It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegas bloodbath
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I was thinking about doing a tournament of crazy, but really didn't care enough. But Ogie would definitely have been a #1 seed.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I am all good with Baby too. We have engaged in rational discussions several times. But he certainly antagonizes certain people around here.

So you can't like him because THEY don't like him?

Are you talking to me? Seriously, I can't see how you would come to the conclusion that I don't like him from what I posted. On balance, I am neutral. He doesn't bother me at all, and I find him entertaining at times.

I read the shots you've taken at him. It seemed like you didn't want to piss JORR off. My mistake.

Maybe he's taken shots because the guy is a complete shithead and you're a bad judge of character.

Because I like B-Mac as a poster and as a man? That stings. What's popular isn't always right and what's right isn't always popular.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
I want to have my own nukes. Everybody cool with that?

I think MANY around here are disturbed that you own a keyboard. For my part, I find you entertaining.

Haha. Your response was better than any I could have come up with. :lol:

the really funny thing is, in person, Baby McNown is a good guy. Met him long ago at a B&B remote.

I am all good with Baby too. We have engaged in rational discussions several times. But he certainly antagonizes certain people around here.

So you can't like him because THEY don't like him?

There is A LOT of this going on recently. Posters trying to get other posters to not like a guy because of some weird (possibly sexual?) obsession.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
One Post wrote:

Wait I thought 3D technology was the greatest invention to prevent "tryanny", I'm confused...

Are you too fucking stupid to not know what 3D printing is vs. 3D facial recognition technology? Just asking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:55 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Let's see examples of out of control government (this expands through multiple levels of government)

[*]Civil Asset Forfeiture
[*]unending 16 year war
[*]expansion of said war into 7+ different countries
[*]PRISM
[*]Patriot Act
[*]TSA
[*]"enhanced" interrogation
[*]extrajudicial killings of suspects by police officers
[*]Federal control over 50+% of land in over a dozen western states (including 85% of Nevada)
[*]no knock raid warrants
[*]the entire war on drugs

I'm just getting started here. Do you really want me to continue here?

Again, who is deeming this out of control other than yourself?

Also, not for nothing, regardless of how in control or out of control you think the US government is I'd take it over about 99% of the prior governments where the King, or Ruler was literally thought of as a {God}, could have someone killed for no reason at all, there were no private property rights to speak of, etc. etc.

So if you think today's governments are to powerful and out of control either: you have no understanding of history, are stupid, or are a liar. Take your pick

Last edited by One Post on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:56 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

Wait I thought 3D technology was the greatest invention to prevent "tryanny", I'm confused...

Are you too fucking stupid to not know what 3D printing is vs. 3D facial recognition technology? Just asking

Are they not both 3D technologies?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The TSA? Fuck it yank the TSA and just let anyone walk on a plane with whatever.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Let's see examples of out of control government (this expands through multiple levels of government)

[*]unending 16 year war
[*]PRISM
[*]Patriot Act
[*]TSA
[*]Federal control over 50+% of land in over a dozen western states (including 85% of Nevada)

Also, not for nothing, regardless of how in control or out of control you think the US government is I'd take it over about 99% of the prior governments where the King, or Ruler was literally thought of as a King, could have someone killed for no reason at all, there were no private property rights to speak of, etc. etc.

So if you think today's governments are to powerful and out of control either: you have no understanding of history, are stupid, or are a liar. Take your pick

Pretty sure the POTUS can kill anyone he wants with no reason or trial. See our drone program if you are confused on this matter.

If all of these outright abuses of power are not troubling to you, then that's fine. You can continue pretending everything is fine as we drift deeper and deeper into the abyss towards an Orwellian society.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The TSA? Fuck it yank the TSA and just let anyone walk on a plane with whatever.

Have security, but I think we can do without the pedophiles of the world feeling up little kids before they board a flight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:00 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Have security, but I think we can do without the pedophiles of the world feeling up little kids before they board a flight.

Why do you consider kids a non-threat? They can be used as mules.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:00 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

[*]unending 16 year war
[*]PRISM
[*]Patriot Act
[*]TSA

Also, not for nothing, regardless of how in control or out of control you think the US government is I'd take it over about 99% of the prior governments where the King, or Ruler was literally thought of as a King, could have someone killed for no reason at all, there were no private property rights to speak of, etc. etc.

Pretty sure the POTUS can kill anyone he wants with no reason or trial. See our drone program if you are confused on this matter.

If all of these outright abuses of power are not troubling to you, then that's fine. You can continue pretending everything is fine as we drift deeper and deeper into the abyss towards an Orwellian society.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I think we're all realizing that Ogie is a loon constantly paranoid of Big Brother. He also has never used a valet service and pulls the sim card out of his cell phone when he isn't currently using it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:01 pm 

One Post wrote:

Pretty sure you are wrong

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-11-30/ ... ed-killing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:02 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
So you know how the gun grabbers love pointing to Australia... perhaps not a country we want to emulate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/worl ... &smtyp=cur

They are about to create a database where everyone who gets a driver's license will be added to a facial recognition database. Nothing Orwellian or authoritarian here from our sadly powerless and disarmed Aussies.

