It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:54 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FukNuggitt wrote:
What is the best pitching strategy for attacking batters at the back of the box? I was thinking to have catcher move up as far as they could without interfering. Otherwise, you are adding 2-3 feet to the distance of the Pitcher's target.

aren't you talking about youth baseball

Strategy with pitching? Throw strikes. Almost none of them can spot their pitches, like less than a fraction of a percent.

I coached against some hump coach calling pitches and location. None of those kids were hitting spots and, at best they had 1.5 pitches they could throw. I don't know for sure but I'd bet it was one of those programs that charge $5K so he had to give the parents a show

There are two kids on my team who take lessons and work with their dad a LOT and can hit spots about 40-50% of the time, which basically makes them terminators at this age group. When they pitch, the rest of the team starts making designs in the dirt because unless there is a walk, they have nothing to do. My kid is not one of those, as I am still trying to build his power and mechanics before worrying about honing accuracy.

You guys clearly aren't talking about high level travel baseball. Every really good team I remember had at least 3-4 kids who were polished and could hit their spots.

There's a massive difference between travel and elite travel.

I ran across at least half a dozen elite teams at 12 years old including Wisconsin's top and never saw a kid who, if you called one of nine sectors was hitting it on purpose. Some kids throw very hard. Some consistently are in the strike zone. None were hitting spots.

There was one dominant program in Wisconsin and none worthy of respect from the north side or northern suburbs from 2010 through 2016. My oldest played with and against teams that would fly kids in if needed. Several are actually in the majors or dialing it up in high minors/practice squads now. Btw, if you're paying for anything in season, it's not really elite travel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
One kid on our squad has some pretty bad front arm mechanics (pulls his front elbow in like a figure skater doing an axel lol), so it led me to do a bit of research. Found this pretty good stuff:

https://clients.chrisoleary.com/Hitting ... Elbow-Down

https://baseballrebellion.com/articles/front-arm-bar/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57TYka7BijA

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*