It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
storkinastorm wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
I don't believe there are any solutions.
You believe there is nothing that can be done to help possibly prevent people from walking into a school and slaughtering MANY children?

Terrible thought.

You describing the horrific nature of the crime doesn't make it any more preventable. Earthquakes are horrific, too, but we can't prevent them.

It's clear you also don't believe it yourself since you have to preface by saying it might "help possibly." That doesn't sound convincing.

Comparing a natural disaster to tools that are manmade is real convincing. You're probably one of those loons who believed Obama sent the tornado to those schools in Moore, OK.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: My own
Kirkwood wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm open to any suggestions on gun control. Maybe we ban something. Ogie just keeps undercutting all of the sensible gun owners with the idea that fully automatic weapons suck anyways.

Darkside provided his input as a gun enthusiast. Agree or disagree his ideas seems more productive to spurring a discussion than Ogie. Ogie seems to be terrified any suggestion for change means he may no longer be able to raise a militia and and shoot the Government™.

Have you or anyone else addressed the fact that we have lots of laws on the books but they aren't enforced properly (or if they are, they don't stop mass murders)? What good would it do to make more laws?

The current laws are ineffectual. Give some solutions that would be. As Ogie has pointed out automatic weapons aren't good at mass killings so let's have some more effective solutions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why is that funny? There is nothing the Federal government can do to stop mass shootings, IMO. You may disagree, but if you find it controversial, you just can't handle differing views.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
You believe there is nothing that can be done to help possibly prevent people from walking into a school and slaughtering MANY children?

Terrible thought.

You describing the horrific nature of the crime doesn't make it any more preventable. Earthquakes are horrific, too, but we can't prevent them.

It's clear you also don't believe it yourself since you have to preface by saying it might "help possibly." That doesn't sound convincing.

Comparing a natural disaster to tools that are manmade is real convincing. You're probably one of those loons who believed Obama sent the tornado to those schools in Moore, OK.

Just because you are too dumb to understand the analogy doesn't mean you should go making things up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:52 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
In any case, if and when the U.S. government turns to dictatorship it won't be in the face of a built in #Resistance to the potential dictator. It will be a person who has widespread support and huge popularity.

Hitler didn't have widespread support.

I'm pretty sure he did.

Yeah, that's an awfully bad take by Hank.

Look at the numbers. They were losing seats until the SS started killing people.

A gun to the head seems like a good way to convince someone to support you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

storkinastorm wrote:
Just because you are too dumb to understand the analogy doesn't mean you should go making things up.
Natural disasters are just that, natural.

Explain to the "dumb" people here exactly what is natural about using a gun to murder many people at once.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Natural disasters are just that, natural.

Explain to the "dumb" people here exactly what is natural about using a gun to murder many people at once.

You are proving my point.

The analogy was regarding appealing to how horrific the event was to prove that it's not solvable (which makes no sense). Manmade or not, more horrific does not equal more solvable.

You're free to respond, but I'm going to ask you to try to grasp the point of the comparison and take that into account when you respond. If you need help, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:58 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Wow.

There is no point in conversing with you any more, and I'm sorry I even took it this far.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prev ... 1823016659

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
We do have gun control in this country. It's called background checks. Don't blame gun owners when the government is too incompetent to properly perform them.

Heck, if that asshole sheriff in Broward County did his job on any of his 25-30 calls to the residence his dept received, they could have charged Cruz thus ensuring he would have been prevented from purchasing a firearm. By not doing jack shit about him, they ensured he would pass any background check as he had no record.

Solutions seems very simple rather than blaming government. Rather than being so inept that the government interferes, the gun industry could innovate? For example, the auto industry is doing very well in introducing MANY safety features without being ordered by the government.

Are gun manufacturers exploring ways to ensure safer use of their guns? Or is it easier to just cry about government?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
how do you make a gun safer. and if you stray into bullshit science fiction/james bond territory you have to kill yourself (please stray).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:45 pm 

America wrote:
how do you make a gun safer. and if you stray into bullshit science fiction/james bond territory you have to kill yourself (please stray).

Make all guns fully automatic since they are so ineffective.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:50 pm 

America wrote:

OK, so we're going to go with cry about government or move to France choices.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

this is true nonsense and makes no sense.

you are shook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

:lol: This is the prototype for the absurd BRick argument.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Ogie has literally said that about the AR15 and automatic weapons.

Why is it absurd?

I just think it's funny that I get that type of reaction and yet you and others who question me completely ignore what Ogie says about some things. Even Darkside could only give an "Oy...." to something Ogie said that was pretty horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:20 pm 

America wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

you are shook

america: how do you make gun safer but you aren't allowed to suggest using technology.
kirkwood: ...
america: you are shook!

great talk. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
To answer your question, making it fully auto makes it more dangerous in an accidental discharge shooting or hunting. While I believe a rifle being fully auto makes it less effective in mass murder. The scenarios aren't mutually exclusive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:33 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

you are shook

!

america: how do you make gun safer but you aren't allowed to suggest using technology.
kirkwood: FRANCE
america: uh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:34 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
We do have gun control in this country. It's called background checks. Don't blame gun owners when the government is too incompetent to properly perform them.

