It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
That's how you Survivor!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
The first challenge is officially over. Neither side did very well in picking the sides of games, with both correctly getting Notre Dame to win and cover, but both missing on the other two picks. The scoring ladder was difficult to climb for TWVG(S) as they put Illinois and the 38 points at the low end of the ladder -- couldn't even climb one rung. The Alumni did a bit better, putting Wake Forest with their 3 as the lowest. They only made a couple of steps before Iowa had a surprising 48 points and that stopped their climb, but not until they gained four points. The real difference maker, though, was the player props -- TWVG(S) swept the category getting every prediction correct while the Alumni only hit on one. Both sides had Corso's Boomer Sooner pick correct, making it a tie at 9. However, TWVG(S) gets a bonus 2 points for sweeping the player props and wins by 2!

Congratulations to The West Virginia Gerbil(((Syndicate))) and members of The West Virginia Gerbil(((Syndicate))) -- you are all safe until at least the Wednesday challenge.

Members of IceGirl Alumni: America, Boilermaker Rick, donspiracy, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, FrankDrebin, Free Ajent, IMU, Nas, and RFDC you all must individually send an email to cfmbsurvivor@email.com with the name of the member you want to vote off the game. When you send your email, please send me your screen name as well, so I know who has voted. You must send the email by Monday at 7PM; failure to do so will earn you your first strike in the game, and after three strikes, you are kicked out automatically. After the votes are tallied, I will announce the results in this thread and post the next challenge which will take place Wednesday evening. If you have found an immunity idol and want to play it, you should email that to me as well -- you don't have to send that in the same email. If there is a tie in the voting, the first player voted for will be the one voted out.

For those that haven't watched the show, you can vote for anybody on your team for whatever reason you want. You can vote for whoever picked those player props that didn't come in, vote for whoever you think is the biggest threat to voting you out later on, vote alphabetically -- whatever you want to do. I'd encourage you to discuss some voting options with other team members, because a single vote by itself won't be enough to get someone out of the game. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:53 am 

WVG(((S))) watching tribal counsel this week

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:33 pm 

A few quick notes on idols: to keep from getting spammed with idol claims, I will only honor your first three emails of a day. Everything else will be ignored. Also, once an idol is claimed, it can't be claimed again -- if you try to claim an already claimed idol, I will let you know it has been claimed (but not who found it.)

Nobody played any hidden immunity idols, so lets get on with the voting. First vote is in and was cast for America. The second vote is for Free Ajent... it is 1 to 1. Next vote, Free Ajent - 2 to 1. Next up, Free Ajent - 3 to 1. Next, another Free Ajent - 4 to 1. America is on the next ballot, bring it to 4 to 2. Next ballot: RFDC - 4 for Ajent, 2 for America, and now 1 for RFDC. With two to go and the first being cast for America, America will only lose if the next two votes are for him. And the next vote is --- missing! Two non-votes mean two strikes for FrankDrebin and American, and with that, unfortunately Free Ajent is eliminated from the game.

Next challenge to be posted shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: *

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:41 pm 

For Wednesday, it looks like we don't have any MLB, so we are going to do a little NHL and a little preseason NBA action.

NBA - Indiana @ Chicago
NBA - Golden State @ LA Lakers
NBA - Phoenix @ Portland
Pick the correct winner of each game for 25 points (no point spread). Pick a player from each game and earn the number of points they score in the game, however, if they score 25 points or more, you get nothing for that player.

NHL - Vegas @ Washington
NHL - Philly @ Ottowa
NHL - Arizona @ Anaheim
Pick the correct winner of each game for 25 points (no point spread.) Pick a player from each game and earn the number of points they score times five, however, if they score 5 NHL points or more, you get nothing for that player.

Women's Volleyball - Georgia @ LSU
Pick the correct winner of this matchup for 11 points. For an additional 3 points, explain why you made that selection.

Tiebreaker -- total points scored in Pacers/Bulls

As the previous challenge winner, TWVG(S) has the choice of one of these advantages:
Lock In A Guy -- You can have exclusive rights to a player for one game in the NBA and one game in the NHL (two total picks.) To use this, you must post your exclusive guys to the thread by 8 PM on Tuesday. IA will not be allowed to use those players as their picks.
Safety Points -- Instead of getting no points if a player goes over the limit, you'll get 25% of the points they would have scored for your team (NBA points scored times 25%, NHL points scored times 100%.) Something is always better than nothing, right?
Flat Bonus -- A simple one -- you get 10 free points to start with. But who knows, this might be all that you need!

