It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
long time guy wrote:
In the end everyone will lose.

That's about the size of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
long time guy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
This will only increase the level of antipathy. Unfortunately this will be celebrated in certain areas. Others will use it as a justification for police actions. In the end everyone will lose.

Completely agree.

And then it'll go on the back burner to be vaguely referenced when the next awful thing happens.

For example ... does anyone remember Walter Scott? Have you thought about him prior to reading his name just now? I'm guessing not ... I had to be reminded too.

I hope that this won't be politicized.

I hope I shit gold doubloons.

I think we're both going to be disappointed in the morning.

A fourth cop may be dead now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:57 pm 

The aforementioned fella in green Kevlar and grey camo pants apparently was just a guy that was there ... NO suspects are in custody.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 pm 

News Conference has begun.

Decent feed via Phoenix ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3mq5hrUDoYo

Chief ends with "Call 911. We'll bring the justice."

Well that's just fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Texas only went open carry January 1st; which is weird, cuz places like Wisco/Michigan have always been open carry. How else are you supposed to carry a gun.

Don Tiny wrote:
This is possibly another of the gunmen from earlier today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I'm sorry for this position but you cannot abuse the citizens of this country to the extent that the police have been abusing us and particularly the minority communities and not expect a serious backlash. You cannot reason with the police as the establishment has canonized the police and military over the last 15 years specifically. We're being programmed to worship the police and the military to an extent that is uncomfortable for an average citizen such as myself and I can only imagine more so for minorities that have a grand 200 plus year history of being abused by these forces.

I've told you the story of the enthusiastic stormtrooper that popped in my DW, Boyd and myself in my very own backyard swinging his badge around and lying his ass off to us about what he thought was his rights until we challenged him with our knowledge of our rights. Had we not been acutely aware of our rights or God forbid brown in McHenry that situation might have ended differently. If I were black, that cop would have beaten me for what I said to him.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Did I hear right that Dallas Police believe the suspects planted a bomb?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:06 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

If that's true then there's more than those two suspects they have pictures of

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:11 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I think it's just suspicion but the feds are on the scene helping with a 'thorough search'.

In regards to those two pics of that guy getting heavy circulation ... I sure hope that gambit doesn't bite them in the ass (i.e., it could just be a guy, not one of THE guys).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Darkside wrote:
I'm sorry for this position but you cannot abuse the citizens of this country to the extent that the police have been abusing us and particularly the minority communities and not expect a serious backlash. You cannot reason with the police as the establishment has canonized the police and military over the last 15 years specifically. We're being programmed to worship the police and the military to an extent that is uncomfortable for an average citizen such as myself and I can only imagine more so for minorities that have a grand 200 plus year history of being abused by these forces.

I've told you the story of the enthusiastic stormtrooper that popped in my DW, Boyd and myself in my very own backyard swinging his badge around and lying his ass off to us about what he thought was his rights until we challenged him with our knowledge of our rights. Had we not been acutely aware of our rights or God forbid brown in McHenry that situation might have ended differently. If I were black, that cop would have beaten me for what I said to him.

It is strange how MANY try to mythologize the police. They do a lot of good, and are a necessary part of civilized society. The bad they do tho, it can ruin lives, families, and communities.

And Darkside, if you were alone and popping off to that cop I don't think your race would have mattered. If you were black tho, he may have shot you depending on what you said.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:17 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I think it's just suspicion but the feds are on the scene helping with a 'thorough search'.

In regards to those two pics of that guy getting heavy circulation ... I sure hope that gambit doesn't bite them in the ass (i.e., it could just be a guy, not one of THE guys).

By now, all available law enforcement has been called in. Feds, ATF, State troopers.

Have they described what the shooters arsenal consisted of?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:18 pm 

open carry dude's brother saying his brother with the AR isn't one of the gunmen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
This will only increase the level of antipathy. Unfortunately this will be celebrated in certain areas. Others will use it as a justification for police actions. In the end everyone will lose.

Completely agree.

And then it'll go on the back burner to be vaguely referenced when the next awful thing happens.

For example ... does anyone remember Walter Scott? Have you thought about him prior to reading his name just now? I'm guessing not ... I had to be reminded too.

I hope that this won't be politicized.

I think you know better. The guns crowd and the Blue Lives crowd will be out in full force.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:19 pm 

Hussra wrote:
open carry dude's brother saying his brother with the AR isn't one of the gunmen.

