It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 118  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Today was a big day in the Midget household.

My older son beat out a bunch of older kids to make the regional jazz and concert bands. He was the only kid in his grade to accomplish that feat.

My younger son had his first regular season basketball team today, and we won by one against a pretty tough team who beat us last year. My son had a huge game, scoring half of his team's points and getting twelve steals and ten rebounds. The other team was doing everything they could to stop him, but he almost singlehandedly dismantled them. We played in our home gym, and all of his friends from the younger and older age groups were watching. They went crazy when he stole the ball with 10 seconds left to seal the victory. What a fun game.

Did your son open his mail and drink coffee?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

My older son beat out a bunch of older kids to make the regional jazz and concert bands. He was the only kid in his grade to accomplish that feat.

My younger son had his first regular season basketball team today, and we won by one against a pretty tough team who beat us last year. My son had a huge game, scoring half of his team's points and getting twelve steals and ten rebounds. The other team was doing everything they could to stop him, but he almost singlehandedly dismantled them. We played in our home gym, and all of his friends from the younger and older age groups were watching. They went crazy when he stole the ball with 10 seconds left to seal the victory. What a fun game.

Did your son open his mail and drink coffee?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:

Great to hear Midge.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Great stuff TM. Grats.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Tall Midget wrote:

That's pretty cool.

I always got a dollar for a home run (which was essentially a seeing-eye grounder). What's the going rate for a triple double?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:37 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

My younger son had his first regular season basketball game today, and we won by one against a pretty tough team who beat us last year. My son had a huge game, scoring half of his team's points and getting twelve steals and ten rebounds. The other team was doing everything they could to stop him, but he almost singlehandedly dismantled them. We played in our home gym, and all of his friends from the younger and older age groups were watching. They went crazy when he stole the ball with 10 seconds left to seal the victory. What a fun game.

Awesome and congrats to the Little Midgets!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thanks, guys (and Tommy)!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tall Midget wrote:

My younger son had his first regular season basketball game today, and we won by one against a pretty tough team who beat us last year. My son had a huge game, scoring half of his team's points and getting twelve steals and ten rebounds. The other team was doing everything they could to stop him, but he almost singlehandedly dismantled them. We played in our home gym, and all of his friends from the younger and older age groups were watching. They went crazy when he stole the ball with 10 seconds left to seal the victory. What a fun game.

Nice...congrats Midge!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:

Nice!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Another dominant performance by my kid tonight. We were down three starters due to illness, but it didn't matter. The opposing team couldn't score when my kid was on the court, and that was that. We silenced a rowdy gym, beat another team that defeated us last year, and walked out 2-0 with an early-season showdown against the defending division champion tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Harvard Dan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I am no longer the worst youth sports coach in the world.

I recently began my second season as a coach for my younger son's CYO basketball team, and my kids have eviscerated their first two opponents in preseason practice games despite being younger and significantly less experienced. We are playing an aggressive, trapping defense and the kids have really begun to excel at forcing turnovers and scoring on fast breaks. Our league is extremely tough, so who knows how things will shake out, but I love the intensity, the understanding of how to compete, and the desire to improve that the kids are showing. Coaching this team is really fun and has provided a much needed respite from obsessing about some serious family health issues.

Yeah...I switched from the Villanova 1-2-2 to a 1-3-1 back to man and it's been fun. Two more wins for the kids and they earn the trophy...

Finish was the word of the week and the lads did. A bucket away from running clocking the coach who told me last year when his team beat us in the championship that winning the semi was my championship. Undefeated and first championship in boys basketball for us since we moved into the current building.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:11 am 

Five years ago today my wife decided to marry me. I am lucky and grateful. Bless her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Five years ago today my wife decided to marry me. I am lucky and grateful. Bless her.

She's not reading the board. No reason to lie. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:26 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Another dominant performance by my kid tonight. We were down three starters due to illness, but it didn't matter. The opposing team couldn't score when my kid was on the court, and that was that. We silenced a rowdy gym, beat another team that defeated us last year, and walked out 2-0 with an early-season showdown against the defending division champion tomorrow morning.

In general, I'm not a fan of silencing anyone, but eff those people. Revenge is sweet. Congrats, Coach.
Harvard Dan wrote:
Finish was the word of the week and the lads did. A bucket away from run-clocking the coach who told me last year when his team beat us in the championship that winning the semi was my championship. Undefeated and first championship in boys basketball for us since we moved into the current building.
I made some small stylistic changes to your post, but nice job!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I know you’re jesting Nas, but they were genuinely happy when I met them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:29 am 

denisdman wrote:

Yep and time flies Denis.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:37 am 

denisdman wrote:

hold up

also, congrats mike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Harvard Dan wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I recently began my second season as a coach for my younger son's CYO basketball team, and my kids have eviscerated their first two opponents in preseason practice games despite being younger and significantly less experienced. We are playing an aggressive, trapping defense and the kids have really begun to excel at forcing turnovers and scoring on fast breaks. Our league is extremely tough, so who knows how things will shake out, but I love the intensity, the understanding of how to compete, and the desire to improve that the kids are showing. Coaching this team is really fun and has provided a much needed respite from obsessing about some serious family health issues.

Yeah...I switched from the Villanova 1-2-2 to a 1-3-1 back to man and it's been fun. Two more wins for the kids and they earn the trophy...

