It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegas bloodbath
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
casual fan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Just light in the abortion debate, advocates on either side realize that giving up an inch is a slippery slope. That is why the NRA fights so hard even on issues that many of see as reasonable controls.

100% agree with this and it's why 2 sides of any issue in this country can't ever agree on anything. The instant one side says "you're right, we don't need X, it should be banned. The other says "great! , now let's talk about Y". That's why regular everyday gun owners will support the NRA (or other people supporting the extreme advocates of their particular cause).

On a separate note, the semi-auto thing does scare a lot of people. They hear semi-automatic and envision Al Pacino in Scarface. I own 1 gun. It was my grandfather's 12 gauge for deer hunting. It holds a grand total of 3 slugs at a time. It's semi-auto though.

Casual fan and casual gun owner.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
casual fan wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Just light in the abortion debate, advocates on either side realize that giving up an inch is a slippery slope. That is why the NRA fights so hard even on issues that many of see as reasonable controls.

100% agree with this and it's why 2 sides of any issue in this country can't ever agree on anything. The instant one side says "you're right, we don't need X, it should be banned. The other says "great! , now let's talk about Y". That's why regular everyday gun owners will support the NRA (or other people supporting the extreme advocates of their particular cause).

On a separate note, the semi-auto thing does scare a lot of people. They hear semi-automatic and envision Al Pacino in Scarface. I own 1 gun. It was my grandfather's 12 gauge for deer hunting. It holds a grand total of 3 slugs at a time. It's semi-auto though.

The media and the left have many people scared of things that are just not correct. Like a big black assault rifle being more dangerous than a deer hunting rifle. Or as was mentioned yesterday some guy has 500 rounds of ammo!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
SuperMario wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
I want to have my own nukes. Everybody cool with that?

I think MANY around here are disturbed that you own a keyboard. For my part, I find you entertaining.

Haha. Your response was better than any I could have come up with. :lol:

the really funny thing is, in person, Baby McNown is a good guy. Met him long ago at a B&B remote.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:
casual fan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The media and the left have many people scared of things that are just not correct. Like a big black assault rifle being more dangerous than a deer hunting rifle. Or as was mentioned yesterday some guy has 500 rounds of ammo!

That's with anything though. The media and right have many people scared of things that are just not correct. Like a gay or black person being more dangerous than a straight or white person.

A lot of misinformation of every side :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:11 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:
casual fan wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That's with anything though. The media and right have many people scared of things that are just not correct. Like a gay or black person being more dangerous than a straight or white person.

A lot of misinformation of every side :D

I suppose. Yo don't have to be afraid of gays though. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
City of Fools wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

I think MANY around here are disturbed that you own a keyboard. For my part, I find you entertaining.

the really funny thing is, in person, Baby McNown is a good guy. Met him long ago at a B&B remote.

I am all good with Baby too. We have engaged in rational discussions several times. But he certainly antagonizes certain people around here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
denisdman wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

I am all good with Baby too. We have engaged in rational discussions several times. But he certainly antagonizes certain people around here.

So you can't like him because THEY don't like him?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
So you know how the gun grabbers love pointing to Australia... perhaps not a country we want to emulate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/worl ... &smtyp=cur

They are about to create a database where everyone who gets a driver's license will be added to a facial recognition database. Nothing Orwellian or authoritarian here from our sadly powerless and disarmed Aussies.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
So you know how the gun grabbers love pointing to Australia... perhaps not a country we want to emulate.

They are about to create a database where everyone who gets a driver's license will be added to a facial recognition database. Nothing Orwellian or authoritarian here from our sadly powerless and disarmed Aussies.

If I am not mistaken, that exists in Illinois. My drivers license photo is stored electronically, in a database.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:23 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Are you talking to me? Seriously, I can't see how you would come to the conclusion that I don't like him from what I posted. On balance, I am neutral. He doesn't bother me at all, and I find him entertaining at times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

he said he finds him entertaining.

Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

If I am not mistaken, that exists in Illinois. My drivers license photo is stored electronically, in a database.

That's pretty fucking scary if true. This is 3D recognition though so CCTV cameras can track your movement. I don't know if that's what you're referring to in Illinois. That's what Australia will have though.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

damn. Denis going out of his way to not just say "I like Baby Mac"

very telling.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:25 pm 

it's clear to me, again, having met the guy, that he's playing a caricature of himself here. He's a lot like IMU gets at times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:25 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

That's pretty fucking scary if true. This is 3D recognition though so CCTV cameras can track your movement. I don't know if that's what you're referring to in Illinois. That's what Australia will have though.

It is but if you didnt even know about it, soooo....

If an over reaching govt stores your info in the forest and no one sees it, does it make a sound?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
it's clear to me, again, having met the guy, that he's playing a caricature of himself here. He's a lot like IMU gets at times.

An insult to both guys, simultaneously.

It's like May 1st up in here

denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Are you talking to me? Seriously, I can't see how you would come to the conclusion that I don't like him from what I posted. On balance, I am neutral. He doesn't bother me at all, and I find him entertaining at times.

