It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think I could survive in the woods. It's not something I think would be fun though.

Anyway, I'm not anti-government, like some crazy Libertarian going on about roads and sidewalks. But when government workers are enjoying perks and privileges that those who provide the funds for them are not, you're heading down a bad path. That isn't sustainable.

I hear you, but I don't find a random day off to be some great perk. Besides, if we look hard enough, we could find something that others "enjoy" that we think we should.

We revere police and firemen. Few people would consider them government. Most police never fire a weapon in a 20+ year career, and most firefighters never have to go inside a burning building. They're great gigs to have. They also get far more perks than we do in addition to our tax dollars. I have no problem with it.

I don't revere cops or firefighters. It's a job. And in Chicago a well-paying one with an absurd pension that few get in the private sector. I'm not resentful. Get what you can get. But at some point people won't/can't pay for it. It's not sustainable. Then what?

And I don't think government workers should be unionized. You want to be a PUBLIC SERVANT, be one. You want to serve yourself, get a private job and contribute taxes rather than consuming them.

They're services that we gladly pay for to live in a first world country. With an aging and plateauing population, we'll have to modify many things. #ThanksBoomers

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Turns out Indigenous people deserved to be wiped out because they weren't always nice to one another!

I knew someone here could come up with a solid justification for genocide if they tried. :cheers:

Hate to blow your mind, but humans have been pushing each other off land and stealing each other's resources for thousands of years and the Indigenous People completely wiped out the Neanderthal's, what's happened in the past few hundred years is not exactly out of the ordinary.

Are you sure about this?

The rapidly expanding DNA data is quite interesting, Native Americans have much higher numbers of Neanderthal DNA than Europeans or Africans.

One could certainly speculate with at least someone certainty that the ancestors of the Native Americans intermingled with Neanderthals and eventually wiped them out due to possessing a more evolved brain which allowed for the development of better tools.

New DNA findings are certainly throwing many of the traditionally accepted migration patterns into question.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Amusing myself imagining JORR trying to figure out how to place an exacta box bet via smoke signal as he lives off the grid in the woods.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Amusing myself imagining JORR trying to figure out how to place an exacta box bet via smoke signal as he lives off the grid in the woods.

I never box exactas!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I never box exactas!

You will if you don’t learn how to send proper smoke signals

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Turns out Indigenous people deserved to be wiped out because they weren't always nice to one another!

I knew someone here could come up with a solid justification for genocide if they tried. :cheers:

Hate to blow your mind, but humans have been pushing each other off land and stealing each other's resources for thousands of years and the Indigenous People completely wiped out the Neanderthal's, what's happened in the past few hundred years is not exactly out of the ordinary.

Are you sure about this?

The rapidly expanding DNA data is quite interesting, Native Americans have much higher numbers of Neanderthal DNA than Europeans or Africans.

One could certainly speculate with at least someone certainty that the ancestors of the Native Americans intermingled with Neanderthals and eventually wiped them out due to possessing a more evolved brain which allowed for the development of better tools.

New DNA findings are certainly throwing many of the traditionally accepted migration patterns into question.

So what you are saying is there is absolutely no evidence that Native Americans caused a human specie to go extinct 30,000+ years ago?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Are you sure about this?

So what you are saying is there is absolutely no evidence that Native Americans caused a human specie to go extinct 30,000+ years ago?

C'mon Nas, your better than that, surely a man of your ilk can apply a bit of critical thinking here and figure out what happened.

Then again, am told frequently that I tend to overestimate people's abilities, so maybe not?

Maybe this will help, one group is established in an area, let's call them Native Americans, then another group with far superior technology enters the area, we can call them hmm... let's just use Europeans. The new group quickly wipes out the older group because they have not only superior weaponry, but have developed immunity to certain diseases the native group has not, spread diseases which wipe out entire populations.

This is likely what happened, and what has happened throughout human history, and what will continue to happen as long as some form of the human race populates this planet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Are you sure about this?

C'mon Nas, your better than that, surely a man of your ilk can apply a bit of critical thinking here and figure out what happened.

Then again, am told frequently that I tend to overestimate people's abilities, so maybe not?

Maybe this will help, one group is established in an area, let's call them Native Americans, then another group with far superior technology enters the area, we can call them hmm... let's just use Europeans. The new group quickly wipes out the older group because they have not only superior weaponry, but have developed immunity to certain diseases the native group has not, spread diseases which wipe out entire populations.

This is likely what happened, and what has happened throughout human history, and what will continue to happen as long as some form of the human race populates this planet.

This is likely what happened? Based on what? Neanderthals never living in North America? What happened to neanderthals everywhere else in the world? What group of people slaughtered other species of humans into extinction? Native Americans?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
This is likely what happened? Based on what? What happened to neanderthals everywhere else in the world? What group of people slaughtered other species of humans into extinction? Native Americans?

Homo sapiens is all that's left. Native Americans are homo sapiens. And homo sapiens wiped out neanderthals and denisovans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
This is likely what happened? Based on what? What happened to neanderthals everywhere else in the world? What group of people slaughtered other species of humans into extinction? Native Americans?

Homo sapiens is all that's left. Native Americans are homo sapiens. And homo sapiens wiped out neanderthals and denisovans.

Natural selection. No evidence Neanderthals ever migrated here.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

Natural selection. No evidence Neanderthals ever migrated here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Old face and a young body.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
No evidence Neanderthals ever migrated here.
Check the politics and Covid section and see if you're still saying this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6