Ayup.

Nothing like ham-handedly fist-fucking an already terrible situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
I am the proud owner of two guns in my native state, shotguns for bird hunting. I had a discussion over the weekend about selling them, and if ever I chose to take up bird hunting again, I would simply purchase a new gun. Fatha was of the opinion that I was out of touch, and that I may not be able to purchase weapons in the future. I pointed out that when Obama was elected 8 years ago, more guns were sold in the first two months of his presidency because of this same fear. Nothing had changed and we all could joyfully go out and purchase any weapon we so choose. I felt a shotgun was a weapon that could be considered a true sportsmans gun and always bought and sold. I doubted his point was valid. I am now curious if acts like today may sway public fervor in a different direction. Reading Reason (if I misunderstood I retract your moniker in full), it is not just minorities that feel an overzealous hand on the peoples' backs. I don't know how this affects gun control. I hope it has some impact. I fear it will be because of the perpetrator's color and not because of the underlining agitation many feel at this time.

Sidebar, love to see Trump step in it and call for no gun sales to people on the no fly list, them Arabs and African Americans. He may just do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:20 pm 

I vacillate between rage and despair.

But really I am just fucking tired.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

It sounds like these guys were trained. Probably ex military

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:23 pm 

Nas wrote:

Chickens coming home to roost if so. God damned again. And again, and again...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:23 pm 

Bills, that cop was well outside of his rights in coming onto my property and making accusations. We were committing no crimes. He was walking right into my backyard shining his flashlight into our faces with the intent of blinding us. He was an armed man actively attempting to prevent us from seeing his actions accusing us of petty crimes. I told him he needed to leave unless he had a warrant. I was not exactly "popping off" to him, per second, but I made it very clear I didn't want him on my property without a warrant or probably cause. He tried to tell me, standing near the center of my yard, that he was on easement, property owned by the township. I told him I know precisely were my easement is and ends and he was unwelcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:24 pm 

if the brother who called in is being straight with them, and his brother handed the AR he was open-carrying over to the police once shooting broke out, it's likely the police are holding his brother and the brother's gun til things get sorted out. but that's not at all clear.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:26 pm 

This appears to basically be proof that the guy they said was a suspect is clearly not a suspect ... he's seen walking around just looking around like everyone else ... https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/751235726990143488/pu/vid/1280x720/BRVZmWbCky4tzhYS.mp4 ... like around 17 seconds there he is.

Last edited by Don Tiny on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:26 pm 

Nas wrote:

I got to disagree with that. Not trained by military. In my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 pm 

Nas wrote:

so far, zero "collateral damage"/civilians shot. they hit exactly who they were aiming for and did so under fire. very well-trained.

1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Chickens coming home to roost if so. God damned again. And again, and again...

Reverend Wright, is that you?

Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

Military wouldn't be as precise and careful about who they took out?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:30 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

Honestly I think a military trained shooter would have more kills, specifically from a sniper nest. That sounds brutal but that's what I feel on first impressions.
Also I would wager military would be more pro law enforcement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:31 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Bills, that cop was well outside of his rights in coming onto my property and making accusations. We were committing no crimes. He was walking right into my backyard shining his flashlight into our faces with the intent of blinding us. He was an armed man actively attempting to prevent us from seeing his actions accusing us of petty crimes. I told him he needed to leave unless he had a warrant. I was not exactly "popping off" to him, per second, but I made it very clear I didn't want him on my property without a warrant or probably cause. He tried to tell me, standing near the center of my yard, that he was on easement, property owned by the township. I told him I know precisely were my easement is and ends and he was unwelcome.

Wow, fucking super pig. If you didn't know your rights that situation could have gone very bad.

The mental aptitude of a lot of these cops isn't nearly as high as it needs to be for the position of authority they are placed in.

Was it a McHenry County Sheriff? I've heard they aren't the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Darkside wrote:

What a jag. What was he accusing you of? (Sorry....I tried looking for that thread....)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:32 pm 

That guy has apparently turned himself in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

Honestly I think a military trained shooter would have more kills, specifically from a sniper nest. That sounds brutal but that's what I feel on first impressions.
Also I would wager military would be more pro law enforcement.

They appeared to be very patient and precise. I don't think they are amateurs.

Trump '24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next