It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
What do you think about the representatives that are boycotting it?

What is/are the stated reason(s) they're doing so?

Democratic U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky announced Friday she’s boycotting the next week’s State of the Union speech, saying the American people had been subjected to a year of “racist, erratic and divisive behavior” from the president.

“I refuse to normalize President Donald Trump and his loathsome language and actions,” she said in a statement.

“With every day that passes, a new tweet, breaking news story, or leaked quote sheds new light on President Trump’s twisted and prejudiced mind,” she said. “I refuse to accept that as the new normal.”

Schakowsky has snubbed Trump before, staying away from his inauguration last year. She said her constituents had spoken loudly and clearly, asking her to “resist” and “boycott” Trump’s first State of the Union speech on Tuesday.

“From calling for an illegal ban of Muslims during the first week of his presidency (and on Holocaust Remembrance Day) and refusing to condemn Nazis and White Supremacists in Charlottesville, to referring to Haiti and African nations as ‘sh*tholes’, President Trump has completely disrespected millions of patriotic Americans and the office of the presidency,” the 10-term lawmaker said.

“Time and time again he has sown division and hatred,” she added. “We can’t treat this as normal. I refuse to sit on the floor of the House of Representatives and politely clap for a man who has demonstrated such clear contempt for so many segments of the American population.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:51 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

They value their time?

Truth, but who cares. Truman's wife despised Washington and lived in Independence, MO something like the last two years he was president. It may be nice to have the wife be a something, but it isn't like I look at the Mrs. and weigh his/her skill sets when I am voting for President.

Strangely BigFan seemed to make it an issue with Michelle Obama iirc.

But I'm sure that the rest of us agree with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
Yawn. No sane person gives a flying fuck what that orange piece of shit says.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Democratic U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky announced Friday she’s boycotting the next week’s State of the Union speech, saying the American people had been subjected to a year of “racist, erratic and divisive behavior” from the president.

“I refuse to normalize President Donald Trump and his loathsome language and actions,” she said in a statement.

“With every day that passes, a new tweet, breaking news story, or leaked quote sheds new light on President Trump’s twisted and prejudiced mind,” she said. “I refuse to accept that as the new normal.”

Schakowsky has snubbed Trump before, staying away from his inauguration last year. She said her constituents had spoken loudly and clearly, asking her to “resist” and “boycott” Trump’s first State of the Union speech on Tuesday.

“From calling for an illegal ban of Muslims during the first week of his presidency (and on Holocaust Remembrance Day) and refusing to condemn Nazis and White Supremacists in Charlottesville, to referring to Haiti and African nations as ‘sh*tholes’, President Trump has completely disrespected millions of patriotic Americans and the office of the presidency,” the 10-term lawmaker said.

“Time and time again he has sown division and hatred,” she added. “We can’t treat this as normal. I refuse to sit on the floor of the House of Representatives and politely clap for a man who has demonstrated such clear contempt for so many segments of the American population.”

M'eh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Regular Reader wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Supposedly she isn't doing any first lady functions.

The least active First Lady since Betty Ford was knocking back Tom Collins' with breakfast.

Truth, but who cares. Truman's wife despised Washington and lived in Independence, MO something like the last two years he was president. It may be nice to have the wife be a something, but it isn't like I look at the Mrs. and weigh his/her skill sets when I am voting for President.

Strangely BigFan seemed to make it an issue with Michelle Obama iirc.

But I'm sure that the rest of us agree with you.

Aaaapp. Beni posting error...Data updated in above post as I answered incorrect RR post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

Conflicted. If they were truly just sticking to what they believe, I'd be ok with it. Seems like grandstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:04 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Conflicted. If they were truly just sticking to what they believe, I'd be ok with it. Seems like grandstanding.

It's a bad precedent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

There are times when statesmanship is demanded.

Nobody is under the assumption she agrees with Trump because she attends. However, his presidency was "normalized" the moment he took that oath of office. If you respect the process, you respect the results of that process whether you agree or disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:37 am 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It's a bad precedent.

Scalia did it for 20 years. Precedent was already set.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It's a bad precedent.

What was he boycotting for 20 years?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Nobody is under the assumption she agrees with Trump because she attends. However, his presidency was "normalized" the moment he took that oath of office. If you respect the process, you respect the results of that process whether you agree or disagree.

Completely agree. This is bigger than Trump's presidency and this type of grandstanding isn't helpful going forward. If your constituents can't understand that they aren't the type of people you want to represent.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Spaulding wrote:

Prefer they show up and leave once done.

Although, I guess if they desire to publicly show their displeasure with a President's speech then not attending is better than interrupting the speech yelling "You lie"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It's a bad precedent.

All those empty seats will make them look childish. Shout out to the members who didn't succumb to the pressure of mostly idiot constituents.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:55 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

It's a bad precedent.

All those empty seats will make them look childish. Shout out to the members who didn't succumb to the pressure of mostly idiot constituents.

Sometimes it feels like Democrats don't understand that Trump is already historically unpopular. All this does is make it seem like a Republican vs. Democrat thing which can actually backfire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
Its' great howe thes libtard snowflakes are alredy denying that thise is the best state of the onion speech in histoy. Keep crying.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:01 am 

"You know, I thought Trump was a great President, but then a Senator stayed home rather than attend the State of the Union address, and I now realize that Trump is bad at his job".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
"You know, I thought Trump was a great President, but then a Senator stayed home rather than attend the State of the Union address, and I now realize that Trump is bad at his job".

I think this is more about loud idiots who don't like the president pressuring members of Congress to do something that isn't helpful to their representative or the country.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 am 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Agreed.

Sometimes you just have to act like an adult.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: My own
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Agreed.

Sometimes you just have to act like an adult.

Yes, and sometimes you have to do it even when you think others don't (Trump). Eventually, you will look like the better person.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Baby McNown wrote:

He's wasn't really a repersentative. I understand why the judges often choose not to attend. Both R & D & no matter who is President.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Bootstraps Max wrote:
Its' great howe thes libtard snowflakes are alredy denying that thise is the best state of the onion speech in histoy. Keep crying.

This mult was never very good and keeps getting worse.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:34 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Bootstraps Max wrote:

This mult was never very good and keeps getting worse.

I think it loses it's luster when "real" posters are posting the same things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:46 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

This is what happens when the extreme left/Hollywood pushes their agenda and disrupts the force. The extreme right comes out with their own agenda to counter the left and we have a not so epic battle of swinging dicks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:57 am 
Spaulding wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

He's wasn't really a repersentative. I understand why the judges often choose not to attend. Both R & D & no matter who is President.

I thought you meant the Nortorius RBG. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Can't decide if I will watch this or Bulls/JailBlazers tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Glad I'm bowling tonight...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This is printed on official guest tickets. You can't make this stuff up;

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
What is the significance of the typo?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:33 pm 
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
What is the significance of the typo?

That you have enough brain damage to work in the White House.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Typos in important places make people appear dumb and/or lazy. It's not a new development.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next