It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:58 pm 

At least we’re getting moral training from the experts, with an advertising campaign by…MTV.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Turns out Indigenous people deserved to be wiped out because they weren't always nice to one another!

I knew someone here could come up with a solid justification for genocide if they tried. :cheers:

I knew someone would come right out and say that Indians are morally superior to Europeans. As dumb as that might be.

Have you returned your ill-gotten property to an Indigenuous tribe?

I said nothing of the kind. Have you learned how to read?

You kind of did though. Your statement/selective judgment can only be understood within the context of an academic cultural Marxist identity hierarchy.

If we remove the hierarchy to which you obviously subscribe, the narrative is no longer white Europeans conducting a genocide on Indigenous People of Color. It's just genocidal people who arrived in North America first being subjected to genocide by people that arrived later.

People being imperfect, maybe nobody should have a holiday named after them.

My point had to do with your attempt to justify genocide.

I have no responsibility to recount the entire history of North America simply because you think doing so makes you seem less ignorant. It doesn't by the way.

Does the fact that of a violent Indigenous past somehow excuse European genocide in your eyes? That's quite a take.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Turns out Indigenous people deserved to be wiped out because they weren't always nice to one another!

I knew someone here could come up with a solid justification for genocide if they tried. :cheers:

Hate to blow your mind, but humans have been pushing each other off land and stealing each other's resources for thousands of years and the Indigenous People completely wiped out the Neanderthal's, what's happened in the past few hundred years is not exactly out of the ordinary.

Are you sure about this?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:38 am 

No European Settler is illegal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I knew someone would come right out and say that Indians are morally superior to Europeans. As dumb as that might be.

Have you returned your ill-gotten property to an Indigenuous tribe?

I said nothing of the kind. Have you learned how to read?

You kind of did though. Your statement/selective judgment can only be understood within the context of an academic cultural Marxist identity hierarchy.

If we remove the hierarchy to which you obviously subscribe, the narrative is no longer white Europeans conducting a genocide on Indigenous People of Color. It's just genocidal people who arrived in North America first being subjected to genocide by people that arrived later.

People being imperfect, maybe nobody should have a holiday named after them.

My point had to do with your attempt to justify genocide.

I have no responsibility to recount the entire history of North America simply because you think doing so makes you seem less ignorant. It doesn't by the way.

Does the fact that of a violent Indigenous past somehow excuse European genocide in your eyes? That's quite a take.

You thought my statement was justifying genocide? Really?

Columbus doesn't (didn't) have a holiday because his arrival resulted in genocide. He has a holiday because you may not be here if he hadn't done what he did. But mainly to placate a marginalized group (Italians) at the time it was established. Which is the same reason behind the current attempt to change it to "Indigenuous Peoples Day."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:35 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Hate to blow your mind, but humans have been pushing each other off land and stealing each other's resources for thousands of years and the Indigenous People completely wiped out the Neanderthal's, what's happened in the past few hundred years is not exactly out of the ordinary.

Are you sure about this?

Caller Bob still exists!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:48 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Columbus doesn't (didn't) have a holiday because his arrival resulted in genocide. He has a holiday because you may not be here if he hadn't done what he did.
False. He was granted a holiday because for centuries it was falsely reported in history book after history book that he "discovered" America. It's one of the reasons that MANY, (including Native Americans) have fought endlessly for decades to "rewrite" the history , as they should.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Should be Leif Ericson day, and the peaceful vikings.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:55 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Columbus doesn't (didn't) have a holiday because his arrival resulted in genocide. He has a holiday because you may not be here if he hadn't done what he did.
False. He was granted a holiday because for centuries it was falsely reported in history book after history book that he "discovered" America. It's one of the reasons that MANY, (including Native Americans) have fought endlessly for decades to "rewrite" the history , as they should.

I guess the question then becomes who did discover America?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And why isn't Link going back to where his ancestors came from and leaving this great land to the Indigenous Peoples who rightfully own it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I'm starting to think history will be re written within the next 50 years of a lost global civilization that was wiped out 12,500 years ago by a comet and a great global flood.

