney to his child?

This is completely untrue. There are millions of old people who need others to bath and feed them. Nursing homes exist for this reason.

"any single person". Try and read better. There are millions of old people who need the help of others to survive. There are no old people who need the help of only one person who exists on the planet to survive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:49 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And sometimes it is a single family member that does this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Regular Reader wrote:
Substitute #resistance for citing Twitter nobodies and esoteric philosophical arguments and you'll hopefully realize that your arguments are simply the other side of the coin you criticise.

That's silly. There was a march against this president before he even took office. You worry about "Nazis" but there were 10,000 times more people #RESISTING than there are Nazis in the entire country.

You've fantasized a list of crimes you believe Trump is committing based on nothing more than your own political opposition. Crimes that were NEVER mentioned before he defeated Hillary Clinton in a fair election. That is his main crime. I hope no one ever fantasizes and attributes a list of crimes to you sans evidence.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Of course. However, if that person was abducted by aliens another person could step in to keep that person alive. As WFR pointed out, nursing homes exist for this reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

"any single person". Try and read better. There are millions of old people who need the help of others to survive. There are no old people who need the help of only one person who exists on the planet to survive.

:lol: You are completely full of shit.

It's not "any single person". Even that is debatable. I am certain there are many cases where specific caregivers are the reason why people are still alive. past their "usefulness" as productive workers.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
There's a few posters who have passed their usefulness.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58 am 

You simply didn't comprehend. It's ok.

It's not "any single person". Even that is debatable. I am certain there are many cases where specific caregivers are the reason why people are still alive. past their "usefulness" as productive workers.
I don't know what this means but it is clear you don't understand the major difference here so I will be as descriptive as possible.

There is a time from conception to birth, in which the fetus is only capable of survival based on the continued support from one specific person in the whole world. There isn't a single other person who could keep them alive. You can't have another family member do it. You can't have a worker do it. You can't have a business do it. You can't have a church do it.

With every old person that exists no matter how dependent they are on another person, this is not the case. The caretaker could leave the nursing home and simply be replaced by another caretaker. The family member that is taking care of them could move out of the country and another family member or a paid worker could take care of them. In the worst case scenario, the federal government can step in to make sure the person is still taken care of enough through Medicare or other social service programs.

I hope you now understand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Of course. However, if that person was abducted by aliens another person could step in to keep that person alive. As WFR pointed out, nursing homes exist for this reason.

why should these freeloaders have any expectation of assistance. If they can't care for themselves and can't pay for themselves, then they had better die and decrease the surplus population.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

why should these freeloaders have any expectation of assistance. If they can't care for themselves and can't pay for themselves, then they had better die and decrease the surplus population.
That is certainly one way to look at it, but it still doesn't change the major difference between your proposal and abortion prior to the age of viability.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You simply didn't comprehend. It's ok.

I don't know what this means but it is clear you don't understand the major difference here so I will be as descriptive as possible.

There is a time from conception to birth, in which the fetus is only capable of survival based on the continued support from one specific person in the whole world. There isn't a single other person who could keep them alive. You can't have another family member do it. You can't have a worker do it. You can't have a business do it. You can't have a church do it.

With every old person that exists no matter how dependent they are on another person, this is not the case. The caretaker could leave the nursing home and simply be replaced by another caretaker. The family member that is taking care of them could move out of the country and another family member or a paid worker could take care of them. In the worst case scenario, the federal government can step in to make sure the person is still taken care of enough through Medicare or other social service programs.

I hope you now understand.

You are just being an obtuse, passive aggressive dick. The original point was valid, by you decided to say it's not because of the definition of "any".

You could implant a fertilized embryo into any female with a working reproductive system. So the mother could just be replaced.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:11 am 

You are just being an obtuse, passive aggressive dick. The original point was valid, by you decided to say it's not because of the definition of "any".
Yeah, the whole mistake of using the definition of words on points that I was making. "any single person" is completely clear and yet you are calling me names.

You could implant a fertilized embryo into any female with a working reproductive system. So the mother could just be replaced.
I believe the issue is the removal from the mother who doesn't want to continue the pregnancy but I would fully support this as a free service instead of an abortion. I believe all the implanting of a fertilized embryo so far has been done in a lab.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I believe all the implanting of a fertilized embryo so far has been done in a lab.

They do it with horses all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:25 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

They did pay into pension plans for years to support themselves in these instances.

We are going to have to shoot them instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

That's silly. There was a march against this president before he even took office. You worry about "Nazis" but there were 10,000 times more people #RESISTING than there are Nazis in the entire country.

You've fantasized a list of crimes you believe Trump is committing based on nothing more than your own political opposition. Crimes that were NEVER mentioned before he defeated Hillary Clinton in a fair election. That is his main crime. I hope no one ever fantasizes and attributes a list of crimes to you sans evidence.

