It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jemele Hill
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
hnd wrote:
so if i make a rule that says that you are not allowed to wash jerry curl hair oil down the shower drains in my homes, that makes me super inclusive because i realize that there are white people who also use jerry curl oil too i'm sure.

It's Jheri Curl, racist.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think leash's argument that people claim others are racist too often is correct(I'll even concede I'm part of that problem sometime). He is absolutely incorrect to use that argument to in any way defend Donald Trump. Donald Trump isn't just incompetent. Donald Trump is a white man with a racist ideology that he's displayed with his public actions and rhetoric on numerous occasions. I don't believe my last sentence is disputable. And he is the fucking President of the United States so any talk trying to differentiate between racist and supremacist based on power is invalidated.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hatchetman wrote:
Well, for decades up to now white supremacist meant white hoods and burning crosses and Bricks through windows. I think that's where some people are getting confused. the definition changed but not everyone got the memo.

That's way outdated now. The new generation of supremacists (think Richard Spencer) buy their clothes at designer stores at the mall. Not joking.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hatchetman wrote:
Well, for decades up to now white supremacist meant white hoods and burning crosses and Bricks through windows. I think that's where some people are getting confused. the definition changed but not everyone got the memo.

If Bricks (BRick & Family) start coming through my Pulte windows, I am going to rage quit this place.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:
I think leash's argument that people claim others are racist too often is correct(I'll even concede I'm part of that problem sometime). He is absolutely incorrect to use that argument to in any way defend Donald Trump. Donald Trump isn't just incompetent. Donald Trump is a white man with a racist ideology that he's displayed with his public actions and rhetoric on numerous occasions. I don't believe my last sentence is disputable. And he is the fucking President of the United States so any talk trying to differentiate between racist and supremacist based on power is invalidated.

But this is also a difference in perception that I argue about with MANY people. I am a big fan of Hanlon's Razor... "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance." MANY of you give way too much credit to others. A woman I work with and am good friends with is like that. She always thinks everyone is up to something or trying to pull one over on her. I always tell her, "No, they're just stupid." I feel this way about Trump. I think most of his statements are attributable to his idiocy. If that makes me some sort of Trump apologist, then our political discourse in this country has gone way off the rails.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:07 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But this is also a difference in perception that I argue about with MANY people. I am a big fan of Hanlon's Razor... "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance." MANY of you give way too much credit to others. A woman I work with and am good friends with is like that. She always thinks everyone is up to something or trying to pull one over on her. I always tell her, "No, they're just stupid." I feel this way about Trump. I think most of his statements are attributable to his idiocy. If that makes me some sort of Trump apologist, then our political discourse in this country has gone way off the rails.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:08 pm 

hnd wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
hnd wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
hnd wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Why not just make a rule about strong food odors?

how very white supremacist of you. cultural exlusionism.

No, quite the opposite. The smell of Currie is not a race or group of people.

In fact Im going out of my way to be inclusive.

semantics.

if bob doesn't staple the forms but sally, joe, and jim do and you make a memo that tells EVERYONE to make sure and staple the forms, you are basically telling to bob to staple the forms but ARE including everyone unnecessarily.

in this example, mexicans, arabs, whiites, blacks, and their food cultures are not the problem. there are probably other reasons you wouldnt' rent to each one of those races (ie whites - couches on the lawn) but ultimately you are trying to make sure the indian race can't rent your homes with a rule regarding spices.

You have either assumed something that's not there or spun into something Im not getting.

No strong food odors of any kind will be tolerated. It's very simple.

You understand white people eat Currie too? They are also out on their ass if im in charge.

so if i make a rule that says that you are not allowed to wash jerry curl hair oil down the shower drains in my homes, that makes me super inclusive because i realize that there are white people who also use jerry curl oil too i'm sure.

You're twisting yourself in a pretzel here.

Anything that physically damages the property is not allowed.