Finish was the word of the week and the lads did. A bucket away from running clocking the coach who told me last year when his team beat us in the championship that winning the semi was my championship. Undefeated and first championship in boys basketball for us since we moved into the current building.

Congrats to our duo of budding Bobby Knight's!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Congrats to our duo of budding Bobby Knight's!!

:lol: :lol:

Nice work, Harvard Dan!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:06 am 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

Unfortunately, our undermanned squad lost a close game to our talented and very well coached opponent last weekend. We had no subs and hung in there until the end of the game, but the kids ultimately got worn down by the opposing team's patient ball movement and disciplined zone defense.

The outlook for this weekend continues to be uncertain. We still have some sick kids, and our second-best player missed practice last night after being suspended from school for disciplinary reasons. My son is very good friends with this child, so I have known him for several years. He is a sweet boy who gravitated to my son from an early age, but he has always had a mercurial temperament, and his recent behavior has been increasingly erratic. Like other parents in our community, I am growing concerned over what the future holds for him.

On the bright side, my son has continued to play at a high level and has shown a knack for making big plays at key moments. Several parents and coaches have commented to me that they love to watch him on the court because he plays so hard and so smart. Needless to say, I am a very proud dad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:36 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Unfortunately, our undermanned squad lost a close game to our talented and very well coached opponent last weekend. We had no subs and hung in there until the end of the game, but the kids ultimately got worn down by the opposing team's patient ball movement and disciplined zone defense.

The outlook for this weekend continues to be uncertain. We still have some sick kids, and our second-best player missed practice last night after being suspended from school for disciplinary reasons. My son is very good friends with this child, so I have known him for several years. He is a sweet boy who gravitated to my son from an early age, but he has always had a mercurial temperament, and his recent behavior has been increasingly erratic. Like other parents in our community, I am growing concerned over what the future holds for him.

On the bright side, my son has continued to play at a high level and has shown a knack for making big plays at key moments. Several parents and coaches have commented to me that they love to watch him on the court because he plays so hard and so smart. Needless to say, I am a very proud dad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:00 pm 

You guys will be glad to know I just got in my Knight Bobble head that includes the white stripe shirt and a chair

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
You guys will be glad to know I just got in my Knight Bobble head that includes the white stripe shirt and a chair

I'll let everyone know when we come out with our line of TM branded merchandise...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

My kid has started using spin moves as well as behind-the-back and between-the-legs dribbles over the past few games. It's been fun to hear the crowd react with amazement to some of his better drives. He has really elevated his ball handling and shooting. Our team is rolling.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:49 am 
100000 CLUB

Lil Pistol Midget.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:08 pm 

One Post wrote:
Yesterday Mrs. Post walked into the home office where I was working and asked me to come upstairs to talk about something. I could tell it wasn’t run of the mill stuff, but figured our oldest son Two Post (8) said or asked something that was a difficult proposition. When I went upstairs Mrs. Post showed me a pregnancy test.

I have always wanted a third child, Mrs. Post wanted just the two we had (Three Post is 6). She pulls a bit more weight in that decision so I accepted we would have two great kids. I have a blessed, wonderful and fulfilling life in every way, family foremost. I never would have had serious regrets about having only two kids, but would have always though a third would have been icing on the cake. Since shortly after the birth of Three Post we have used, more or less, impenetrable birth control so it never crossed my mind we would have a third kid because Mrs. Post has always made her feelings known when I have broached the subject.

We have a long way to go and at this point the outcome is more likely to end in disappointment due to age and some other issues, but yesterday was and probably forever will be the happiest day of my life. We obviously can’t tell anyone IRL anytime soon, but I had to tell someone.

At 11:06 AM today Three Post entered the world. By all indications she is completely healthy. The other two Post children are excited to have a little sister and already got to hold her in the hospital. Mrs. Post did great and is resting well.

Dad Post is probably the happiest human on the planet today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:10 pm 

Congrats to you Post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

One Post wrote:
One Post wrote:
Yesterday Mrs. Post walked into the home office where I was working and asked me to come upstairs to talk about something. I could tell it wasn’t run of the mill stuff, but figured our oldest son Two Post (8) said or asked something that was a difficult proposition. When I went upstairs Mrs. Post showed me a pregnancy test.

I have always wanted a third child, Mrs. Post wanted just the two we had (Three Post is 6). She pulls a bit more weight in that decision so I accepted we would have two great kids. I have a blessed, wonderful and fulfilling life in every way, family foremost. I never would have had serious regrets about having only two kids, but would have always though a third would have been icing on the cake. Since shortly after the birth of Three Post we have used, more or less, impenetrable birth control so it never crossed my mind we would have a third kid because Mrs. Post has always made her feelings known when I have broached the subject.

We have a long way to go and at this point the outcome is more likely to end in disappointment due to age and some other issues, but yesterday was and probably forever will be the happiest day of my life. We obviously can’t tell anyone IRL anytime soon, but I had to tell someone.

At 11:06 AM today Three Post entered the world. By all indications she is completely healthy. The other two Post children are excited to have a little sister and already got to hold her in the hospital. Mrs. Post did great and is resting well.

Dad Post is probably the happiest human on the planet today.

Congrats Post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Congrats to you & the family.

Could have timed it better for taxes, but congrats nonetheless.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3532 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 118  Next