It's interesting when people make up their own realities and refuse to leave the bubble.

Remember when the NAZI's were numbering in the millions and on the march? Remember when the KKK was the largest organized group in the United States, they were everywhere! Millions of them!

The reality was that the Sturmabteilung was Antifa and "The Resistance" using wanton acts of violence against people they disagreed with or who dare to wear red hats in public.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Yeah, the whole mistake of using the definition of words on points that I was making. "any single person" is completely clear and yet you are calling me names.

I believe the issue is the removal from the mother who doesn't want to continue the pregnancy but I would fully support this as a free service instead of an abortion. I believe all the implanting of a fertilized embryo so far has been done in a lab.

Saying "You simply didn't comprehend. It's ok." Wasn't meant to be passive aggressive? Sure.

The original point remains valid. If it's an inconvenience to the mother to carry a child for 9 months, and she deserves abortion rights, why should family or the state be morally obligated to care for the elderly? It's trying to obfuscate the issue by saying any one person vs. others can fill. This is more a discussion of the morality of the decisions than the details of the practice anyway.

Saying that giving birth damages the body, and risks potential injury, well there are plenty of risks in injury or illness taking care of an adult who cannot take care of themselves. And it's certainly inconveniences the family. Hard to live your best life while pregnant or caring for a sick parent.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I believe all the implanting of a fertilized embryo so far has been done in a lab.

Well, we've solved the abortion issue. Just allow any woman to give up her fertilized embryo to someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:33 am 

Saying "You simply didn't comprehend. It's ok." Wasn't meant to be passive aggressive? Sure.
Well, you admittedly didn't comprehend what "any" meant in that context.

The original point remains valid. If it's an inconvenience to the mother to carry a child for 9 months, and she deserves abortion rights, why should family or the state be morally obligated to care for the elderly? It's trying to obfuscate the issue by saying any one person vs. others can fill. This is more a discussion of the morality of the decisions than the details of the practice anyway.
The family is not obligated to care for the elderly.

As Seacrest pointed out, Medicare covers the costs because they paid into the system for years in almost all cases.

Though, a case could be made that the state really doesn't need to keep alive those who cannot afford to stay alive but that would be a different discussion.

Saying that giving birth damages the body, and risks potential injury, well there are plenty of risks in injury or illness taking care of an adult who cannot take care of themselves. And it's certainly inconveniences the family. Hard to live your best life while pregnant or caring for a sick parent.
Which is why any family member can walk away from an elderly relative and be free and clear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Seacrest wrote:
They did pay into pension plans for years to support themselves in these instances.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

As Seacrest pointed out, Medicare covers the costs because they paid into the system for years in almost all cases.

Though, a case could be made that the state really doesn't need to keep alive those who cannot afford to stay alive but that would be a different discussion.

Which is why any family member can walk away from an elderly relative and be free and clear.

I never once mentioned Medicare.

I understand it is often helpful to quote what i post here in order to make reasoned and well thought out responses. So I just ask that you quote me accurately.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:41 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Disagreement doesn't mean a failure to understand.

This is a philosophical question. What are the justifications for allowing a mother to kill her child? It's an inconvenience to the mother seems to be the actual answer. If that is the standard why are the elderly not just liquidated. They are an "inconvenience" to society.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:45 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I never once mentioned Medicare.

I understand it is often helpful to quote what i post here in order to make reasoned and well thought out responses. So I just ask that you quote me accurately.

Thank you.
My mistake. I hope it doesn't tarnish your legacy here. You said pension plans, which Medicare is a very similar but not exact system. Boilermaker Rick regrets the error.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I don't have a pension plan. :cry:

Counting down my days on earth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:49 am 

Disagreement doesn't mean a failure to understand.
No, you literally did not understand what I was saying with "any single person" which is why you had to point out I was using the definition of "any"

This is a philosophical question. What are the justifications for allowing a mother to kill her child? It's an inconvenience to the mother seems to be the actual answer. If that is the standard why are the elderly not just liquidated. They are an "inconvenience" to society.
It is because ultimately she gets to choose what she does with her body just like we don't force a father to donate a kidney to a child or we don't force a child to take care of his elderly parent and why we let a mother give up her child for adoption and have no legal responsibility to them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:50 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

I actually made a better point than Seacrest when misquoting him, and for that I do apologize.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Hatchetman wrote:

I am thinking 68 is probably a nice spot to shed this mortal coil. When FDR started social security, the average life expectancy in the US was like 68.

Get everything in now.

Sorry, The Hawk. And maybe Walt.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Bringing up Nazis is completely irrelevant and imo belies the weakness of your protestations.

I've detailed here and in person with you dozens of such instances, certainly involving money laundering. Even Seacrest has accepted that. Mueller detailed 10 instances of clear obstruction of justice. Even honest republicans acknowledge that.

