It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Bringing up Nazis is completely irrelevant and imo belies the weakness of your protestations.

The point is that the #RESISTANCE isn't just a few lunatics on Twitter. It's a huge group of butthurt Hillary Clinton supporters who haven't accepted the election results, the very thing she warned was VERY DANGEROUS to the Republic and which she now indulges in 24/7 and at commencement addresses. S

Nah. It's mostly people on Twitter and people online with a lot of time on their hands. I promise you don't see much RESISTING in your day to day life :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Bringing up Nazis is completely irrelevant and imo belies the weakness of your protestations.

The point is that the #RESISTANCE isn't just a few lunatics on Twitter. It's a huge group of butthurt Hillary Clinton supporters who haven't accepted the election results, the very thing she warned was VERY DANGEROUS to the Republic and which she now indulges in 24/7 and at commencement addresses. S

Nah. It's mostly people on Twitter and people online with a lot of time on their hands. I promise you don't see much RESISTING in your day to day life :lol:

Yeah, you're right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:29 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Yeah, you're right.

You see that in your day to day life?

I know I'm right 8)

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hatchetman wrote:
I don't have a pension plan. :cry:

Counting down my days on earth.

Hang in there.

Hope is a good thing.

And they may personalized nuclear devices by the time you reach 70.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Consumption keeps the "kick the can down the road" economy and government revenues flowing.

When you boil it down, consumption- the idea that a human being is nothing more than the big screens and SUVs he can purchase- is the core of the neoliberal philosophy that is so reviled by such disparate political thinkers as Tall Midget and America.

The government cannot stop themselves from accepting revenue in any form, even to the detriment of themselves or the people they take an oath to protect. At this point, the deficit doesn't really mean anything. What's important is keeping the paper moving through the system.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Disagreement doesn't mean a failure to understand.
No, you literally did not understand what I was saying with "any single person" which is why you had to point out I was using the definition of "any"

This is a philosophical question. What are the justifications for allowing a mother to kill her child? It's an inconvenience to the mother seems to be the actual answer. If that is the standard why are the elderly not just liquidated. They are an "inconvenience" to society.
It is because ultimately she gets to choose what she does with her body just like we don't force a father to donate a kidney to a child or we don't force a child to take care of his elderly parent and why we let a mother give up her child for adoption and have no legal responsibility to them.

I disagree with your premise. I believe there is a moral equivalent that should not be dismissed because of your use of "any."

Choose what I get to do with my body is intensionally vague. I don't get to "choose what to do with my body" nearly everyday. I have to sit in traffic and breath in exhaust. I have to sit at a desk, and stare at a computer screen to make a living. It's certainly unhealthy, and it's longer than 9 months. There are very few people who get to choose what do with their bodies during their lives. Why is the inconvenience of giving birth a moral justification for killing a child?

To me the right to do what you want with "your body" (it seems like it serves a dual purpose during pregnancy) is fairly morally weak. I am pro-choice, but only because of my judgment that people would likely just get illegal abortions. I don't think there is a particularly strong moral argument though that the right of not being inconvenienced outweighs the right to life for others.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:24 pm 

Choose what I get to do with my body is intensionally vague. I don't get to "choose what to do with my body" nearly everyday. I have to sit in traffic and breath in exhaust. I have to sit at a desk, and stare at a computer screen to make a living. It's certainly unhealthy, and it's longer than 9 months. There are very few people who get to choose what do with their bodies during their lives. Why is the inconvenience of giving birth a moral justification for killing a child?
No you don't. You could quit your job tomorrow and move to the middle of North Dakota.

I know you saw it. What are your thoughts about requiring a father to donate a kidney to his child who needs it?

To me the right to do what you want with "your body" (it seems like it serves a dual purpose during pregnancy) is fairly morally weak. I am pro-choice, but only because of my judgment that people would likely just get illegal abortions. I don't think there is a particularly strong moral argument though that the right of not being inconvenienced outweighs the right to life for others.
The whole point in bringing it up is to draw the major line between not letting your elderly relative live in your house and abortion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:

I know I'm right 8)

Those people don't cease to exist when they remove the pussy hats and go to work or wherever it is they go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What are your thoughts about requiring a father to donate a kidney to his child who needs it?

Do you consider a child a body part of the woman within whom it is residing? Because that's the real issue. I truly believe that if men and women both got pregnant we could all easily agree that a law preventing a person from killing the baby inside him/her would be good. The problem is that nature doesn't work that way and unfortunately it's only women that carry the children. I don't believe that fact changes the morality. And I would advise the Left to be very careful with this idiocy that "a man can get pregnant", because if that's actually the case (it isn't) then abortion can no longer be couched as a "woman's issue".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
No you don't. You could quit your job tomorrow and move to the middle of North Dakota.

