It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
I think Comey is a sincere and well intentioned individual. He is definitely saying things in a way to cover his own butt and make himself look good. But at the end of the day, the country was better off with him running the FBI.

The country is not better off with people who cover their butt running anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
I think Comey is a sincere and well intentioned individual. He is definitely saying things in a way to cover his own butt and make himself look good. But at the end of the day, the country was better off with him running the FBI.

The country is not better off with people who cover their butt running anything.

If I was dealing with Trump, I would definitely be sure to protect myself. Comey's instincts were spot on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
denisdman wrote:

MANY agree.

It seems like there must be a less jarring but still legally sound phrase to use besides "I could be wrong" ... seems like better messaging would help there. Too easy to seize on out of context imho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:17 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

If I was dealing with Trump, I would definitely be sure to protect myself. Comey's instincts were spot on.

But you didn't deal with Trump. And he at all times had legal protection when doing so. Any notes he takes during their meetings are accepted and admissible in any court proceeding. So, what Comey is essentially saying is that he couldn't trust himself. Not a good fit for the FBI. Maybe the KGB though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:20 am 

LOL @ legal protections? I 'm sure he slept well at night knowing that. He was speaking alone with the President who is a known narcissist and uses Twitter and lies at every turn. I doubt legal protections were tops on his mind when trying to figure out how to deal with Trump.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:21 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
denisdman wrote:

MANY agree.

It seems like there must be a less jarring but still legally sound phrase to use besides "I could be wrong" ... seems like better messaging would help there. Too easy to seize on out of context imho.

He's under oath before Congress. By leading with that statement, he can say anything and avoid knowingly lying.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:21 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
LOL @ legal protections? I 'm sure he slept well at night knowing that. He was speaking alone with the President who is a known narcissist and uses Twitter and lies at every turn. I doubt legal protections were tops on his mind when trying to figure out how to deal with Trump.

That's why he wanted someone from the Justice Department to meet with him when he was with Trump.

You're just laughing at yourself. You have no idea what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:24 am 

Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That's why he wanted someone from the Justice Department to meet with him when he was with Trump.

Didn't realize you'd recently passed the Bar ... congratulations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 am 

Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That's twofold-
1) He was uncomfortable being alone with crazy Trump
and
2) He doesn't report to the President. It is totally outside the chain of command to speak alone especially amid active investigations. They weren't BS'ing about baseball.

Of course, I don't know what I am talking about because you don't like what I have to say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:30 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The best part is I have absolutely no horse in this race. I am not a Trumpet, I don't like the way the Republican Party has and continues to conduct itself, and I can't stand anything to do with the Democrats. That makes me as objective as you will get in this fight.

In any case, both the Senators and Comey are doing a nice job. I am listening to the whole thing live.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:31 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
In the history of political nonsense, this may be the biggest nothing burger ever served to the populace.

It begins and ends with a paid commentator on MSNBC stating that for Trump "ignorance is a defense" and later from a sitting Senator that since this is an "unorthodox" POTUS "he has to be granted considerable room in his language and disregard for political & linguistic decorum".

Like Cheetolini can even spell unorthodox :lol:

It begins with contemporary news making an issue where none exists. And then not fact checking enough to know that if justice was actually obstructed, then Comey had a legal obligation to report it. At the time it occurred, not in national TV six months later.

By his own testimony, he was getting informed in large part by the media. The man is a boob. A detail oriented, sanctimonious and ultimately political boob.

Imo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:34 am 

denisdman wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The best part is I have absolutely no horse in this race. I am not a Trumpet, I don't like the way the Republican Party has and continues to conduct itself, and I can't stand anything to do with the Democrats. That makes me as objective as you will get in this fight.

In any case, both the Senators and Comey are doing a nice job. I am listening to the whole thing live.

With all due respect, that's completely contradictory. You don't like one group, but "can't stand anything" about the other. You come off as more blindly partisan as I've been accused of being :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
In the history of political nonsense, this may be the biggest nothing burger ever served to the populace.

