It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Otto Warmbier
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Are we victim blaming?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:09 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Passed away today.

Here's some reprehensible "social justice":

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/poli ... tice-left/

Really? You're going to grudgingly feel bad for a U.S. citizen captured and beaten for nothing and tacitly support people who suggested it was justice because he was a "privileged white male" and a "dumb" one at that? If so, I'd say your moral compass needs calibration.

I didn't once mention race, gender or even familal wealth, but your own biases seem to be showing.

What he did and you bizarrely seem to support was smart assed behavior at best that no sensible parent should wish their kid should ever engage in. I don't really give a damn what his nationality is either. It was a dumb stunt by a clearly immature kid. And sadly one of the wierdest nation states caught him in the process.

As DT mentioned above the hysterically irate (like the author of your piece cited)would have a better case trying to silence an irritated dog. But let's focus on the latest Trumpet to cry about the meanie libtard.

Nah, what you said is fucked up. There is no relative justification for it.

It's fucked up to talk common sense? I never once said that his treatment was anything other than obscene(which I believe) just that yet another "conservative" is whining about the perhaps tone deaf commentary from someone they otherwise joke about being libtard snowflakes. Which is hypocritical and obscene

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Seriously, who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to go to North Korea?

I'm not saying he deserved it, but I'm saying this is worthy of a Darwin Award.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Regular Reader wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Passed away today.

Really? You're going to grudgingly feel bad for a U.S. citizen captured and beaten for nothing and tacitly support people who suggested it was justice because he was a "privileged white male" and a "dumb" one at that? If so, I'd say your moral compass needs calibration.

I didn't once mention race, gender or even familal wealth, but your own biases seem to be showing.

What he did and you bizarrely seem to support was smart assed behavior at best that no sensible parent should wish their kid should ever engage in. I don't really give a damn what his nationality is either. It was a dumb stunt by a clearly immature kid. And sadly one of the wierdest nation states caught him in the process.

As DT mentioned above the hysterically irate (like the author of your piece cited)would have a better case trying to silence an irritated dog. But let's focus on the latest Trumpet to cry about the meanie libtard.

It's fucked up to talk common sense? I never once said that his treatment was anything other than obscene(which I believe) just that yet another "conservative" is whining about the perhaps tone deaf commentary from someone they otherwise joke about being libtard snowflakes. Which is hypocritical and obscene

You're my guy and you seem pissed. I disagree 100% with your position here, but I still respect you. I'm done with this one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Seriously, who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to go to North Korea?

Nobody. Question answered. No need to bring it up again (not just you, anyone).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Passed away today.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I want to see the Venn diagram of the people that are outraged by this and the people that wonder out loud "why that girl was wearing that skimpy outfit" when she was raped.

Going to North Korea is like accepting a drink from Bill Cosby. If you do it you might end up with a cool story to tell, but it's far more likely that you're going to get fucked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
If Trump was really insane you would think something like this would really set him off.....makes you wonder...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Seriously....of all the places on the planet you could go, you choose North Korea?

Exactly. But for MANY around here, let's suspend common sense and work up more faux populist outrage

It's not populist outrage. It's sad he was tortured to death.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 pm 

Pissed? No.

It's really just reminiscent of some of the dumb interactions I had at a similar age. If something had happened, in part it would been prompted by my own actions. And should mitigate the ginned up outrage that many have here.

It's kinda like the mother in Baltimore who saw her kid doing dirt in the riots. She didn't want anyone going off on him for his wanton stupidity, but she went upside his head for being stupid.

And yeah, his parents really should be a bit more introspective imo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Seriously....of all the places on the planet you could go, you choose North Korea?

Exactly. But for MANY around here, let's suspend common sense and work up more faux populist outrage

It's not populist outrage. It's sad he was tortured to death.

Agreed wholeheartedly about the kid. But the crocodile tears coming from that opportunist (& clowns like Hannity) is more than a bit much.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
No one should be killed cor stealing a poster.
To suggest otherwise is insane.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 pm 

Darkside wrote:

Who did that? Who even implied it other than certain types in the media and their followers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 pm 

Darkside wrote:

No one is saying that. They're saying don't be surprised that there's a chance you'll end up dead if you visit North Korea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

No one is saying that. They're saying don't be surprised that there's a chance you'll end up dead if you visit North Korea.

