It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Why do we need to modify these words?

What is the point of "social" injustice? Wouldn't it be good enough to say you are against injustice? Or are there other kinds of injustice that you support?

What is the difference between a "lived" experience and a simple experience? Aren't all experiences lived?

Joe Orr Road Kierkegaard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
I am okay with them kneeling just not this Sunday. This Sunday is something special,put it on hold for a day of remembrance.

Plus, I don't understand what the big deal was with Rosa Parks sitting on the back of the bus. Almost every bus I get on all the blacks are on the back anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So we have people here who believe that the police don't treat people of color diffetently?

And to those saying "what does this change? There will always be social injustice"

Couldn't you have said that to Rosa Parks?

Troll?

Welcome back. Troll away.... :lol:

The issue Rosa Parks raised was widely known about before her move on the bus and there would be social injustice after her.

People have given those exact reasons to diminish or mock CK

Except Rosa Parks wasn't the first one to do it. The first one was a pregnant teenager and that didn't fit a nice molded PR image like Rosa Parks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
So we have people here who believe that the police don't treat people of color diffetently?

And to those saying "what does this change? There will always be social injustice"

Troll?

The issue Rosa Parks raised was widely known about before her move on the bus and there would be social injustice after her.

I see it as an empty protest. Just I see most people who "support" him as unwilling to really change anything. Assuming sitting down made us all aware of this problem, what are we going to do now? I mention abolishing or radically altering the way we police, and the idea is ridiculed. I'm gonna guess Kaepernick likes the status quo when it comes right down to it. If we really address the issues he's supposedly so concerned about, he probably ain't gonna get VIP treatment at Chicago Cut.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

He said many different things. And what does held accountable mean? Had several of them investigated. Even in the case of George Zimmerman, which started this, the man was brought to trail. Acquitted, but brought to trial.

I looked it up again, and it was 26 percent. Meanwhile black men were arrested for 51 percept of the total murders in the US in 2014. So violent encounters probably skew the statistics.

Do you believe that police departments are targeting black people for execution? What would they gain from that? The average payout is above $3 million for every incident.

Who said anything about execution?

They're quicker to shoot with dark skinned people. Which is why 13% of population make up 25% (at least) of shootings.

And you seem way to smart to think electing Obama means institutional racism is not a problem

Oh and as far as accountability,, it would be nice if someone was held responsible for Freddy Gray's (coury ruled) homicide.

Kap did. He literally said people are being murdered in the streets, without accountability. And I do not think that a straight population comparison proves anything, when black men are accused in half the murders in the country. I don't think that the singular causation of "institutional racism" explains these numbers. I think it's mostly economic neglect, which struck black communities first because they were the most vulnerable. But it's spreading quickly.

Kap is protesting a symbol of the federal government and military that is headed by a black man elected by us. I don't think kneeling for the exaggerated problem of police killing black people is much of a cause. If he said police should stop carrying guns. Or they need to end stop and frisk it would have been an actual protest of sorts. If he refused to play it would be much more significant.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

If he refused to play it would be much more significant.

There it is. What's he really putting on the line? He's not Rosa Parks. He's not Muhammad Ali. His downside is a little bad press and maybe losing an endorsement.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He's also donating over a million dollars to inner city programs. He's not Cam Newton. If he refused to play he would just be released and lose the platform he currently has.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

There it is. What's he really putting on the line? He's not Rosa Parks. He's not Muhammad Ali. His downside is a little bad press and maybe losing an endorsement.

If he refused to play, critics would say his protest makes no sense since his grievance doesn't lie with the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

He said many different things. And what does held accountable mean? Had several of them investigated. Even in the case of George Zimmerman, which started this, the man was brought to trail. Acquitted, but brought to trial.

I looked it up again, and it was 26 percent. Meanwhile black men were arrested for 51 percept of the total murders in the US in 2014. So violent encounters probably skew the statistics.

Do you believe that police departments are targeting black people for execution? What would they gain from that? The average payout is above $3 million for every incident.

They're quicker to shoot with dark skinned people. Which is why 13% of population make up 25% (at least) of shootings.

