It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:13 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
To give ltg a better answer, "Explorers and Immigrants Day" makes far more sense. We don't even know who the true indigenous people are of the United States besides knowing they were from the same people that brought us what would one day be Russia.

"WE" know that they were not Christopher Columbus.
We've already established that Christopher Columbus is losing the day. Who should get it instead. What answer is better than Explorers and Immigrants Day?

Do you have a problem with people coming to America from other countries?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

How do government workers get paid? Is it magic?

That has nothing to do with my statement.

Of course it does. Government workers don't produce anything. They're like an HR Department for the country. Mostly they just make things more difficult than they need to be.

Really? I would like to believe that you know MANY government workers aren't just pen pushers. You should thank government workers for being alive, having teeth, and not shitting yourself every few days.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
You don't have to know who the "original inhabitants" were in order to celebrate that there were original inhabitants of this "great land". Indigenous Day is simply a celebration of the original people of this country. Columbus was not one of "those people" thus there is no need for him to be "celebrated"
You aren't doing a good job of saying who that actually is though. Are you referring to the people who came from Russia thousands of years ago? When is the dividing line? Is it anyone who was here in 1492?

That's the whole flaw in the entire premise. There have been people here for 15,000 to 20,000 years. Who are we celebrating on this date?

You aren't making much sense. Indigenous simply means "ORIGINAL". Thus Indigenous Day is merely a celebration of those that helped comprised the original people of this country. No one besides you (and I wonder why by the way) feels the need to "discover" whom this particular group of people happens to be. "WE" know that no one in the group was Christopher Columbus.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:17 am 

The more that this is discussed the more that it becomes readily apparent that MANY people here are dismayed by the fact that the bogus holiday was snatched away from Christopher Columbus.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:21 am 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course it does. Government workers don't produce anything. They're like an HR Department for the country. Mostly they just make things more difficult than they need to be.

Really? I would like to believe that you know MANY government workers aren't just pen pushers. You should thank government workers for being alive, having teeth, and not shitting yourself every few days.

Without "government workers" Jorr would be taking shits in his own hands.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

two out of three ain't bad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: I think I'd do fine without government workers. I don't mind shitting in an outhouse.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: What??
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
It’s kind of ironic that the Indigenous-but-not-really people are trying to steal Columbus’ day instead of just getting their own.

The indigenous lost. The United States of Kissmyass doesn't celebrate losers. If you can't even hold on to Oklahoma, what good are you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:29 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
You aren't making much sense. Indigenous simply means "ORIGINAL". Thus Indigenous Day is merely a celebration of those that helped comprised the original people of this country. No one besides you (and I wonder why by the way) feels the need to "discover" whom this particular group of people happens to be. "WE" know that no one in the group was Christopher Columbus.
So, your issue with my argument is that I want to know who the group of people actually is that we are naming a holiday after?

Let's say my kid comes home today and says "Who are we celebrating for Indigenous People Day?" and I respond "No one knows besides that it's not Christopher Columbus"? Is that correct?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: I think I'd do fine without government workers. I don't mind shitting in an outhouse.

Without the "protections" of Government, your "cushy" 401k plan would have gone belly up decades ago. Not to mention the value of your home as well. But NO ONE IS EVER SUPPOSED TO KNOW.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:31 am 

Brick wrote:
Let's say my kid comes home today and says "Who are we celebrating for Indigenous People Day?"
Indigenous People.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:32 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
So, your issue with my argument is that I want to know who the group of people actually is that we are naming a holiday after?

Let's say my kid comes home today and says "Who are we celebrating for Indigenous People Day?"
Indigenous People. That's who.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:35 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Indigenous People. That's who. Why does this trouble you so much?

When I am supposed to take time in my day to recognize the accomplishments of a person or group I want to know who or what that person or group actually is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Indigenous People. That's who.

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:38 am 

Brick wrote:
When I am supposed to take time in my day to recognize the accomplishments of a person or group I want to know who or what that person or group actually is.

Then you should have no problem with "knowing" that the "accomplishment" of Columbus really was not much of an "accomplishment" at all.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Indigenous People. That's who. Why does this trouble you so much?

Provided you’re from here you can celebrate yourself.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Imagine a CPS teacher who thinks "indigenous" is a synonym for "original."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Imagine a CPS teacher who thinks

Now that would be a first!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It literally is a "synonym" for "original". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
adjective
originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.
"the indigenous peoples of Siberia"

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:49 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It should be a day to share with our Russian friends about our shared heritage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:50 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Imagine a CPS teacher who thinks

Now that would be a first!!!

As opposed to Jorr? or you? :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:50 am 

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It should be a day to share with our Russian friends about our shared heritage.

National Putin Day!! Lets make that happen

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've met you, and I doubt it would be knocking at the door of 60 without government. That isn't a knock on you. MANY of us wouldn't be alive or enjoy anywhere near the quality of life that we do without government and government workers.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:08 am 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've met you, and I doubt it would be knocking at the door of 60 without government. That isn't a knock on you. MANY of us wouldn't be alive or enjoy anywhere near the quality of life that we do without government and government workers.

Without Gov't, those rather pristine bike paths that Jorr is so proud of riding would be either non existent or rocky as hell. Funny how a "well read" guy such as himself neglects to ever have mentioned this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: What??
So Russian huh? Not Polynesian? Island hopping during the ice age, where ocean levels were 500 ft below where they are now?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think I could survive in the woods. It's not something I think would be fun though.

Anyway, I'm not anti-government, like some crazy Libertarian going on about roads and sidewalks. But when government workers are enjoying perks and privileges that those who provide the funds for them are not, you're heading down a bad path. That isn't sustainable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:20 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Anyway, I'm not anti-government, like some crazy Libertarian going on about roads and sidewalks. But when government workers are enjoying perks and privileges that those who provide the funds for them are not, you're heading down a bad path. That isn't sustainable.

It is because of "public education" that the majority of the people in this country actually became literate. Can you provide anything of a similar note that a capitalist thief such as yourself ever has happened to "produce" or "contribute to society"?
In fact, other than cheating on your taxes and exploiting the shit out of the few "workers" that you have, what is it that a guy such as yourself actually does to contribute to society? Keep CFMB afloat?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think I could survive in the woods. It's not something I think would be fun though.

I hear you, but I don't find a random day off to be some great perk. Besides, if we look hard enough, we could find something that others "enjoy" that we think we should.

We revere police and firemen. Few people would consider them government. Most police never fire a weapon in a 20+ year career, and most firefighters never have to go inside a burning building. They're great gigs to have. They also get far more perks than we do in addition to our tax dollars. I have no problem with it.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
The Missing Link wrote:
In fact, other than cheating on your taxes and exploiting the shit out of the few "workers" that you have, what is it that a guy such as yourself actually does to contribute to society? Keep CFMB afloat?

damn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:31 am 

Bagels wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

damn

:lol: that is quite the statement.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next