It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 189  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
About a month ago I received a check in the mail for 17.09 for some class action lawsuit related to a baby stroller I had bought for my child 15 years ago. I knew nothing of the lawsuit, but who am I to complain about found money. The check stated that it had to be deposited before March 13. I tried depositing it using my bank's iPhone app but it wouldn't take. So I dropped by the bank a few days later (around March 1) and made the deposit with a teller with no problem.

Yesterday I received notice from my bank that the check was returned (bounced), so they debited me the 17.09, plus a $5 fee for the returned check. I sent an e-mail to the claims administrator asking how to get a replacement check, and they responded that "because all checks issued in connection with the Baby Products Antitrust Settlement became void on March 13, we are unable to honor your request to reissue your check."

So I guess I'm out the 17.09 AND the 5.00 bank fee. Nice!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:39 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
About a month ago I received a check in the mail for 17.09 for some class action lawsuit related to a baby stroller I had bought for my child 15 years ago. I knew nothing of the lawsuit, but who am I to complain about found money. The check stated that it had to be deposited before March 13. I tried depositing it using my bank's iPhone app but it wouldn't take. So I dropped by the bank a few days later (around March 1) and made the deposit with a teller with no problem.

Yesterday I received notice from my bank that the check was returned (bounced), so they debited me the 17.09, plus a $5 fee for the returned check. I sent an e-mail to the claims administrator asking how to get a replacement check, and they responded that "because all checks issued in connection with the Baby Products Antitrust Settlement became void on March 13, we are unable to honor your request to reissue your check."

Start another class action lawsuit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Douchebag wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Start another class action lawsuit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
My wife and I had plans to go out to dinner on Saturday night with two other couples. I was going to be coming straight from Arlington Park and the Rebel didn't go off until 6:09 p.m. so my time was going to be tight. I was wearing a pullover workout shirt that my wife had given me. The shirt is nice enough that I never used it for working out. You'll have to trust me when I say that I didn't look like I was heading for the gym. I certainly didn't look like a bum. Anyway, she said to me, "You're not going to wear that to dinner, are you?" When I said I planned to, she started giving me shit. I told her I would be dressed better than the other two guys in this shirt. She disagreed. So I acquiesced and when I got home I put on a collared shirt and a sport coat. Fine. It wasn't worth arguing about.

When we got to the restaurant I smiled to myself. Both guys were dressed no better than I was when I was wearing the shirt I had on in the morning. Once guy had on a sweater that was the same level as my workout shirt and the other guy was wearing a construction vest. A fuckin' construction vest!

I expected my wife to say, "Okay, you were right." But she did not. In fact, she started defending the construction vest saying it was "nice". I was drunk as hell when we got in the Uber and I must have said "construction vest" a bunch of times because my wife finally said, "If you say "construction vest" one more time I'm gonna whack you upside your head. In the interest of family harmony I let it go. I'm sure Jennice the Uber driver got a big kick out of the conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I saw a grown man wearing bike shorts in Olive Garden a couple weeks ago. I was enraged. How is that acceptable?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I saw a grown man wearing bike shorts in Olive Garden a couple weeks ago. I was enraged. How is that acceptable?

Was he wearing a sport coat?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:24 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Was he wearing a sport coat?

Here is what pisses me off..first off I hate OG but it keeps the wife happy so whatever..my son (9) was wearing basketball shorts and I make him put on some jeans before going..and here is this grown ass man walking in there like some Greg Lamomd looking burrito. Where is the decency in this society?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Was it like this kind of vest JORR?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:30 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
When we got to the restaurant I smiled to myself. Both guys were dressed no better than I was when I was wearing the shirt I had on in the morning. Once guy had on a sweater that was the same level as my workout shirt and the other guy was wearing a construction vest. A fuckin' construction vest!
So what were the other three Village People up to that they could not join you?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
can we get more info on the construction vest?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:40 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hatchetman wrote:

It was actually, more of a ski vest, I guess. But it was yellowish orange. Hey, I wasn't trying to dog the guy's vest. I just wanted my wife to acknowledge that my pullover was no less appropriate for the occasion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

It was actually, more of a ski vest, I guess. But it was yellowish orange. Hey, I wasn't trying to dog the guy's vest. I just wanted my wife to acknowledge that my pullover was no less appropriate for the occasion.