And you seem way to smart to think electing Obama means institutional racism is not a problem

Oh and as far as accountability,, it would be nice if someone was held responsible for Freddy Gray's (coury ruled) homicide.

I think you are confused.

No court has, or will in all probability, rule his death to have been a homicide.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't understand repeatedly invoking Ali. Very few athletes have ever sacrificed what he did. It seems like MANY in this thread think because they have a better idea for how Kap could have protested, his protest is meaningless.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

If he refused to play, critics would say his protest makes no sense since his grievance doesn't lie with the NFL.

Probably true.

I don't care if Kaepernick stands on his head during the anthem. I just don't see him as some kind of brave hero or civil rights icon. Also, as I mentioned before, I don't really see the custom of standing and removing one's cap for the anthem as anything more than social grace at this point. I'm sure there are "patriots" who hoot and holler during the song at every Hawks game who find Kaepernick contemptible. Fuck them too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
I don't understand repeatedly invoking Ali. Very few athletes have ever sacrificed what he did. It seems like MANY in this thread think because they have a better idea for how Kap could have protested, his protest is meaningless.

Again, I don't care about him sitting. I'm not angry about it. But a protest has to have some weight to it. DiCaro thinks she's doing something for women with her Twitter account too. You don't give her the same respect you're giving this goof.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Again, I don't care about him sitting. I'm not angry about it. But a protest has to have some weight to it. DiCaro thinks she's doing something for women with her Twitter account too. You don't give her the same respect you're giving this goof.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
rogers park bryan wrote:

Kap did. He literally said people are being murdered in the streets, without accountability. And I do not think that a straight population comparison proves anything, when black men are accused in half the murders in the country. I don't think that the singular causation of "institutional racism" explains these numbers. I think it's mostly economic neglect, which struck black communities first because they were the most vulnerable. But it's spreading quickly.

Kap is protesting a symbol of the federal government and military that is headed by a black man elected by us. I don't think kneeling for the exaggerated problem of police killing black people is much of a cause. If he said police should stop carrying guns. Or they need to end stop and frisk it would have been an actual protest of sorts. If he refused to play it would be much more significant.

Can you provide a source for your stats?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hussra wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

What is the point of "social" injustice? Wouldn't it be good enough to say you are against injustice? Or are there other kinds of injustice that you support?

What is the difference between a "lived" experience and a simple experience? Aren't all experiences lived?

Joe Orr Road Kierkegaard

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
chaspoppcap wrote:
Plus, I don't understand what the big deal was with Rosa Parks sitting on the back of the bus. Almost every bus I get on all the blacks are on the back anyway.

Christ on a stick!!!! The big deal was that they were segregated to the back of the bus. Not by choice. The protest now opened up the ability of anyone to sit anywhere they fucking choose...

You really are quite dense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:50 am 

Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I think you are confused.

No court has, or will in all probability, rule his death to have been a homicide.

Medical examiner ruled it a homicide, not the court. My mistake.

Those cops gave him a "rough ride" and he died because of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Troll?

I see it as an empty protest. Just I see most people who "support" him as unwilling to really change anything. Assuming sitting down made us all aware of this problem, what are we going to do now? I mention abolishing or radically altering the way we police, and the idea is ridiculed. I'm gonna guess Kaepernick likes the status quo when it comes right down to it. If we really address the issues he's supposedly so concerned about, he probably ain't gonna get VIP treatment at Chicago Cut.

Thats fine

That its a "known problem" and that "there will always be social injustice" are bad reasons to give in criticizing the protest

And of course he's not Rosa Parks and I know you know I wasn't making a 1:1 comparison. It was an example to show why those reasons are not valid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:04 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Kap is protesting a symbol of the federal government and military that is headed by a black man elected by us. I don't think kneeling fois [/b]much of a cause. If he said police should stop carrying guns. Or they need to end stop and frisk it would have been an actual protest of sorts. If he refused to play it would be much more significant.

Well, we have a fundamental disagreement on the bolded part.

And to ask if wec think its "execution and targeting black people" is a leap. Doesn't have to be that. Having a way quicker trigger finger with certain groups is a problem.