I and countless others correctly anticipated that the WH would turn into a giant cash register for many around him. (See: Kushner's loans, his & Ivanka reported income of $82-86M last year(?!?), loans, patents, etc., trump's unacounted for $50MM from the Inaugural slush fund, $100MM in golf fees at trump owned clubs where people are paying for connections, trump DC & untold millions paid there for obvious attempts at influence,Tom Price, Elaine Chao, etc..) The parade/protests were inevitable against arguably one of the worst, most divisive actors in American political history. Even when you were running around ridiculously saying the guy WASN'T A POLITICIAN. And wanting "fairness" for him, but never a care for the thousands he defrauded and hurt.

Face it, the guy is an obvious malignant narcissist, a crappy businessman, draft dodger, a known grifter/liar, amoral and as bigoted if not just as racist as the bulk of his early supporters. And he's been a bigger embarrassment as president. This was known to you & I when he first announced his run. And yet you persist with conflating #resistance to only sour grapes over Hillary. Silly.

I won't even engage in the "fair" election, as I don't believe the word has any residual meaning. Especially where trump and his russian patrons are involved.

And you have to remember I've been wrongly identified as a criminal defendant in open court twice, twice had a cop pull a gun on me after walking/driving while Black so the fantasized sans evidence by law enforcement part is more than covered in my past. So your warnings about the trump standard being applied has no real world meaning when they've already become common official pattern and practice. Which I've never heard you talk about as vociferously. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Bringing up Nazis is completely irrelevant and imo belies the weakness of your protestations.

The point is that the #RESISTANCE isn't just a few lunatics on Twitter. It's a huge group of butthurt Hillary Clinton supporters who haven't accepted the election results, the very thing she warned was VERY DANGEROUS to the Republic and which she now indulges in 24/7 and at commencement addresses. S

Regular Reader wrote:
I've detailed here and in person with you dozens of such instances, certainly involving money laundering. Even Seacrest has accepted that. Mueller detailed 10 instances of clear obstruction of justice. Even honest republicans acknowledge that.

You have no idea about money laundering. You're making an assumption because of the size and nature of his business concerns. I would guess you may be right. But the point is these crimes were NEVER raised until he won an election. So obviously this isn't about money laundering at all. It's about negating the will of the people. (And making sure that there will never again be a president coming from outside the traditional "farm system", i.e. career politicians, NOT businessmen).

Regular Reader wrote:
I and countless others correctly anticipated that the WH would turn into a giant cash register for many around him. (See: Kushner's loans, his & Ivanka reported income of $82-86M last year(?!?), loans, patents, etc., trump's unacounted for $50MM from the Inaugural slush fund, $100MM in golf fees at trump owned clubs where people are paying for connections, trump DC & untold millions paid there for obvious attempts at influence,Tom Price, Elaine Chao, etc..) The parade/protests were inevitable against arguably one of the worst, most divisive actors in American political history. Even when you were running around ridiculously saying the guy WASN'T A POLITICIAN. And wanting "fairness" for him, but never a care for the thousands he defrauded and hurt.

And you were wrong. The presidency has harmed his business rather than helped it. Anyway, this is a phony concern. People like Obama and Clinton never had a job earning more than $200,000 a year in their lives yet here they are, multi-millionaires. You never once worried about them using the presidency to "enrich themselves".

Regular Reader wrote:
Face it, the guy is an obvious malignant narcissist, a crappy businessman, draft dodger, a known grifter/liar, amoral and as bigoted if not just as racist as the bulk of his early supporters. And he's been a bigger embarrassment as president. This was known to you & I when he first announced his run. And yet you persist with conflating #resistance to only sour grapes over Hillary. Silly.

I agree with some of those characterizations. The draft dodger stuff is silly. Three of the last four presidents have been "draft dodgers" and the other two in ways far more underhanded than Trump. Whatever, I'm sure you're not suddenly pro-Vietnam War just because Donald Trump managed to get out of going to it. It's just disingenuous. Ali was a hero for dodging the draft. Trump is a "piece of shit" for same. Just stop. And I don't think he's been an embarrassment as president, unless you find a roaring economy and minimal unemployment "embarrassing".

Regular Reader wrote:
I won't even engage in the "fair" election, as I don't believe the word has any residual meaning. Especially where trump and his russian patrons are involved.

Now this again. The Mueller report is everything. Until it isn't. Just silly.

Regular Reader wrote:
And you have to remember I've been wrongly identified as a criminal defendant in open court twice, twice had a cop pull a gun on me after walking/driving while Black so the fantasized sans evidence by law enforcement part is more than covered in my past. So your warnings about the trump standard being applied has no real world meaning when they've already become common official pattern and practice. Which I've never heard you talk about as vociferously. :)

Which is exactly why I am so flummoxed by your sudden faith and trust in law enforcement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next