It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
No. Your 0% comment is completely wrong, and goes against the entire history of human civilization.

No it's right. You are expanding it to a well arned uprising. That is not the situation. We're talking Ogie and his buddies. He even gave the Bundy example.

And what happened 2-300 years ago is hardly relevant in 2018.

This is the 2018 US military vs Ogie and 6 of his friends.

What happened 300 years ago is definitely relevant. There’s a reason Sun Tzu is still taught at military academies.

But yeah if you want to just boil it down to 7 guys vs an army I have no choice but to concede that point. But then this simply becomes a waste of both our times because revolutions aren’t fought by 7 guys.

Sun Tzu's ideas are relevant.

Armies from the 18th century being susceptible to citizen uprising is not.

You’re simply wrong. Every general in the world would disagree with you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So Ogie and his buddies in his well regulated militia could stand up to the United States military?

Well the US military is feasibly capable of eradicating the civilian population with chemical or nuclear weapons, but if it gets to that point you'll wish you stood up to them with your AR-15's before it got to where the government became so tyrannical that it'd nuke its own people.

But assuming the government is unwilling to kill everyone just to take out the partisans, yes. Ogie and his buddies would be able to eventually wear down and sap the US military of its will to fight.

You're saying the US military couldn't kill Ogie and 6 of his friends without chemical weapons?

Sounds like a terrible army.

Deliberately misrepresenting the opposing argument is a bad look. We both know we aren’t talking about a group of a dozen guys but a much larger resistance. The kind you would see if confiscation actually started gaining mainstream consideration.

Nobody here is arguing that 8 guys are gonna take out an army.

You over use the _____ is a bad look thing. It's ironically....a bad look.

How many people did Bundy have?

That was and continues to be the example Ogie us using.

You think the US military is unable to take out Bundy and pals?

In Nevada they numbered in the hundreds, but they came from groups (such as the 3 Percenters) who's numbers go into the tens of thousands.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So Ogie and his buddies in his well regulated militia could stand up to the United States military?

Well the US military is feasibly capable of eradicating the civilian population with chemical or nuclear weapons, but if it gets to that point you'll wish you stood up to them with your AR-15's before it got to where the government became so tyrannical that it'd nuke its own people.

But assuming the government is unwilling to kill everyone just to take out the partisans, yes. Ogie and his buddies would be able to eventually wear down and sap the US military of its will to fight.

You're saying the US military couldn't kill Ogie and 6 of his friends without chemical weapons?

we should spend more money on it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:37 am 

Everyone arguing against the AR15 is saying small arms can't defeat an army, yet none of them can tell me why we haven't wiped out the Taliban yet.

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I don't think you realize how large the militia movement has become. The government is already scared of it and if you don't believe me, why do you think they stood down in Nevada?

mercy.

they should've been bombed into oblivion.

Well the government tried that approach at Waco and it got them Oklahoma City

Tell me, what would have happened if there was a massacre in Nevada?

applause for law and order. one less family of thieves and pretend soldier hanger-ons would be in the US.

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Deliberately misrepresenting the opposing argument is a bad look. We both know we aren’t talking about a group of a dozen guys but a much larger resistance. The kind you would see if confiscation actually started gaining mainstream consideration.

They probably could but they didn’t. If they had wiped them out there’s a good chance they would have created an even larger uprising.

The point is the US Army would unequivocally not be able to put down a large armed revolution among its citizens. If the armed resistance was based on repealing the 2A there’s a huge contingent of soldiers that would straight up join the resistance.

It’s infinitely more complicated than how you’re making it out to be.

You can't claim protection from the 2A and then get mad if it is legally repealed. That's the rules you play by with Constitutional rights.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Everyone arguing against the AR15 is saying small arms can't defeat an army, yet none of them can tell me why we haven't wiped out the Taliban yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is why gun debate is hopeless. the discussion has shifted from the massacre of students to this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Quote:
and recent history would back this up. The Taliban does not have any tanks, fighter jets, etc. but here they are 16 years later and gaining ground. We never repelled the Vietcong either.

The answer to both those questions is that the politicians are not letting the military do the job correctly.
They where basically not allowed to go after the North Viets in North Viet,that is a huge advantage. Lets hem rest and regroup.
The situation we are in now the reason we are not winning is simple ,you need boots on the ground. Not just a couple hundred but several thousand.Draft needs to be brought back and we need to send in along with allied forces major ground units to take and hold territory and show them they are defeated. Right now we are in a situation similar to what happened in Germany after WW1,yah they lost but they never seen occupation forces and never thought they really lost by being conquered.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You can't claim protection from the 2A and then get mad if it is legally repealed. That's the rules you play by with Constitutional rights.

See here's why you really cant give into these people who want to ban guns. There's a totalitarian mindset at the center of it that is really dangerous.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:

They probably could but they didn’t. If they had wiped them out there’s a good chance they would have created an even larger uprising.