Nas is tired. His trolling suffers for it.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I mean, you go to the DMV, they take your picture, you sit down, and 10 minutes later it comes out on a printer...well actually they changed it now, it's made offsite, then mailed to you..but I digress..it's not like they are cutting up poloroids and building your license on the spot...the image is stored somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I read the shots you've taken at him. It seemed like you didn't want to piss JORR off. My mistake.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:29 pm 

Ogie where does all this fear/distrust of the goverment get you? All the paranoid/worried shit for nothing. I doubt we are going to have a meltdown "V for Vendenddta" situation in the United States anytime soon, and if we do, it's not going to be stopped anyways. I mean, what's the point?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:33 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

So the only way for this democratic society to stop this process is to start shooting other citizens of their country?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I read the shots you've taken at him. It seemed like you didn't want to piss JORR off. My mistake.

Maybe he's taken shots because the guy is a complete shithead and you're a bad judge of character.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

So the only way for this democratic society to stop this process is to start shooting other citizens of their country?

I question how Democratic our societies really are. See Catalonia. People hold a vote for self determination and the state violently suppresses it with the nodding approval of the EU. (I will laugh the next time they accuse others of being non-democratic)

Face it, governments have grown too powerful and are increasingly becoming out of control. The 2nd Amendment (used properly) can help ensure the rest of our rights remain intact as we are sadly seeing them eroded away by an ever growing state.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:44 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I question how Democratic our societies really are. See Catalonia. People hold a vote for self determination and the state violently suppresses it with the nodding approval of the EU. (I will laugh the next time they accuse others of being non-democratic)

Face it, governments have grown too powerful and are increasingly becoming out of control. The 2nd Amendment (used properly) can help ensure the rest of our rights remain intact as we are sadly seeing them eroded away by an ever growing state.

I'd like you to point to some respected authority or some doctrine that determined that governments have grown too powerful and are increasingly out of control. I'm sure you have some authority or reputable consensus of experts to determine that governments are out of control? Some evidence right?

Of course you don't, it's just more of your bullshit that you are peddling around here.

I've posted this before, in this thread, you are the one who first turns to violence as a means to resist something you disagree with. This is your mindset, this is your interpretation of how someone should resist. In your view violence is the first, only, and ultimate way to resist something that a democratic society has deemed viable through the governmental process. It's your only option seemingly. The 2nd Amendment being "THE" firewall against tyranny.

Plenty of great people who have caused far greater or more important changes than you ever could dream of would likely disagree with your violence first stance.

This says something about you, who you are, how you view the world, it's a prism of violence. Maybe you're an angry person, maybe you're insecure, maybe you had a violent upbringing. Sell one of you guns and go talk to a therapist for a while, might do you some good in more ways than one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:45 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

So if the residents of the State of Illinois vote to be independent from the USA, it should just happen because that vote occurred? Is that your position?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:47 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

So if the residents of the State of Illinois vote to be independent from the USA, it should just happen because that vote occurred? Is that your position?

Yes, I believe states should peacefully be allowed to exit the union. I think it would be a poor move for a state like Illinois to do so, but if the people wanted the self determination to do so, then by all means allow it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:48 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Wait I thought 3D technology was the greatest invention to prevent "tryanny", I'm confused...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:49 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Hah. Well, I am not going to lie, I love JORR. But nothing he says or does is going to cloud my opinion of another poster. I can't recall taking shots at Baby, but there is probably something in my 10k plus posting history.

I think you might be fighting a proxy battle here using me in your ongoing Trump battle with JORR.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:49 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yes, I believe states should peacefully be allowed to exit the union. I think it would be a poor move for a state like Illinois to do so, but if the people wanted the self determination to do so, then by all means allow it.

The states entered the union under the terms of the constitution, if they want to leave they should follow the constitutional process.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:51 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I'd like you to point to some respected authority or some doctrine that determined that governments have grown too powerful and are increasingly out of control. I'm sure you have some authority or reputable consensus of experts to determine that governments are out of control? Some evidence right?

Of course you don't, it's just more of your bullshit that you are peddling around here.

I've posted this before, in this thread, you are the one who first turns to violence as a means to resist something you disagree with. This is your mindset, this is your interpretation of how someone should resist. In your view violence is the first, only, and ultimate way to resist something that a democratic society has deemed viable through the governmental process. It's your only option seemingly. The 2nd Amendment being "THE" firewall against tyranny.

Plenty of great people who have caused far greater or more important changes than you ever could dream of would likely disagree with your violence first stance.

This says something about you, who you are, how you view the world, it's a prism of violence. Maybe you're an angry person, maybe you're insecure, maybe you had a violent upbringing. Sell one of you guns and go talk to a therapist for a while, might do you some good in more ways than one.

Let's see examples of out of control government (this expands through multiple levels of government)

[*]Civil Asset Forfeiture
[*]unending 16 year war
[*]expansion of said war into 7+ different countries
[*]PRISM
[*]Patriot Act
[*]TSA
[*]"enhanced" interrogation
[*]extrajudicial killings of suspects by police officers
[*]Federal control over 50+% of land in over a dozen western states (including 85% of Nevada)
[*]no knock raid warrants
[*]the entire war on drugs

I'm just getting started here. Do you really want me to continue here? It's safe to say that we no longer live in a free society

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next