It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Chus wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
if you hold the republican party responsible for Trump, you have to hold the democratic party responsible for Clinton.

Okay, I will wear that. She is far from perfect, but she is competent. He is clueless, and it shows every time he opens his mouth. He hasn't even tried to learn about policy.

City of Fools wrote:
You can't be the party of visionaries and run Hillary as your candidate. Neither party is any good at all. They are putting in planks in their party platforms that they think will get their candidate elected. Neither the democrats or republicans care about the actual people voting.

More laziness.

Do you really think that Obama doesn't care about anybody but himself? Here is one example that proves otherwise. He invested $15M into a program to help out people who are struggling in coal mining areas. These are people who hold racist signs at rallies. They have never voted for a Democrat, and never will. But B. Hussein is helping them anyway.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/1610 ... ties-adapt

City of Fools wrote:
Anyone saying they support either party today as constituted should have their head examined. Neither candidate is worse than the other. They're each in their own way equally terrible.

That's all just lazy, too. This type of attitude is what created the monster that is Trump.

One party won't even say the words "climate change" and introduces laws purely designed to discriminate, masquerading as religious freedom. If you think that constitutes no difference, then perhaps it is you who needs to get his head examined.

Trump is probably the worst candidate of all time. He is worse than Hillary, and everybody else in my lifetime.

as I have been saying for months, he's not going to get elected. He's going to lose in a landslide. Why are you worried about a party that has policied itself out of the possibility of electing a presidential candidate? You should be happy...democrats are going to be an even stronger party after this debacle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:20 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You really think it's settled that we survived W?!? I'd posit we are years from possibly recovering from all the bad he brought upon this country almost across the board. If at all possible.

Especially since the politics of hate & the aptly described "deplorabes" they engender keep digging deeper holes for us all.

If you don't think we are all in the same basket of deplorables then you are deluding yourself. Neither party cares about the country or its people. The democrats are just as awful as the republicans.

I outlined 50 years of Republican discrimination against blacks. Don't care to do it much now but anyone that doesn't think there is a difference hasn't been paying attention. False equivalancies about Democrats can't really apply here. Democrats aren't a panacea but they are the best that minorities have given politics as it is presently constituted.

The modern Republican party has never sought the black vote.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
#getgaryto5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:22 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Neither candidate is worse than the other. They're each in their own way equally terrible.

I'll take my chances with the one who prepares for at least the process, if not the actual job and leave others to their false equivalencies.

One is not only an alleged pedophile rapist, but unarguably A Bigot & a racist who would fuck his daughter if social mores allowed, I don't know how anyone matches that.

it's a small thing with sentence structure, but you should start with the knowns and end with the allegations when you start a sentence with "not only".

It's nice to hear very little pushback on "both candidates are terrible" Please help LTG, he struggles with this.

Who is your guy City of Fools? Who would you like to be elected? It can be anyone that you choose.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:
I'm embarrassed by all of this. It's not even entertaining.

I love a good train wreck.

I do too but this is becoming something far worse. Trump is about to destroy the prestige of our highest office and it's making me sick.
Maybe you shouldn't have voted for him then.

You're right. Not that my vote made a difference but I thought it was entertaining at the time and now I'm not feeling the same way.
I tried to save us with Rubio.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
#getgaryto5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
City of Fools wrote:
if you hold the republican party responsible for Trump, you have to hold the democratic party responsible for Clinton.

You can't be the party of visionaries and run Hillary as your candidate. Neither party is any good at all. They are putting in planks in their party platforms that they think will get their candidate elected. Neither the democrats or republicans care about the actual people voting.

Anyone saying they support either party today as constituted should have their head examined. Neither candidate is worse than the other. They're each in their own way equally terrible.

You can. They want to be the party that had the first African American president and the first woman president. They clearly realize that Hillary is their best chance to accomplish that in the next 20 years.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nas wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

You can. They want to be the party that had the first African American president and the first woman president. They clearly realize that Hillary is their best chance to accomplish that in the next 20 years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Quote:
John Kasich:“Nothing that has happened in the last 48 hours is surprising to me or many others. Many people were angry and questioned why I would not endorse Donald Trump or attend the Republican Convention. I’ve long had concerns with Donald Trump that go beyond his temperament. We have substantive policy differences on conservative issues like trade, our relationship with Russia, and the importance of balancing the federal budget. I’ve held out hope that he would change on those disqualifying policy positions, but he has not. I’ve also encouraged him to change his behavior for the better and offer a positive, inclusive vision for our country, but he has not. It’s clear that he hasn’t changed and has no interest in doing so. As a result, Donald Trump is a man I cannot and should not support. The actions of the last day are disgusting, but that’s not why I reached this decision, it has been an accumulation of his words and actions that many have been warning about. I will not vote for a nominee who has behaved in a manner that reflects so poorly on our country. Our country deserves better.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:11 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Quote:
John Kasich:“Nothing that has happened in the last 48 hours is surprising to me or many others. Many people were angry and questioned why I would not endorse Donald Trump or attend the Republican Convention. I’ve long had concerns with Donald Trump that go beyond his temperament. We have substantive policy differences on conservative issues like trade, our relationship with Russia, and the importance of balancing the federal budget. I’ve held out hope that he would change on those disqualifying policy positions, but he has not. I’ve also encouraged him to change his behavior for the better and offer a positive, inclusive vision for our country, but he has not. It’s clear that he hasn’t changed and has no interest in doing so. As a result, Donald Trump is a man I cannot and should not support. The actions of the last day are disgusting, but that’s not why I reached this decision, it has been an accumulation of his words and actions that many have been warning about. I will not vote for a nominee who has behaved in a manner that reflects so poorly on our country. Our country deserves better.”