All entries must be submitted by team captains to cfmbsurvivor@email.com by 4PM on Wednesday. TWVG(S) - make sure to indicate your bonus option in your submission, otherwise, no bonus for you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 pm 

Sample Entry:
Bulls - Tyreke Evans (IND)
Lakers - Lonzo Ball (LA)
Trail Blazers - Josh Jackson (PHX)
Vegas - Ryan Reaves (LV)
Philly - Mark Stone (OTT)
Anaheim - Brandon Perlini (PHX)
LSU - I like their colors better
TB: 218

(and if I were TWVG(S) - Bonus: Safety Points)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
What bonus did the other team pick?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:36 pm 

They went with the safety points... seven of the picks were the same and two were worth the same number of points, so I italicized and grayed them out -- here are the picks:

No tiebreaker from the Gerbils -- we'll see if that comes into play later on!

Edit 9:28 pm -- IceGirl Alumni draws things a little bit closer -- just down 5 at this point.
Edit 9:54 pm -- Big swing in the contest as IceGirl Alumni picked Kuzy who had 1 goal and 3 assists -- got the max score on that one while the Gerbils got shutout. Alumni in control for the moment.
Edit 12:15 am -- It is official -- IceGirl Alumni wins the challenge. Voting instructions to follow on Thursday. IA members are safe, Gerbils may want to start talking.

Last edited by newper on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Fuck, I left off the tiebreaker.

I volunteer myself as tribute for the (((Syndicate))) in the event we lose.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:48 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Good thing we won't need it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:27 pm 

Matt Murton's Beard wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Keep the faith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:36 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I have to admit if I knew you'd just get 3 points for any explanation of the Volleyball question, I wouldn't have wasted 10 minutes of my life coming up with a crazy reason why I chose Georgia.

But, we went LSU and I'm cool with that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 pm 

And they are both valid reasons to pick a team. Kuznetsov sitting on four points right now and in danger of being pushed back to zero -- a little less than 5 mins to go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:48 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I thought the team with the more interesting explanation got the points.

I'm new here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:52 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I thought the team with the more interesting explanation got the points.

I'm new here.

When I asked if Corso would pick Oklahoma or Texas, I would have rewarded a "Yes" with the points. :) Maybe I will do one where the best answer wins... you've got me thinking about an interesting idea now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 pm 

Well, now you'll never know about my realization about Bart Simpson and the state of Mississippi.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am 

The second challenge comes to an end with the IceGirl Alumni victorious! Each side did a 50/50 job on picking winning teams, but the Alumni with their excellent pick of Evgeny "Kuzy" Kuznetsov who wound up with 3 assists and a goal making all the difference. They were able to overcome The West Virginia Gerbil(((Syndicate)))'s 10 point starting advantage.

IceGirl Alumni is safe until the Sunday challenge, and The West Virginia Gerbil(((Syndicate))) will now have to vote off one of their own.

Members of the (((Syndicate))): 312player, Don Tiny, FavreFan, Joe Orr Road Rod, Matt Murton's Beard, sjboyd0137, SpiralStairs, Terry's Peeps, and Toxic Masculinity -- please send an email to cfmbsurvivor@email.com with the name of the member you want to vote off the game. When you send your email, please send me your screen name as well, so I know who has voted (if you have not sent it already.) You must send the email by Friday at 7PM; failure to do so will earn you your first strike in the game, and after three strikes, you are kicked out automatically. After the votes are tallied, I will announce the results in this thread and post the next challenge which will take place on football Sunday (a hint of what the contest might be about!) If you have found an immunity idol and want to play it, you should email that to me as well -- you don't have to send that in the same email. If there is a tie in the voting, the first player voted for will be the one voted out.

Good luck to all contestants!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
We won't lose again.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:08 am 

Nas wrote:
We won't lose again.

Liar.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
We won't lose again.

Well, we won't get fooled again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:21 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Well, we won't get fooled again!

One of GW's favorite Texan sayings. Bumping a bit and just an announcement that there is at least one hidden idol out there that has yet to be claimed -- if you are worried you are on the chopping block, or maybe a member of the Alumni with nothing better to do, feel free to hunt!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:11 pm 

I don't have the first friggin' clue what this hidden 'idol' is supposed to be, looks like, reads like, sounds like, tastes like, whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:15 pm 

Speaking of .... so let's say I have an idol .... do I have to declare I'm using it before voting closes or can I wait 'til after voting and if I'm launched I get to say 'not today, fuckers'?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Speaking of .... so let's say I have an idol .... do I have to declare I'm using it before voting closes or can I wait 'til after voting and if I'm launched I get to say 'not today, fuckers'?