And yes, there are white people who use oil in their hair.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
They were just a product of the times. Mind you, a forward thinking person today(defined as not racist) was pretty much a unicorn in the 1950's/60s. The forward people back then who were on board with Civil Rights movement, etc...many would still be queasy at the concept of interracial marriage. I don't think that makes them bad people, or supremacists looking back. You have to consider the "times" and context.

My dad came to the US in the mid-50s, was able to start a business after a few years, was a leader in hiring blacks downtown and putting them in visible service positions, gave his cooks leeway to add southern items like grits to the menu and developed a tremendous following of black customers including business and political leaders for 35 years. All for civil rights and equality of opportunity, but very harsh on crime and against wide-spread welfare for the able-bodied/minded ("hey, I had $75 when I got here and I spent that on a suit. Nobody offered me welfare.")

The head of the Greek Orthodox Church in North America was on the iconic LIFE magazine photo with Dr. King. I was taught that as a little kid, that what happened with Jim Crow was wrong.

But when I dated a black woman for about nine months last year and early this year, he absolutely and totally lost his shit.

My dad couldn't bring himself to vote for Donald Trump. Not because he thought Trump was a racist or a white supremacist. But because he thought that Trump was a disrespectful moron.

This whole thing is so layered. And reducing it to 15 second sound bites and 140 character generalizations just makes the idiots emboldened to think that they understand the nuances.

Thank you for the personal story. That was exactly my point. Your dad sounds like a "genuine good guy", but I'm sure RPB will be by shortly to remind you he was a White Supremacist.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 pm 

This whole thing is so layered. And reducing it to 15 second sound bites and 140 character generalizations just makes the idiots emboldened to think that they understand the nuances.

Layers and nuance don't go well over here. :lol: For lack of a better expression, things seemingly have to be black or white.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Layers and nuance don't go well over here. :lol: For lack of a better expression, things seemingly have to be black or white.

Shots fired at Rick and FF!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:17 pm 

But when I dated a black woman for about nine months last year and early this year, he absolutely and totally lost his shit.

In your opinion, why did he react that way? Did you ask him?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
things seemingly have to be black or white.

Most of Our Grandparents wrote:
The second one

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Can generally great/good people have bad opinions or do bad things? Is it okay to excuse/rationalize the bad opinions or actions of people because we love them?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm 

My Grandfather as well, was much like Chet's dad. He was in the leadership for the steelworkers union in East Chicago and had a lot of black friends. He was also in local politics so of course he was called "the n''' lover" as an attack against him. Now I"m positive he would NOT have wanted any of his daughters dating a black guy. It's hilarious to think he was a "white supremacists".

Again, regressive left angles like RPB and FF have taken are exactly why Trump won. So many people got tired of being told they were "racist/nazi" etc, etc. It's always black/white, binary, with the regressive left. There is never any room for understanding/thoughtful discussion. It's exhausting to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't think you're a Trump apologist. I just think you're wrong. It doesn't make me think any less of you the same way you thinking Addison Russell was a MLB star didn't make me think anything less of you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Can generally great/good people have bad opinions or do bad things? Is it okay to excuse/rationalize the bad opinions or actions of people because we love them?

I think if we didn't we would love anyone or have any friends.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
My Grandfather as well, was much like Chet's dad. He was in the leadership for the steelworkers union in East Chicago and had a lot of black friends. He was also in local politics so of course he was called "the n''' lover" as an attack against him. Now I"m positive he would NOT have wanted any of his daughters dating a black guy. It's hilarious to think he was a "white supremacists".

Again, regressive left angles like RPB and FF have taken are exactly why Trump won. So many people got tired of being told they were "racist/nazi" etc, etc. It's always black/white, binary, with the regressive left. There is never any room for understanding/thoughtful discussion. It's exhausting to be honest.