Without Ohio, Trump has no path.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Quote:
Donald Trump reportedly once ridiculed women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual abuse, saying the former president was a “victim” of “unattractive” women rather than an abuser.

In 1998, Mr Trump appeared on Fox News and said in response to allegations against Mr Clinton, according to the Daily Beast: “The whole thing is just so unattractive. Linda Tripp may be one of the most unattractive human beings I’ve ever seen- not women, human beings. She’s just an unattractive person. This [Lucianne] Goldberg person, her agent or whoever she is, is just a terrible woman.

“You look at Paula Jones, I mean the whole cast of characters. It’s like it’s from Hell. It’s a terrible group of people. The whole group, it’s truly unattractive cast of characters- Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg- I mean, this woman- I watch her on television, just vomiting,” he reportedly added.
“She is so bad. The whole group- Paula Jones, Lewinsky- it’s just a really unattractive group. And I’m not just talking about physical, but I’m also talking about physical.”
Mr Trump then reportedly expressed sympathy with Mr Clinton, saying: “His victims are terrible. He is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You really think it's settled that we survived W?!? I'd posit we are years from possibly recovering from all the bad he brought upon this country almost across the board. If at all possible.

Especially since the politics of hate & the aptly described "deplorabes" they engender keep digging deeper holes for us all.

If you don't think we are all in the same basket of deplorables then you are deluding yourself. Neither party cares about the country or its people. The democrats are just as awful as the republicans.

But only one party has been running & governing based on little more than hate for almost 50 years, so there's that

Yeah only the Republicans run on hate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Quote:

He will likely be our next president in 2020.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

But only one party has been running & governing based on little more than hate for almost 50 years, so there's that

Yeah only the Republicans run on hate

For what office did that guy run?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Quote:

I can live with that. IMO, Kasich was the best of the GOP in this primary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Quote:
"I got along with everybody. I got along with the Clintons, I got along with the Republicans, the Democrats, the liberals, the conservatives. That was my obligation. As a businessman, I had to get along with everybody, and I’ll get along and do that as president," he continued, remarking, "when I needed approvals, when I needed something from Washington, I always got what I wanted, and that’s because I was able to get along with everybody."

Not that Trumps two-facedness needs to be pointed out.

Quote:
After declining to enter the presidential race in 2012, Trump told Fox News' Greta Van Susteren that Clinton had done a great job as secretary of state.
"Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman," he said. "I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she's given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."
Asked whether he would support her in the case of a presidential run, Trump said that he did not "want to get into this because I will get myself into trouble."
"I just like her," Trump remarked, adding the same of the former president. "I like her husband. Her husband made a speech on Monday and was very well received. He is — he is a really good guy, and she's a really good person and woman."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/d ... hip-217191

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Quote:

I could too and he was by a mile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:50 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Neither candidate is worse than the other. They're each in their own way equally terrible.

I'll take my chances with the one who prepares for at least the process, if not the actual job and leave others to their false equivalencies.

One is not only an alleged pedophile rapist, but unarguably A Bigot & a racist who would fuck his daughter if social mores allowed, I don't know how anyone matches that.

it's a small thing with sentence structure, but you should start with the knowns and end with the allegations when you start a sentence with "not only".

It's nice to hear very little pushback on "both candidates are terrible" Please help LTG, he struggles with this.

Who is your guy City of Fools? Who would you like to be elected? It can be anyone that you choose.

Warren Buffett. Give me someone who caters to no one and only cares about making America financially secure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Kasich is a grumpy old douche. No thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Quote:

not if he runs as a republican.

I could too and he was by a mile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Warren Buffett. Give me someone who caters to no one and only cares about making America financially secure.

Joking...right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:59 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Copout choice. Either a guy that won't run or can't win. It's easy to bash the choices of the chosen candidates while essentially sitting on the sidelines.

Just like the Stein and Johnson choices. More people on here advocated for those two crackpots because they has no chance of winning. For a time more people were suggesting a vote for them than both Trump and Hillary combined. How do those two necessarily make country better?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: any / all
I still can't make up my mind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Copout choice. Either a guy that won't run or can't win. It's easy to bash the choices of the chosen candidates while essentially sitting on the sidelines.

Just like the Stein and Johnson choices. More people on here advocated for those two crackpots because they has no chance of winning. For a time more people were suggesting a vote for them than both Trump and Hillary combined. How do those two necessarily make country better?

Johnson would end our position as world policeman and strongly push for marijuana legalization. Both of those two things would be huge for our country.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:06 pm 

you said anyone I chose! I know all the candidates are bad this year. I'm not voting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
you said anyone I chose! I know all the candidates are bad this year. I'm not voting.

Shuttle the fuck up the next 4 years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:15 pm 

Nas wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

check how much I participate in any politics thread, other than election years. I've given up on politicians making my life any better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 126  Next