And everybody was brown.

Last edited by Nardi on Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:25 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And why isn't Link going back to where his ancestors came from and leaving this great land to the Indigenous Peoples who rightfully own it?

Only after you do exactly the same thing you "proud American" you!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:27 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Actually it doesn't "become" anything since "WE" know for a fact that it wasn't Columbus!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:35 am 
Site Admin

The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Only after you do exactly the same thing you "proud American" you!

Keep going. We'll get to your real thoughts soon enough. You identify with the "Indigenous Peoples" because you subscribe to the academic cultural Marxist identiuty hierachy wherein you are both "Of Color" and thus you are united in opposition to the white oppressors.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:39 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Actually it doesn't "become" anything since "WE" know for a fact that it wasn't Columbus!

The point is if we are going to remove Columbus Day because he didn't in fact "discover" America and that is fine, then why would we change it to a group who also didn't "discover" America?

Maybe we change it to Paleolithic Hunter-Gatherers Day?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:49 am 

312player wrote:
Should be Leif Ericson day, and the peaceful vikings.

The Civilizing of North America Day is catchy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:52 am 

If you have something you love, you better be prepared to fight to keep it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:52 am 

Brick wrote:
then why would we change it to a group who also didn't "discover" America?

Because it fits the cultural narrative much better

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:00 am 

Just don't fuck with Pulaski Day

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
then why would we change it to a group who also didn't "discover" America?

Because it fits the cultural narrative much better

Were the Vikings more woke? Should we limit discovery to before or after the disappearance of the Bearing strait? BTW, where did all the carbon come fro to raise the water above the Bearing Strait?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:05 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Just don't fuck with Pulaski Day

Pulaski was saved when Lin Manuel Miranda turned him into a Person of Color.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:19 am 

Here is something to think about: under what theory do the various tribes get to claim superior ownership of the land?

If your answer is, "here first", explore that a bit as to why that theory of land rights takes precedence in your mind over several other very valid theories of dominion over land.

Obviously intentional genocide and enslavement is unjustifiable, but what about the land?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:20 am 

Brick wrote:
The point is if we are going to remove Columbus Day because he didn't in fact "discover" America and that is fine, then why would we change it to a group who also didn't "discover" America?

Nice try Brick. The United States had a holiday honoring a guy for "discovering" America when he actually did not. Not only did he not "discover" America but he never even set foot inside of the land which later became the United States. However it still makes much more sense to MANY to honor him as opposed to those that actually resided here. To whom does this sort of logic actually make sense I wonder?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Like me, his ancestors probably come from every continent except for Australia.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

Nice try Brick. The United States had a holiday honoring a guy for "discovering" America when he actually did not. Not only did he not "discover" America but he never even set foot inside of the land which later became the United States. However it still makes much more sense to MANY to honor him as opposed to those that actually resided here. To whom does this sort of logic actually make sense I wonder?

You've sold me! Let's go tear down a statue!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:29 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Everything you love isn't worth that energy. That should be reserved for the things you love most.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:30 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

I have no issue with getting rid of Columbus Day. I was always a Mayflower guy anyways.

What doesn't make sense is why get rid of Columbus Day because he didn't discover America but then replace it with another group that also didn't discover America? Figure out who actually did discover America and put that person or group on the federal holiday list.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:34 am 

I think Explorers Day would be a good substitute, if all this really sticks in people's craw. Then you are not honoring an individual, but a selfless act that helped humanity and include everyone from Lucy to Neil Armstrong

and I'd still keep a First People's Day. What's it to me (other than if I have to give a day off)? I like cultural celebrations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:39 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Everything you love isn't worth that energy. That should be reserved for the things you love most.

one theory of property rights is who needs it most (paraphrasing).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
I think Explorers Day would be a good substitute, if all this really sticks in people's craw. Then you are not honoring an individual, but a selfless act that helped humanity and include everyone from Lucy to Neil Armstrong

and I'd still keep a First People's Day. What's it to me (other than if I have to give a day off)? I like cultural celebrations.

As long as it’s a separate federal holiday that gets me another day off, sign me up.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next