And as far as percentages of who is arrested for violent crimes, I think you have to delve a little deeper and
think about why that number is what it is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:49 am 
Site Admin

Hussra wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Joe Orr Road Kierkegaard

Once you label me, you negate me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Joe Orr Road Kierkegaard

Once you label me, you negate me.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=102143

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Serious question. How much airplay on the news did the off duty cop who got shot at 31st and Loomis get. He was based on video evidence stalked by people from the stationhouse at 31st and Halsted. Looks like the BLM thugs are stepping up their game. Plus,there are reports coming out of suspicious vehicles cruising around station houses on Southside officer parking lots with persons video taping licence plates and people walking around lots taking down numbers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Rob Lowe does that roast, reminds everyone he had an underage girl sex scandal and now a whole new generation has trolling fodder to post when he tries to grandstand on twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Here is the Washington Post police shooting database: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2016/

Looks like it is now 24% of people shot by the police were black. I do not see the numbers as a conspiracy against black people as the NFL protesters seem to.

Here are the FBI numbers on violence. 52 percent of murders where committed by black people.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... icide-data

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 pm 

Pretty much what my friends who work the west side told me they deal with daily.

From the article:

Chicago cops regularly encounter aggressive hostility when they leave their vehicles. In August a Chicago Tribune reporter filmed a group of teens taunting officers for over an hour while the cops investigated a shooting on the West Side. “F--- the police!” went one chant. “Get the f--- off my block!” came another insult. Someone fired off shots in a nearby alley for the fun of seeing cops run toward another possible victim. “Run, b----, run!” a shirtless male shouted as the officers took off in a sprint.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
conns7901 wrote:
Pretty much what my friends who work the west side told me they deal with daily.

From the article:

Chicago cops regularly encounter aggressive hostility when they leave their vehicles. In August a Chicago Tribune reporter filmed a group of teens taunting officers for over an hour while the cops investigated a shooting on the West Side. “F--- the police!” went one chant. “Get the f--- off my block!” came another insult. Someone fired off shots in a nearby alley for the fun of seeing cops run toward another possible victim. “Run, b----, run!” a shirtless male shouted as the officers took off in a sprint.

In fairness though. Fuck the police.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

From the article:

Thats unfortunate but its kind of one sided. Is there maybe a reason for the hostility towards police?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 pm 

Here is the Washington Post police shooting database: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2016/

Looks like it is now 24% of people shot by the police were black. I do not see the numbers as a conspiracy against black people as the NFL protesters seem to.

Here are the FBI numbers on violence. 52 percent of murders where committed by black people.

Not a conspiracy. Certain people just value certain lives more than others. Some of those people are cops.

Again, those numbers are who was arrested and convicted for murder, not necessarily who commited them. (Meaning unsolved murders and people who weren't convicted are not included)

Maybe there's a reason black people are arrested for murder at a higher clip?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:49 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:

Not a conspiracy. Certain people just value certain lives more than others. Some of those people are cops.

Again, those numbers are who was arrested and convicted for murder, not necessarily who commited them. (Meaning unsolved murders and people who weren't convicted are not included)

Maybe there's a reason black people are arrested for murder at a higher clip?

It sounds as if you are saying that black men don't actually commit murder at a higher rate, but I'm sure that's not what you meant. Because I think you know they do. But of course there is a reason. Black people have been shoved to the bottom for 600 years.

And really, it all comes down to money. People are judged on how much they have. For an American man, not much else really matters, does it? Dennis and others can champion the greatness of capitalism as much as they want, but they need to own the negatives too.

Do you really think some kid on the West side of Chicago dreams about growing up to become a crack dealer? He just wants money like everyone else. Nobody "chooses" to live a lifestyle where he has to kill people or might get killed himself because he is just born evil. It's not like, "Hey, let's see, I can be CEO of Google or I can sling crack rock and kill people, I think I'll go with the crack!" No, he wants that nice big screen and new car just like you and he's taking the opportunities available to him to get those things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:09 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

From the article:

Thats unfortunate but its kind of one sided. Is there maybe a reason for the hostility towards police?

don't fool yourself, most of that neighborhood is thrilled that they are there

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 34  Next