Heck, if that asshole sheriff in Broward County did his job on any of his 25-30 calls to the residence his dept received, they could have charged Cruz thus ensuring he would have been prevented from purchasing a firearm. By not doing jack shit about him, they ensured he would pass any background check as he had no record.

Solutions seems very simple rather than blaming government. Rather than being so inept that the government interferes, the gun industry could innovate? For example, the auto industry is doing very well in introducing MANY safety features without being ordered by the government.

Are gun manufacturers exploring ways to ensure safer use of their guns? Or is it easier to just cry about government?

Why are those auto manufacturers adding those safety features?

Also, do you know whether gun manufacturers are doing the same? Your question reads as though you know the answer. Have you researched it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 pm 

America wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

you are shook

!

kirkwood: FRANCE
america: uh

oy, sounds like your raging at mens figure skating is leaking to all topics. time to take a break and grab a coffee and croissant.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

Ogie has literally said that about the AR15 and automatic weapons.

Why is it absurd?

I just think it's funny that I get that type of reaction and yet you and others who question me completely ignore what Ogie says about some things. Even Darkside could only give an "Oy...." to something Ogie said that was pretty horrible.

Oh my goodness. Fully automatic fire is imprecise, but it doesn't make the bullets less deadly. You're being absurd and you know it.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:37 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
To answer your question, making it fully auto makes it more dangerous in an accidental discharge shooting or hunting. While I believe a rifle being fully auto makes it less effective in mass murder. The scenarios aren't mutually exclusive.

Thank you.

So, we banned fully automatic guns and we made hunting accidents less likely but we made mass shootings more effective. That sucks. Maybe we should find some solutions to make mass shootings less effective now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:44 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Oh my goodness. Filly automatic fire is imprecise, but it doesn't make the bullets less deadly. You're being absurd and you know it.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I think most gun owners were fine with the trade as automatic fire is pretty useless in most situations. All it does is throw off your aim after the 3rd round (muzzle climb resulting form recoil) and result in you expending your ammunition quickly. About the only tactical situation you would use automatic fire is when you are laying down covering fire.

To me, "pretty useless" = "ineffective". In fact, "pretty useless" may actually be worse than ineffective.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Ogie can say whatever he wants and people like you and JORR ignore it. Go find the post he made about the best use of police and their own weapons if you don't believe me. Even Darkside didn't say anything but "Oy...." and yet I say what I said and you say I'm being absurd.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 pm 
Oh my goodness. Filly automatic fire is imprecise, but it doesn't make the bullets less deadly. You're being absurd and you know it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:56 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I think most gun owners were fine with the trade as automatic fire is pretty useless in most situations. All it does is throw off your aim after the 3rd round (muzzle climb resulting form recoil) and result in you expending your ammunition quickly. About the only tactical situation you would use automatic fire is when you are laying down covering fire.

To me, "pretty useless" = "ineffective". In fact, "pretty useless" may actually be worse than ineffective.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Ogie can say whatever he wants and people like you and JORR ignore it. Go find the post he made about the best use of police and their own weapons if you don't believe me. Even Darkside didn't say anything but "Oy...." and yet I say what I said and you say I'm being absurd.

Yes, you said making all weapons fully automatic would make them safer. That's patently absurd, and you know it. Stop talking about Ogie regarding this. Your absurdity stands on its own.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:02 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yes, you said making all weapons fully automatic would make them safer. That's patently absurd, and you know it. Stop talking about Ogie regarding this. Your absurdity stands on its own.
It was a direct reference to what Ogie said, so I'll keep talking about it.

Ok, it would make them "pretty useless". Is that better?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

It was a direct reference to what Ogie said, so I'll keep talking about it.

Ok, it would make them "pretty useless". Is that better?

No, Ogie talked about their usefulness (contextually speaking to their ability to be precise, which you also know), but you spoke specifically to safety. That's why you should stop talking about what Ogie said if you want to continue with your asinine arguing about the safety of fully automatic fire.

Funny, I didn't actually think "three games instead of four" would be your peak as a poster, but the more and more you trot out this awful shtick, it appears that it may have been.

Make BRick Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm 

:lol: Just admit you were wrong instead of laughingly lame insults like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't think I was wrong labeling "automatic fire will make guns safer" as absurd.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:37 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't think I was wrong labeling "automatic fire will make guns safer" as absurd.

Claiming you need these weapons because you are going to open up on the 82nd Airborne is also absurd, but oddly you aren't going after that stuff. Do better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next