I know you saw it. What are your thoughts about requiring a father to donate a kidney to his child who needs it?

The whole point in bringing it up is to draw the major line between not letting your elderly relative live in your house and abortion.

There isn't air pollution in North Dakota? You could live off the grid! Isn't dealing with this in an honest way. Its far easier for women who aren't ready to have children to not get pregnant than it is for any human to "control their body" in modern society.

Replacing a kidney is a different discussion. There could be other donors than the father, like the elderly with care takers. It's also not a cut and dry case. What are the odds of the surgery working? How many years do kidney recipients live longer on average? What are the long term health affects on the donor? Organ donation is not exactly a natural occurrence.

The previous moral discussion was that there are people who need the assistance of others in order to live. If women have a right to kill the unborn because of inconvenience it's not far removed from saying we have the right to kill the elderly because they are an inconvenience.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Organ donation is not exactly a natural occurrence.

That was my answer to Rick's hypothetical. An organ transplant is man fucking with nature. So is an abortion. Man fucks with nature too much for his own good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:56 pm 

There isn't air pollution in North Dakota? You could live off the grid! Isn't dealing with this in an honest way. Its far easier for women who aren't ready to have children to not get pregnant than it is for any human to "control their body" in modern society.
It's up to you where you think an area with the best air is. That was your example that you for some reason can't quit your job and breathe better air.

Replacing a kidney is a different discussion. There could be other donors than the father, like the elderly with care takers. It's also not a cut and dry case. What are the odds of the surgery working? How many years do kidney recipients live longer on average? What are the long term health affects on the donor? Organ donation is not exactly a natural occurrence.
The father is considered as good of a match as possible.

Kidney recipients live longer on average than those who don't get them. That's why they do them.

As for the rest, they all seem to be questions of the potential health effects on the father.

The previous moral discussion was that there are people who need the assistance of others in order to live. If women have a right to kill the unborn because of inconvenience it's not far removed from saying we have the right to kill the elderly because they are an inconvenience.
Yes, and the major difference is in bold vs. those who need the assistance of one specific individual in order to live.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That was my answer to Rick's hypothetical. An organ transplant is man fucking with nature. So is an abortion. Man fucks with nature too much for his own good.
C sections aren't a natural occurrence either. I guess I should have died.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

What’s your opinion on the use of stem cells?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:58 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

What about vaccines?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
What about vaccines?

cause old people.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Generally against. Ask me if I needed them though. I might give you a different answer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

What about vaccines?

I don't consider a vaccine an abomination against nature.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm sure someone will take you up on this set-up with a punchline.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm sure someone will take you up on this set-up with a punchline.

Nah some things just should be left to fade out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
C-sections aren't a natural occurrence either. I guess I should have died.

that's why the Framers disqualified C-section babies from eligibility to be POTUS. On the upside, eligible to decapitate any illegitimate Kings of Scotland.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Generally against. Ask me if I needed them though. I might give you a different answer.

So you wouldn't refuse the use of them on principle? That's atheist in a foxhole talk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why generally against?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So you wouldn't refuse the use of them on principle? That's atheist in a foxhole talk.

Sure. And I can't say 100% I won't be whispering the Lord's Prayer on my death bed either. I hope not. But who knows how much pain I'll be in.

Anyway, if I couldn't get stem cells to keep me alive I'd be fine with it. Everybody has to die some time. That thing Zeke Emanuel said about age 75 seemed glib and I didn't like that he was using it to support seizing control of 1/6 of the economy, but I'd be open to a discussion about mandatory death for all at age 75 or 80. Those last years generally aren't so great for most people anyway. There might be something comforting about knowing exactly when the longest you could possible live is. Maybe not though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[quoteImage]

I see that someone created the blue pussy hat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Sure. And I can't say 100% I won't be whispering the Lord's Prayer on my death bed either. I hope not. But who knows how much pain I'll be in.

Anyway, if I couldn't get stem cells to keep me alive I'd be fine with it. Everybody has to die some time. That thing Zeke Emanuel said about age 75 seemed glib and I didn't like that he was using it to support seizing control of 1/6 of the economy, but I'd be open to a discussion about mandatory death for all at age 75 or 80. Those last years generally aren't so great for most people anyway. There might be something comforting about knowing exactly when the longest you could possible live is. Maybe not though.

Especially when you see the wildly disproportionate amount of money spent (wasted?) in the average patient's last six months of "life"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:38 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: :lol:

+ :lol: :cry: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:39 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I know I'm right 8)

Those people don't cease to exist when they remove the pussy hats and go to work or wherever it is they go.

Right. Same with 4chan idiots like America. My points is they aren’t RESISTING when they go to work or wherever it is they go, just like most wannabe skinheads like America aren’t burning crosses on a random Tuesday afternoon.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You can certainly see how that weakens your argument.

I'm an ice floe man, myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next