It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 118  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Random odd Disney story. I worked for the mouse for 4 months in 1989/90. A dude I worked with located me via FB. I vaguely remember the guy as a creeper bald dude and am somewhat shocked he is still Blvd ground. Fucjin FB.

Aside, haven't been back since. Cool to hear what you all talk about now...How to DO the parks. Did a brief stint at the Polynesian then. Probably been rebuilt by now. Flying cockroaches were the big freakout for guests at the time. Enjoy all as it is a fun place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
In July it will be pretty awful. Averages mid 90s temps with 80% humidity. so, you are sweat soaked by 11am.
Orlando is a giant swamp.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:04 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Best pork chop I have ever had in my life was at Be Our Guest. Its a cool atmosphere and really good food. Totally worth it, Hank. And The Polynesian is awesome.

How long has this Be Our Guest place been open? I have been to Disney World I think 6 times and I have never heard about it, granted last time I was there was 4 years ago. Any yes the Polynesian is awesome and you will thankful you did the meal plan Hank, as Doug said, just make sure and plan out your meals when you are supposed to.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If I had to guess I would say its been open right around four years.

The meal plan is definitely the way to go. You will spend ~$15 for a burger, fries, & drink, and at least $20-30 without alcohol per adult at a sit down restaurant. Another gem in the Magic Kingdom is the Liberty Tree Tavern.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:38 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If I had to guess I would say its been open right around four years.

The meal plan is definitely the way to go. You will spend ~$15 for a burger, fries, & drink, and at least $20-30 without alcohol per adult at a sit down restaurant. Another gem in the Magic Kingdom is the Liberty Tree Tavern.

Big fan of the Liberty Tree Tavern, and The Flaming Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom has exceptionally good ribs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I would say in general Disney charges a premium. They do work very hard to make your vacation unforgettable and problem free. Providing you do not swim with gators when you shouldn't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
We always go in the summer and yes it is hot. However, there are a lot of A/C places (especially in magic kingdom) and yes it is busy, but it is busy all year around. Fastpass stuff and it will not seem that bad. In fact, last year we went and our last day was over 4th of July weekend and it was shockingly not insane - we were able to ride Big Thunder Mountain railroad without a fast pass with only a 20 minute wait...at two in the afternoon...on a saturday.
The best day we were at disney was a few years ago in the middle of a tropical depression. No one was there, and when it wasn't raining (which actually was a lot of the time on the tail end of the storm) we had no wait times. When it was raining people working there went above and beyond to make up for it. We were walking down main street looking at various things and when we got to the bakery, a baker came out and gave us a giant chocolate chip cookie cake to help make the day 'more magical.' There was little stuff like that all over the place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
November 2012 for BOG, although the Fantasyland expansion wasn't totally finished until 2014.

Do they serve alcohol at Liberty Tree Tavern? I thought Magic Kingdom was a dry park.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:42 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
November 2012 for BOG, although the Fantasyland expansion wasn't totally finished until 2014.

Do they serve alcohol at Liberty Tree Tavern? I thought Magic Kingdom was a dry park.

Gotcha, we were there summer of 2012. No, they don't serve alcohol there and you are correct about Magic Kingdom.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Savages. Magic Kingdom should encourage drinking...especially with that fucking Small World ride.

Actually, one of my bowling buddies went last June with his wife and 8 year old. He did the whole Bippity Boppity Boutique thing for her. Made the appointment for his daughter himself. Figured he'd have an hour to burn while his wife hung out and his daughter got made up, so he'd go grab a beer or two.

His wife had to break the news to him.

Or as I told him a month later...do it at Disney Springs. They have bars...and beer stands.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:

Gotcha, we were there summer of 2012. No, they don't serve alcohol there and you are correct about Magic Kingdom.
Be Our Guest has wine & beer. Everywhere else in that Park is dry...with the exception of renting out special areas of the park for the fireworks shows.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:00 am 

What kind of shitty tavern doesn't serve booze?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Savages. Magic Kingdom should encourage drinking...especially with that fucking Small World ride.

I've heard that that song is played more often than any tune in the world. An associate and I built some speakers for this guy, Dick Schory. I'm not sure if Schory actually wrote the song or not, but he arranged and produced it and may have played drums on it. This fucker had/has a huge mansion in Barrington, mostly funded by royalties from Disney songs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
About half way through that ride I became irrationally concerned that I would be trapped in the small world forever. Pretty sure that song is banned by the Geneva convention.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

I've heard that that song is played more often than any tune in the world. An associate and I built some speakers for this guy, Dick Schory. I'm not sure if Schory actually wrote the song or not, but he arranged and produced it and may have played drums on it. This fucker had/has a huge mansion in Barrington, mostly funded by royalties from Disney songs.

I firmly believe that song is played most often...considering it's on a loop for like 12-14 hours a day at multiple parks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:27 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
About half way through that ride I became irrationally concerned that I would be trapped in the small world forever. Pretty sure that song is banned by the Geneva convention.

My understanding is that the CIA uses it while waterboarding.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Must be pretty old. It was written in like 1962-63.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

That is correct. Joe Orr is pretty old.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

My understanding is that the CIA uses it while waterboarding.

Must be one of of those Advanced interrogation techniques we hear so little about.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Must be pretty old. It was written in like 1962-63.

He's probably in his mid-eighties now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:57 am 
100000 CLUB

My wife and I found a giant yet friendly Pit/American Bulldog mix running down a busy street yesterday evening. I posted on FB and it made the rounds with MANY shares (IMU and a couple others from here shared the post). Today a friend of a friend of a FB Friend tracked the owners down, and I was able to call the lady to tell her what shelter we had taken the dog to. It sounds as though a happy reunion should take place this morning. We are very happy that we were able to participate on social media for something good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Frank Coztansa wrote:
My wife and I found a giant yet friendly Pit/American Bulldog mix running down a busy street yesterday evening. I posted on FB and it made the rounds with MANY shares (IMU and a couple others from here shared the post). Today a friend of a friend of a FB Friend tracked the owners down, and I was able to call the lady to tell her what shelter we had taken the dog to. It sounds as though a happy reunion should take place this morning. We are very happy that we were able to participate on social media for something good.

Nice job Frank. Saw your post this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
My oldest daughter got accepted to one of the Selective Enrollment high schools on her list and pretty much every other high school we applied to. I'm excited but now we have to make some tough decisions.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nas wrote:
My oldest daughter got accepted to one of the Selective Enrollment high schools on her list and pretty much every other high school we applied to. I'm excited but now we have to make some tough decisions.

You have one starting HS and one on the way? You like to keep things interesting Mr Nas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

You have one starting HS and one on the way? You like to keep things interesting Mr Nas.

No I don't. I was literally devastated for at least a couple of weeks when I found out. I will have grandkids before this kid is 18. I definitely didn't want that. God had a different plan.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 pm 

Brother in law has a 23 and 1 year old. He almost punched me when I asked him if figured out how old he would be by the time the kid graduated high school.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

No I don't. I was literally devastated for at least a couple of weeks when I found out. I will have grandkids before this kid is 18. I definitely didn't want that. God had a different plan.

My old man has the same thing. He had another one when I was 16.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
My daughter was named a top reader for the month in the Blackhawks' reading program.

She gets a certificate signed by a player and tickets to an upcoming Hawks game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:

May I suggest one of those medical procedures they're always hawking around the NCAA tournament?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

Killer V wrote:
My daughter was named a top reader for the month in the Blackhawks' reading program.

She gets a certificate signed by a player and tickets to an upcoming Hawks game.

Nice!

Trump '24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 118  Next