So in which circumstances is blaming a victim okay?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

That's not terribly insightful ... in fact, it's a waste of everyone's time to type or say it.

Frankly, it's so obvious that people should be ashamed to even bother bringing it up.

It has no actual bearing on this situation because all that matters is some kid was all but murdered by some fucked up foreign country. There is nothing that needs, or deserves, to be appended to that.

Inexplicably, there are MANY fools around the country trying to grind their axe in some asinine effort to make this some sort of socio-political teachable moment.

There's a time and place.

This ain't either fucking one of 'em.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

That's not terribly insightful ... in fact, it's a waste of everyone's time to type or say it.

Frankly, it's so obvious that people should be ashamed to even bother bringing it up.

It has no actual bearing on this situation because all that matters is some kid was all but murdered by some fucked up foreign country. There is nothing that needs, or deserves, to be appended to that.

Inexplicably, there are MANY fools around the country trying to grind their axe in some asinine effort to make this some sort of socio-political teachable moment.

Bravo!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Can we send QCP to N. Korea?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:59 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

/thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:

Can't believe a fratboy from the University of Virginia didn't think rules applied to him.

He didn't deserve to die, but he made at least two very stupid decisions.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Can't believe a fratboy from the University of Virginia didn't think rules applied to him.

He didn't deserve to die, but he made at least two very stupid decisions.

Joining Sig Ep is number one with a bullet no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:33 pm 

I know this isn't a popular take, but when you do something as retarded as traveling to North Korea, where this type of thing is actually known to happen, then don't be surprised if you don't come out of it alive.

Seriously, this is a case where the victim can be blamed for being a moron and you can also have anger at the Korean regime for being barbarians.

This guy deserves a nomination for a Darwin Award.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Most times when something bad happens to a person it's because they have done something many of us might consider stupid.

I really hope I never see a post about victim blaming from anyone who is now pointing out that visiting North Korea is stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I know this isn't a popular take, but when you do something as retarded as traveling to North Korea, where this type of thing is actually known to happen, then don't be surprised if you don't come out of it alive.

Seriously, this is a case where the victim can be blamed for being a moron and you can also have anger at the Korean regime for being barbarians.

You already said that, Chumley. You did so on this very same page even.

It was dumb the first time ... now it's embarrassing because you're repeating yourself.

Are you seeking some bored member's accolades and/or affirmation because of your dimwitted take on the matter or what?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:58 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

You already said that, Chumley. You did so on this very same page even.

It was dumb the first time ... now it's embarrassing because you're repeating yourself.

Are you seeking some bored member's accolades and/or affirmation because of your dimwitted take on the matter or what?

Seriously, it's not like the brutality of North Korea was some secret. If anyone mentioned the very idea of going to North Korea, I'm pretty sure the universal reaction would be "are you crazy!"

This guy actually did that so I really can't say I'm surprised with the result. General rule, but if a country is ruled by a leader who executes rivals via 20mm AA gun, don't visit that country.

If you do, damn right you're a dumbass when the inevitable happens. Now if only we can get them to keen Rodman while he's over there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Do I hear the sound of butting in? It's gotta be little Don Tiny, CFMB's answer to a a QUESTION NO ONE ASKED!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Someone please remind me again why I'm supposed to care about these idiot adventure travelers with more money than functioning brain cells?

he'll be attending Fyre Festival next year

nailed it :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Someone please remind me again why I'm supposed to care about these idiot adventure travelers with more money than functioning brain cells?

he'll be attending Fyre Festival next year

nailed it :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Do I hear the sound of butting in? It's gotta be little Don Tiny, CFMB's answer to a a QUESTION NO ONE ASKED!

Of course you realize this means you're getting punched right in the muff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 pm 

If Bernstein was still doing fun stuff instead of being a twat, I'd say the #1 seed on the Tournament of Bad would be "Vacationing in North Korea"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next