It begins and ends with a paid commentator on MSNBC stating that for Trump "ignorance is a defense" and later from a sitting Senator that since this is an "unorthodox" POTUS "he has to be granted considerable room in his language and disregard for political & linguistic decorum".

Like Cheetolini can even spell unorthodox :lol:

It begins with contemporary news making an issue where none exists. And then not fact checking enough to know that if justice was actually obstructed, then Comey had a legal obligation to report it. At the time it occurred, not in national TV six months later.

By his own testimony, he was getting informed in large part by the media. The man is a boob. A detail oriented, sanctimonious and ultimately political boob.

Imo.

I defended him here in the past. I now concur with your opinion of him. He is a gutless boob who had the legal obligation to report Trump if he obstructed justice. Now we will never know because he has chosen to go on a political ass covering tour. Good bye and good riddance, the job was too big for him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:39 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

With all due respect, that's completely contradictory. You don't like one group, but "can't stand anything" about the other. You come off as more blindly partisan as I've been accused of being :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool beans. Yeah I am hyper partisan. That's been my history here from the beginning.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am 

denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Cool beans. Yeah I am hyper partisan. That's been my history here from the beginning.

Your long-held affinity for the Vermont Progressive Party is well documented.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:48 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Comrades in arms! Healthcare for one, healthcare for all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Don Tiny wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Seacrest wrote:
He says with no trace of irony. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
so ive listened to 10 minutes now and his response to anything remotely interesting is "I cant answer in public, lets wait until closed session"... thanks

so now we all have to wait until someone leaks the closed session conversations

Last edited by billypootons on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:12 am 

Tom Cotton is a worm. In a hearing, he is asking Comey to confirm remarks made by Dianne Feinstein on television months ago. Now he's asking about Comey's action with respect to W. He is the walking embodiment of what's wrong with Washington. I didn't think a Senator could sink lower than the letter this clown "sent" to Iran to attempt to subvert foreign policy, but his abilities sink far darker & deeper.

He's really little more than Jesse Helms with a pc mask.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 am 

RR, you're girlfriend is on now!

Yeah Cotton seemed like a complete slime.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:18 am 

denisdman wrote:

Yeah!!!

And got completely stonewalled in open session :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:21 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Yeah!!!

And got completely stonewalled in open session :lol: :lol: :lol:

The second I saw her I thought of you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:24 am 

This Reed guy could be Montgomery Burns, hunchback and all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:26 am 

https://twitter.com/AP/status/872842643914592256

The Associated Press‏
@AP
BREAKING: Speaker Paul Ryan says FBI director needs to be independent, says Trump unfamiliar with protocol, `just new to this'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am 

"You were summarily fired, with no explanation."
Comey: "Oh, there was an explanation. I just don't buy it."

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am 

Don Tiny wrote:

The Associated Press‏
@AP
BREAKING: Speaker Paul Ryan says FBI director needs to be independent, says Trump unfamiliar with protocol, `just new to this'

I actually believe he is unfamiliar with protocol. That is obvious most especially in his dealing with foreign governments (i.e. takes a call from Taiwan's head of state). However, I also think he doesn't give a shit about protocol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am 

denisdman wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

The Associated Press‏
@AP

I actually believe he is unfamiliar with protocol. That is obvious most especially in his dealing with foreign governments (i.e. takes a call from Taiwan's head of state). However, I also think he doesn't give a shit about protocol.

But it's excuse making ... by the Speaker of the House of Representatives ... about a sitting President politely saying Trump doesn't know his ass from a a hole in the ground, but in a fashion that seems to read as 'hey, give the fella a break'.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Don Tiny wrote:
"You were summarily fired, with no explanation."
Comey: "Oh, there was an explanation. I just don't buy it."

:lol:

Well if he is now saying he was the primary guy doing the leaks then isn't that grounds for termination?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next