I think you have to let us know the restaurant before we can make an official ruling.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
My wife and I had plans to go out to dinner on Saturday night with two other couples. I was going to be coming straight from Arlington Park and the Rebel didn't go off until 6:09 p.m. so my time was going to be tight. I was wearing a pullover workout shirt that my wife had given me. The shirt is nice enough that I never used it for working out. You'll have to trust me when I say that I didn't look like I was heading for the gym. I certainly didn't look like a bum. Anyway, she said to me, "You're not going to wear that to dinner, are you?" When I said I planned to, she started giving me shit. I told her I would be dressed better than the other two guys in this shirt. She disagreed. So I acquiesced and when I got home I put on a collared shirt and a sport coat. Fine. It wasn't worth arguing about.

I expected my wife to say, "Okay, you were right." But she did not. In fact, she started defending the construction vest saying it was "nice". I was drunk as hell when we got in the Uber and I must have said "construction vest" a bunch of times because my wife finally said, "If you say "construction vest" one more time I'm gonna whack you upside your head. In the interest of family harmony I let it go. I'm sure Jennice the Uber driver got a big kick out of the conversation.

Well at least you didn't log on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Caller Bob wrote:

My wife and I went to an Olive Garden a year or so ago in the summer. Don't exactly know why since there are so many better options but anyways, we were there. I was getting so annoyed by the overall sloppiness of the customers. The Olive Garden is no 5-star restaurant but don't you at least wear a collared shirt? Multiple women had on either sweats or workout pants. A guy was wearing a tank top. WTF?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Caller Bob wrote:

I agree, grown men going to an Olive Garden isn't acceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
JORR's pimp hand is weakening.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
DAC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

My wife and I went to an Olive Garden a year or so ago in the summer. Don't exactly know why since there are so many better options but anyways, we were there. I was getting so annoyed by the overall sloppiness of the customers. The Olive Garden is no 5-star restaurant but don't you at least wear a collared shirt? Multiple women had on either sweats or workout pants. A guy was wearing a tank top. WTF?

A t-shirt is acceptable there.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
JORR's pimp hand is weakening.

He wears the jacket.. she wears the pants.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Olive Garden has more trashier people than Wal-Mart. The Dundee Olive Garden looks like the underground city scene in Demolition Man.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
DAC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

8 of the 10 fattest fucks I've ever seen have been at an Olive Garden. And most are in sweatpants, tanktops or basketball jerseys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
DAC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

A collared shirt at Olive Garden??

That would make Outback or Longhorn a suit and tie establishment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Nas wrote:
DAC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

A t-shirt is acceptable there.

Not for me. Adults should dress with a little more class.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
DAC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

A collared shirt at Olive Garden??

That would make Outback or Longhorn a suit and tie establishment.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
SuperMario wrote:
Olive Garden has more trashier people than Wal-Mart. The Dundee Olive Garden looks like the underground city scene in Demolition Man.

Us Dundee folk prefer that you refer to that Olive Garden as being in Carpentersville. I hear the La Fitness has a real classy crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Caller Bob wrote:

The ones where there is a cushion in the seat to protect your gooch but it looks like either you're wearing a diaper or shit yourself?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 pm 

I don't know what's more sad. Admitting you went to Olive Garden or looking down on someone else for their actions at Olive Garden. I get it's not the Golden Corral or the trash can at Dunkin Donuts but know your surroundings.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't know what's more sad. Admitting you went to Olive Garden or looking down on someone else for their actions at Olive Garden. I get it's not the Golden Corral or the trash can at Dunkin Donuts but know your surroundings.

The OG is definitely a step above the likes of red lobster or chili's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I haven't had OG since they stopped serving meals out of a bag made in a factory so I'll defer to your knowledge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Darden owns OG and used to own Red Lobster. Same cookie cutter crappy chains.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 189  Next