It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I could read CH doing that all day.

Great posts today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I could read CH doing that all day.

Great posts today.

Yup!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Julie should just buy the CARL'S JR. jersey and call it a day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Credit where it's due for the destruction of that pathetic Kaepernick op-ed written by some English geek that appeared in the NYT.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
In an ode to CH's shift to the alt-right over Sam Fels' take on Kiss Cam, I give you "difficulty options in video games are ableist":

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Kotaku is a joke, video game players have long ditched that rag of a site.

While it was populated by awful people, Gamer Gate did have a legitimate point on the video game blogs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I dont think any movement has been more vindicated by the last 3 years than GamerGate. They were right all along. We should've listened then.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
In an ode to CH's shift to the alt-right over Sam Fels' take on Kiss Cam, I give you "difficulty options in video games are ableist":

Is that supposed to be serious or is it a parody?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:52 am 

Of course it's serious.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
How do you play a game about shooting every human being you see but still get triggered by the video game calling you a baby?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:03 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
How do you play a game about shooting every human being you see but still get triggered by the video game calling you a baby?

well, step 1 is you start writing for a blog under the Gawker umbrella.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:

Did the author just want to press buttons and watch a video? Like an actual baby?

Maybe he's upset there isn't a 20 Gamerscore for the "Woke Nazi Puncher" achievement.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:06 am 

they should replace the picture with ethan gach in the next game for "can i play daddy?".

if there ever was a wuss name, btw.

If you're a male and write for Gawker, it's pretty much a requirement that you emasculate yourself before walking into their offices.

Curious Hair wrote:

The first thing you do in the game is execute your pet dog.

This guy's narcissism is literally off the charts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am 

See, I would object to the game making you shoot your dog, not the game calling you a baby.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am 

America wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The first thing you do in the game is execute your pet dog.

This guy's narcissism is literally off the charts.

Real shit?

I'm working my way through Old Blood then I was going to play New Colossus. I don't know if I want the feels generated by dog euthanasia. Maybe I should not play it?

Nah I'll just write a long winded rant about how the game is #problematic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:10 am 

I didn't play it. I don't need to play LITERALLY NAZI'S: The Game. I just know that is how it starts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
If you're a male and write for Gawker, it's pretty much a requirement that you emasculate yourself before walking into their offices.

Case in point: Hamilton Nolan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:12 am 

I think my favorite HamNo moment was when he tried to act like a boxing expert and even his sycophants in the comment section told him to shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:14 am 

the original wolfenstein kicked ass. i remember playing the shit out of it in junior high. my cousin had gotten an advanced copy somehow.

now it just looks like any other shooter game. it was unlike anything out there when it first came out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 am 

Shut up, basketblogger:

LeBron James Has Realized The Limits Of Human Empathy

Quote:
Today LeBron James spoke briefly about the grim saga of Derrick Rose, whose desiccated body drifted back to Cleveland this morning. LeBron’s comment was unremarkable in Rose-related insight, which it seemed explicitly crafted to avoid. But it was amusing in its insight on the human condition. In the middle of a routine interview LeBron smuggles in a hilariously bleak take about the possibility of one person ever being able to understand another.
. . .
These are slightly different platitudes intended to satiate different reporters in different contexts, and I am admittedly mashing them together here in a way that amuses me. But there’s also a through-line, here.

Maybe James has reasoned his way from “We have imperfect access to other minds” to “It is actually impossible to empathize with another human being.” That latter stance might be difficult to deal with as a friend, partner, teammate, coach, or anyone else who simply wants the smartest living basketball player to try and understand where he or she is coming from, even if such an understanding can never be absolute. LeBron James has walked right up to the edge of what is possible in both basketball and human empathy. Seeing the former, he rose up to win four MVPs and three titles; seeing the latter, he recoiled, murmuring “Every man is an island.”

Quote:
It actually would be really fucking cool for LeBron to, post-retirement, drop out of the world for four years, go to college somewhere away from a major media market, and come back as an intellectual. (Imagine: LeBron Goes to Deep Springs.)

As superhuman as his physique is, there have always been guys with bodies like his who haven’t been able to do much in the NBA because you could shine a laser in one ear and see a dot on the wall through the other. That isn’t LeBron. His recall is incredible, and his ability to process multiple information streams simultaneously is at fighter ace levels.

It would be a waste of a brain like that for him to become just an NBA coach or, even worse, a TV talking head.

The NBA is an amoeba that burrows into your brain and makes you write like this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:51 am 

That's some real good fetishization of the black body.

Danny B would be proud.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Quote:
It actually would be really fucking cool for LeBron to, post-retirement, drop out of the world for four years, go to college somewhere away from a major media market, and come back as an intellectual. (Imagine: LeBron Goes to Deep Springs.)

As superhuman as his physique is, there have always been guys with bodies like his who haven’t been able to do much in the NBA because you could shine a laser in one ear and see a dot on the wall through the other. That isn’t LeBron. His recall is incredible, and his ability to process multiple information streams simultaneously is at fighter ace levels.

It would be a waste of a brain like that for him to become just an NBA coach or, even worse, a TV talking head.

Holy crap.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Shut up, basketblogger:

His recall is incredible, and his ability to process multiple information streams simultaneously is at fighter ace levels.

On what is that high praise based? It's nice if he can, but did he complete some sort of testing that showed he can "process multiple information streams simultaneously is at fighter ace levels?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Shut up, basketblogger:

His recall is incredible, and his ability to process multiple information streams simultaneously is at fighter ace levels.

On what is that high praise based? It's nice if he can, but did he complete some sort of testing that showed he can "process multiple information streams simultaneously is at fighter ace levels?"

Of course he didn't, this is classic literally-intended-hyperbole LeBron-schlobbing. And what are the "multiple information streams" that exist on a basketball court? The shot and game clock?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:58 pm 

Who wrote that? rpb? What is it with the urban liberals and their fetish for blacks?

LeBron is rock stupid. He doesn't understand people either. His run as coach/GM has been terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:06 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
And what are the "multiple information streams" that exist on a basketball court? The shot and game clock?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:07 pm 

I think there's something to be said for processing everything going on in a basketball game, but let's cool our jets on LeRedBaron here, geez.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 51  Next