So the only way for this democratic society to stop this process is to start shooting other citizens of their country?

I question how Democratic our societies really are. See Catalonia. People hold a vote for self determination and the state violently suppresses it with the nodding approval of the EU. (I will laugh the next time they accuse others of being non-democratic)

Face it, governments have grown too powerful and are increasingly becoming out of control. The 2nd Amendment (used properly) can help ensure the rest of our rights remain intact as we are sadly seeing them eroded away by an ever growing state.

So if the residents of the State of Illinois vote to be independent from the USA, it should just happen because that vote occurred? Is that your position?

Yes, I believe states should peacefully be allowed to exit the union. I think it would be a poor move for a state like Illinois to do so, but if the people wanted the self determination to do so, then by all means allow it.

The states entered the union under the terms of the constitution, if they want to leave they should follow the constitutional process.

Still waiting for your thoughts on the above.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 pm 

IMU wrote:
I think we're all realizing that Ogie is a loon constantly paranoid of Big Brother. He also has never used a valet service and pulls the sim card out of his cell phone when he isn't currently using it.

I wonder if he "looses his shit" if the clerk ever asks for his phone/email at the store?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

Whether you agree with that program or not, it's a tremendous stretch to assume that because of that program the President can legally shoot the Governor of Maine and there would be no legal repercussions whatsoever.

So your quote was the President can "kill anyone anywhere" is just more of the bullshit you are peddling around here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm 

One Post wrote:

Please point out where in the Constitution it is stated that no state may leave the union. Granted, most states that choose to do so would be foolish due to the benefits they gain, but once again, self determination is a human right.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
IMU wrote:

He's an Israeli spy. Very smart man

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:

I wonder if he "looses his shit" if the clerk ever asks for his phone/email at the store?

You're wondering if he gets diarrhea if that happens?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:09 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

Whether you agree with that program or not, it's a tremendous stretch to assume that because of that program the President can legally shoot the Governor of Maine and there would be no legal repercussions whatsoever.

So your quote was the President can "kill anyone anywhere" is just more of the bullshit you are peddling around here.

Our government has made it clear they can extradjudicially kill someone without trial. I'm pretty sure that is not legal under any standing and yes it's a slippery slope. We aren't there yet, but we are drifting towards the day where such a killing occurs in the US. Remember when Rand Paul filibustered over the drone program, he could not get a clear answer if such killings would be outlawed within US borders.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:09 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

Please point out where in the Constitution it is stated that no state may leave the union. Granted, most states that choose to do so would be foolish due to the benefits they gain, but once again, self determination is a human right.

If the Founders wanted to let states leave the Union, don't you think they would have put a mechanism in the constitution to allow the states to leave?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:11 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

If the Founders wanted to let states leave the Union, don't you think they would have put a mechanism in the constitution to allow the states to leave?

I think our founders, especially given the content of the Federalist Papers, envisioned it was possible the government they were constructing could grow too large one day. They believed that the people should have a mechanism to overthrow such a government and change the paradigm they were constructing. Federalist #46 once again believes the people armed within a state should be allowed to repel a Federal army should a Federal government grow tyrannical

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:15 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

Our government has made it clear they can extradjudicially kill someone without trial. I'm pretty sure that is not legal under any standing and yes it's a slippery slope. We aren't there yet, but we are drifting towards the day where such a killing occurs in the US. Remember when Rand Paul filibustered over the drone program, he could not get a clear answer if such killings would be outlawed within US borders.

I have a feeling that you're probably a big conspiracy theory guy. Amiright?

Conspiracy theories are the currency of the weak minded. Rather than do hard analysis, they can just rely on conspiracy theory to solve everything.

A close second to weak thinking is the "slippery slope" crowd. It's taking a concept governed by science, objects in motion will stay in motion, gravity, friction, etc. and applying it to something that is completely controlled by man. It shows a fundamental lack of distinction between the laws of science, and the laws of man.

Man can marry woman, man can marry man, slippery slope leads to the theory that man can marry 3 pigs, 4 goats, and a duck. It's just more of your bullshit, for the laws of man, we can stop wherever we want for any reason, theory, policy, goal, etc. The slippery slope is for people who don't want to have to really analyze an issue and understand it fully.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

[*]unending 16 year war
[*]PRISM
[*]Patriot Act
[*]TSA

I'm just getting started here. Do you really want me to continue here? It's safe to say that we no longer live in a free society

Hatchetman wrote:
I was thinking about doing a tournament of crazy, but really didn't care enough. But Ogie would definitely have been a #1 seed.

Other than the statement in bold, you disagree with this Hatchet?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:19 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

Conspiracy theories are the currency of the weak minded. Rather than do hard analysis, they can just rely on conspiracy theory to solve everything.