No, it has to be before voting closes. No superpower idols here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:06 pm 

The voting window has closed. Nobody has chosen to play an idol (or maybe they just don't have one) so we will go straight to the voting. The first vote comes in for 312player. The next vote, as well, is for 312player. Next up - a vote for SpiralStairs. It is now 2 to 1 voting. Another vote for 312player... 3 to 1. Next vote - 312player. 4 to 1, one more vote will clinch his elimination from the game. Next vote -- one for Spiral Stairs. 4 to 2, with 3 votes to go. The next vote is cast for... 312player. 312player has been unfortunately eliminated... maybe someone will post a short compilation of your greatest moments in the game. Also, some people didn't vote at all and earn strikes -- 312 player is out so no harm in missing the vote, but SpiralStairs gets a mark of shame next to his name. After three strikes, you are out of the game. Congratulations to the survivors of the vote -- the Sunday challenge will be posted shortly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:31 pm 

Sunday and a chill is in the air (literally!) You all are a bunch of degenerate gamblers, so why not do a gambling challenge? To make it even more fun, if you pick the wrong side, you won't lose anything...

Early: Pick six of the nine 12pm games below and choose a side or total. For each game, you will tease the line your way by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 points. You assign the points to your picks. Every winning pick is worth 10 points. You cannot put a bet on a game more than once (meaning you can't pick both sides, or pick a side and a total, just one wager per game.)
Arizona +11.5 @ Minnesota 42.5
LA Chargers +0.5 @ Cleveland 45.5
Chicago -3.5 @ Miami 41.5
Carolina +0.5 @ Washington 44.5
Indianapolis +1.5 @ NY Jets 45.5
Pittsburgh +1.5 @ Cincinnati 50.5
Tampa Bay +3.5 @ Atlanta 56.5
Seattle -2.5 @ Oakland 48.5
Buffalo +10.5 @ Houston 40.5

Late: For the late games, pick two sides and totals. Get one right and get 15 points. Get both right and get 27 points. You cannot put a bet on a game more than once.
LA Rams -7.5 @ Denver 51.5
Jacksonville -2.5 @ Dallas 41.5
Baltimore -2.5 @ Tennessee 41.5

Night: Sunday night game, pick one side or total. The line will be shifted 3 points in the opposite direction of your pick. Win it, and get 41 points.
Kansas City +3.5 @ New England 58.5

Extra points:
* Will Bortles throw at least 2 INTs: 1 point
* Will Mahomes throw at least 3 TDs: 1 point
* Pick the color of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's sleeve correctly: 1 point
* Will Bears kick or receive to start game: 2 points
* Will Khalil Mack be credited with a forced fumble: 2 points
* Will at least two games on Sunday go to overtime: 2 points

Bonus Options:
As winners of the previous challenge, IceGirl Alumni have the right to an exclusive bonus -- your options are:
* Exclusive Picks -- To use this advantage, list three of your picks in the thread as exclusive. The other team will not be allowed to make those picks. You can choose any of the noon games, up to one pick in the late games, and the night game is off limits for this bonus. You must post in the thread by 6pm on Saturday to use this advantage, otherwise this option expires.
* Extra Shifty -- You can be extra shifty and all of your noon games go one more point in your favor. You'll be using 2 through 7 to shift lines. The downside to this bonus is your night game shifts 4 points against you.
* Straight up Points -- Keep things simple by just choosing some base points for your score... you'll get to start with 13 points before any games are played.

Tiebreaker: Total Brady passing yards

Team captains, please make sure you get your picks in by Sunday at 10:30AM to cfmbsurvivor@email.com so I can get them posted (and still have time to do my fantasy league updates.) Good luck to all and GO BEARS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:46 pm 

Sample Entry
1. Seattle -2.5
2. Indy/Jets over
3. Atlanta -3.5
4. Minnesota -11.5
5. Buffalo/Houston under
6. Pittsburgh +1.5

Note: The numbers in front are important so I know which points to swing... for example, my Seattle pick will be evaluated at -1.5 because it is a one, but the Pittsburgh pick will be evaluated at +7.5 because I have a 6 there

Rams -7.5 and Tennessee +2.5

KC/NE under This would be evaluated as under 55.5

Bortles - No
Mahomes - Yes
Sleeve - Orange
Bears - Kick
Mack - Yes
OT - No

TB - 268 yds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next