The point is the US Army would unequivocally not be able to put down a large armed revolution among its citizens. If the armed resistance was based on repealing the 2A there’s a huge contingent of soldiers that would straight up join the resistance.

It’s infinitely more complicated than how you’re making it out to be.

I’m not getting mad, but good luck telling people what they are and aren’t allowed to get mad about :lol:

To rock my soul

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

One word:Pakistan.

Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I don't think you realize how large the militia movement has become. The government is already scared of it and if you don't believe me, why do you think they stood down in Nevada?

mercy.

they should've been bombed into oblivion.

Well the government tried that approach at Waco and it got them Oklahoma City

Tell me, what would have happened if there was a massacre in Nevada?

applause for law and order. one less family of thieves and pretend soldier hanger-ons would be in the US.

You keep telling yourself that is what would happen, but I'd say the 1990s tell us there would be a different and more violent reaction.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
repealing it is never going to happen. but you could enact much stricter gun laws and the supreme court would eventually let them slide. they are very susceptible to the political winds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
repealing it is never going to happen. but you could enact much stricter gun laws and the supreme court would eventually let them slide. they are very susceptible to the political winds.

If you want to find a way to get the Dems to actually lose what could be a wave election, start talking about gun control. The Dems advantage this year is largely due to an enthusiasm gap. Gun control talk is one solid way to close that gap and lose all of the Senate seats the Dems are defending in red states.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44 am 

America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

So the US government is afraid of murdering people because they dont want to incite an armed insurrection that they know they cannot win....and you say that's a bad thing?

I said nothing about an armed insurrection and definitely didn't say any of this was a bad thing.

I'm just playing out the "defend against tyrannical government" thing in our current reality.

But anyway, seems were just back to the inevitable conclusion. Our rights to bear arms...any and all arms...is more important than any amount of dead people/kids.

That's just our reality. I get it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I said nothing about an armed insurrection and definitely didn't say any of this was a bad thing.

I'm just playing out the "defend against tyrannical government" thing in our current reality.

But anyway, seems were just back to the inevitable conclusion. Our rights to bear arms...any and all arms...is more important than any amount of dead people/kids.

If you really cared about dead people/kids you wouldn't be attacking the AR-15.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: John's
These arguments bore me. Why can't we all agree that 200-300 dead kids every year are a small price to pay for our beautiful 2nd amendment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

So the US government is afraid of murdering people because they dont want to incite an armed insurrection that they know they cannot win....and you say that's a bad thing?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:47 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I’m not getting mad, but good luck telling people what they are and aren’t allowed to get mad about :lol:

Well they would deserve what they got if they took up arms against the government to fight against a legally passed Constitutional amendment.

Keep in mind here the issue isn't the repeal. I don't think it should be repealed. However the gun lobby is offering no solutions at all. America just flat out said it.

The unlikely repeal may be the only shot at any meaningful change.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Fighting a land war on foreign territory and fighting on land that you are familiar with is different. RPB is right.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Well they would deserve what they got if they took up arms against the government to fight against a legally passed Constitutional amendment.

Keep in mind here the issue isn't the repeal. I don't think it should be repealed. However the gun lobby is offering no solutions at all. America just flat out said it.

so apparently if its legal its moral. interesting take, you've just greenlit some pretty abhorrent shit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 am 

Nas wrote:
Fighting a land war on foreign territory and fighting on land that you are familiar with is different. RPB is right.

a soldier from Florida is going to very adept and familiar with rural Oregon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am 

FavreFan wrote:
]

So there haven't been so many advancements in weaponry that 300 year old ideas don't work without major updates?

That's surprising. I'll take your word for it.

Doesn't change the fact that Ogie's fantasy about a Bundy group standing up to the US military and winning any less ridiculous.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I am pretty confident that total confiscation would result in an armed revolution regardless of it being completely legal.

To rock my soul

America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

so apparently if its legal its moral. interesting take, you've just greenlit some pretty abhorrent shit.

If you rightfully stand by your rights based on a Constitutional amendment then you have to accept it is no longer your right when it is repealed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:50 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
America wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Right. No amount of dead children will deter us. We're in agreement.

America wrote:
Nas wrote:

a soldier from Florida is going to very adept and familiar with rural Oregon.

Let's be honest, the soldier from Florida probably has uncles who previously served and are now involved in militias. He and half of his unit are going to desert when given orders to put them down.

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
]

So there haven't been so many advancements in weaponry that 300 year old ideas don't work without major updates?

That's surprising. I'll take your word for it.

Doesn't change the fact that Ogie's fantasy about a Bundy group standing up to the US military and winning any less ridiculous.

Weapons are a lot more advanced. military strategies against superior firepower don’t become invalidated because of super superior firepower though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 am 

Good chat fellas. Appreciate all of you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If you rightfully stand by your rights based on a Constitutional amendment then you have to accept it is no longer your right when it is repealed.

what

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 29  Next