A close second to weak thinking is the "slippery slope" crowd. It's taking a concept governed by science, objects in motion will stay in motion, gravity, friction, etc. and applying it to something that is completely controlled by man. It shows a fundamental lack of distinction between the laws of science, and the laws of man.

Man can marry woman, man can marry man, slippery slope leads to the theory that man can marry 3 pigs, 4 goats, and a duck. It's just more of your bullshit, for the laws of man, we can stop wherever we want for any reason, theory, policy, goal, etc. The slippery slope is for people who don't want to have to really analyze an issue and understand it fully.

I'm not the biggest conspiracy guy as I ultimately believe our government is in many ways too incompetent to pull off the conspiracies they are accused of. You can read my comments in 9/11 and Kennedy assassination threads as I don't really buy into the conspiracy theories of either.

As for the erosion of our freedoms by the growth of government, a slippery slope is an apt analogy. The fact that electronic surveillance programs, which should require a warrant, have grown into bulk collection of data (as exposed by a true patriot, Edward Snowden) demonstrates this fact well.

Heck, even wars demonstrate this. We have gone from requiring a declaration of war (as mandated in the Constitution) to the War Powers Act where the President can start bombing a place without the consent of Congress and keep war going for months. Even when Congress doesn't vote on it, they don't have the courage to stop it.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:19 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

I think our founders, especially given the content of the Federalist Papers, envisioned it was possible the government they were constructing could grow too large one day. They believed that the people should have a mechanism to overthrow such a government and change the paradigm they were constructing. Federalist #46 once again believes the people armed within a state should be allowed to repel a Federal army should a Federal government grow tyrannical

A couple things here:

1. You realize that the federalist papers don't speak for all of the founders? You understand this right? I don't think you do.
2. If they believed that the government would grow too large one day, or too controlling, this is even more support for my position that if the founders wanted the states to be able to leave the union, they would have designed something in the constitution to allow them to.
3. Again, we are back to your violent mindset in which the only way to oppose tyranny is by violence.

So we are still back to the original question, if Illinois wants to leave the Union, they should just use the processes embedded in the constitution correct? Yes or No?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:21 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

All technology is 3D.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:24 pm 

One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

A couple things here:

1. You realize that the federalist papers don't speak for all of the founders? You understand this right? I don't think you do.
2. If they believed that the government would grow too large one day, or too controlling, this is even more support for my position that if the founders wanted the states to be able to leave the union, they would have designed something in the constitution to allow them to.
3. Again, we are back to your violent mindset in which the only way to oppose tyranny is by violence.

So we are still back to the original question, if Illinois wants to leave the Union, they should just use the processes embedded in the constitution correct? Yes or No?

1: They were written by key framers though and framers intent becomes important in interpretation. Remember, Madison authored the Bill of Rights, which is where the 2nd Amendment falls upon. Ditto for other rights granted by the 1st 10 Amendments

2: They only state how states can enter the union. Given their own separation from Britain and the fact they don't preclude states from leaving, it is reasonable to presume they would honor self determination. Especially when you look at the philosophies of the framers. If an amendment is needed to create a structure, then I am 100% behind that amendment.

3: You don't ask a tyrant permission for freedom. That never goes over well or accomplishes anything. You can try and make that your 1st step, but what do you do when you are not granted freedom?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Any Thin Crust
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

All technology is 3D.

Fuck you, bitch!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:27 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
One Post wrote:

I'm not the biggest conspiracy guy as I ultimately believe our government is in many ways too incompetent to pull off the conspiracies they are accused of. You can read my comments in 9/11 and Kennedy assassination threads as I don't really buy into the conspiracy theories of either.

As for the erosion of our freedoms by the growth of government, a slippery slope is an apt analogy. The fact that electronic surveillance programs, which should require a warrant, have grown into bulk collection of data (as exposed by a true patriot, Edward Snowden) demonstrates this fact well.

Heck, even wars demonstrate this. We have gone from requiring a declaration of war (as mandated in the Constitution) to the War Powers Act where the President can start bombing a place without the consent of Congress and keep war going for months. Even when Congress doesn't vote on it, they don't have the courage to stop it.

So I guess you believe that one day a man will be able to legally marry a sheep in the USA? That's the slope we are on for marital rights...

Your argument/analogy is for the weak minded. It's a lot easier to say that because we droned on US citizen who was fighting our country in a foreign country that the logical conclusion is the Pres can shoot me in the head for fun. It's a weak minded argument. The more difficult argument is, was the original action just, are there considerations that would make it more or less just, if the citizenry deems it unjust what are there mechanisms to resist, what redress do they have individually or through their elected officials, is it just during war, is it just during peace, what level of standard should be applied to such an action if it is deemed just, should it be just in any situation, what are the international consequences of such action, what safeguards should be made surrounding the action if deemed just, etc.

Keep believing you are a deep thinker though...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next