I can't stand Trump. Like many "Republicans", he played to a largely white base and so they use coded language and pander to people who are prejudiced. But it is a very big leap to call someone like Trump a white supremacist. Now he may be just that, but I consider him more of a political opportunist.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Wow. This is the most crybaby, angst-filled beta post I've ever seen from you. Stop being such a fucking crybaby and man up and defend your arguments like leash does at least.

Regressive left? That's like when Baby McCown calls anyone who disagrees with him a republican. Maybe you have reading comprehension issues but not one single poster over the last 10 years has ever mistaken me for a leftist apologist. Do better.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Everyone who has posted in this thread agrees that your thoughts on this are laughable.

Just stop.

And to say the left is the BLACK/WHITE side is HILARIOUS.

This is some sort of Andy Kauffman deal you're doing, right?

Oh and no one needs to have a thoughtful dialogue on your grandparents. We all understand why they believed what they did. We just dont need to excuse it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Wow. This is the most crybaby, angst-filled beta post I've ever seen from you. Stop being such a fucking crybaby and man up and defend your arguments like leash does at least.

Regressive left? That's like when Baby McCown calls anyone who disagrees with him a republican. Maybe you have reading comprehension issues but not one single poster over the last 10 years has ever mistaken me for a leftist apologist. Do better.

Yes, very McNownish performance by Bob here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You are acting like leftist apologist in this thread. A hardcore one to boot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:30 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I can't stand Trump. Like many "Republicans", he played to a largely white base and so they use coded language and pander to people who are prejudiced. But it is a very big leap to call someone like Trump a white supremacist. Now he may be just that, but I consider him more of a political opportunist.

Look at Trump's personal history. It's a leap to suggest a man with a history of white supremacist action and rhetoric is a white supremacist? Ok.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:30 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Everyone who has posted in this thread agrees that your thoughts on this are laughable.

Just stop.

And to say the left is the BLACK/WHITE side is HILARIOUS.

This is some sort of Andy Kauffman deal you're doing, right?

Oh and no one needs to have a thoughtful dialogue on your grandparents. We all understand why they believed what they did. We just dont need to excuse it.

Oh, believe me, I'm not seeking any "excuse", "forgiveness" from a simpleton like you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 pm 

On the other hand, I would like to hear the argument for why someone would be upset by the skin color of a family member's significant other.

If not a belief in supremacy of their own race, what is it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think if we didn't we would love anyone or have any friends.

I completely agree. We would have to hate ourselves too. Where do you draw the line though? If my sons were Hitler I would think the things they did were wrong but would likely still make excuses for them and claim that they were great kids.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Oh, believe me, I'm not seeking any "excuse", "forgiveness" from a simpleton like you.

That's not at all what I even suggested, so....ok.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:33 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You are acting like leftist apologist in this thread. A hardcore one to boot.

As usual, you are wrong and have failed in even presenting a counter argument. You're trying to play some weird neutral angle in which you call the president a racist but not a white supremacist while saying the only difference between the two is the power in which they weild. Unlike you, I'm not playing both sides of the fence and being a mealy mouthed bitch. It's ok to call a spade a spade sometime Bob. And feel free to hang around for more politics discussion before labeling someone after one thread, dipshit.

To rock my soul

Caller Bob wrote:
It's always black/white, binary, with the regressive left. There is never any room for understanding/thoughtful discussion. It's exhausting to be honest.

Agreed. I'm not saying anyone here is typically like that, but it certainly is ridiculous when just having an opinion on something automatically labels you as some sort of racist or supremacist. Those types of people are all over the internet accusing everyone else of being Nazis.

There certainly are statements or thoughts that do make someone a racist. If I said that Asians were inferior to whites, that's blatantly and obviously a racist statement. But let's be honest... doesn't that sort of make us all racist? Would everyone sit here and claim they've never complained about certain ethnicities because of stereotypes? Ever in your life? Never made a joke about an Asian driver? There are various shades of racism, and we are all have those shades.

100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Why is it a big leap?

Trump '24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next