It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Shots fired at JORR in today's Funbag

Quote:
Mike:

Why do so many douchebags wear blazers in the airport? I’m not talking a full suit with a button down shirt where someone was clearly in a meeting, removed their tie, and then went directly to the airport. That’s reasonable, and I’ve done that, rather than trying to change in an airport shitter. I’m talking about the dipshit that wears jeans, a casual button down shirt, and a blazer. Probably with loafers and a braided belt. What is he trying to prove?

https://adequateman.deadspin.com/yes-yo ... 1822330094

:lol: :lol: I just read that piece and my mind jumped to CFMB & JORR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
"XFL's "Criminality" Ban, Implied Anti-Protest Rule Are Definitely Not About Race, No Sir"

https://deadspin.com/xfls-criminality-b ... 1822440245

This is the same group of people—and outlet specifically—that want players accused of crimes run out of their professional leagues, but Vince McMahon proposing a zero tolerance policy on criminal behavior from players in his league is...racist?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Shots fired at JORR in today's Funbag

Quote:
Mike:

Why do so many douchebags wear blazers in the airport? I’m not talking a full suit with a button down shirt where someone was clearly in a meeting, removed their tie, and then went directly to the airport. That’s reasonable, and I’ve done that, rather than trying to change in an airport shitter. I’m talking about the dipshit that wears jeans, a casual button down shirt, and a blazer. Probably with loafers and a braided belt. What is he trying to prove?

https://adequateman.deadspin.com/yes-yo ... 1822330094

Deadspin advocating for slovenly behavior. Big shock!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
you wear the coat because you don't want to smash it up and put it in your duffel bag. how fucking stupid is that guy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Deadspin took a big step back when they lost Masked Man/David Shoemaker as their wrestling guy. Bixenspan is just a big weepy lump.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
"XFL's "Criminality" Ban, Implied Anti-Protest Rule Are Definitely Not About Race, No Sir"

This is the same group of people—and outlet specifically—that want players accused of crimes run out of their professional leagues, but Vince McMahon proposing a zero tolerance policy on criminal behavior from players in his league is...racist?

Wow.

That's pretty awful. Not sure how you can run an article suggesting criminals and black people are synonymous and not get absolutely torched.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Wow.

That's pretty awful. Not sure how you can run an article suggesting criminals and black people are synonymous and not get absolutely torched.

Yup. Good call JLN.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Deadspin took a big step back when they lost Masked Man/David Shoemaker as their wrestling guy. Bixenspan is just a big weepy lump.

Yep

Awful

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

Anyone that employs Booker T and David Otunga can't be racist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Anyone that employs Booker T and David Otunga can't be racist.

Hulk Hogan we coming for you *!;!$

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 pm 

https://jezebel.com/reporters-didnt-go-to-a-press-conference-on-femicide-in-1822600497

Quite a stretch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If your city is hosting a Super Bowl, you should probably reschedule other events that week

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:30 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If your city is hosting a Super Bowl, you should probably reschedule other events that week

They reached out to Jezebel after the press conference to tell them. Sounds like the goal was to say "People care more about football than women!".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hatchetman wrote:
you wear the coat because you don't want to smash it up and put it in your duffel bag. how fucking stupid is that guy?

This.

But the Navy blazer with the gold buttons from Joseph A Bank or JC Penney is so 2002. I saw a guy with that getup on my flight today, looked to be about 60. The look screams "mid level technical sales!" today. Learn to fold your suit and put it in a sturdy 22" roller bags, or get a job where you just have to wear golf shirts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Do like they do at Logan and just wear pajama pants and a Bruins hoodie/Patriots jersey when you fly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

This.

But the Navy blazer with the gold buttons from Joseph A Bank or JC Penney is so 2002. I saw a guy with that getup on my flight today, looked to be about 60. The look screams "mid level technical sales!" today. Learn to fold your suit and put it in a sturdy 22" roller bags, or get a job where you just have to wear golf shirts.

Or just don’t bring any of that shit if it’s not a business trip.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:13 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

This.

Exactly! When you're going on a tropical vacation, why bring clothes at all? Just travel like this:

You wouldn't believe how comfortable it is!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

This.

Exactly! When you're going on a tropical vacation, why bring clothes at all? Just travel like this:

You wouldn't believe how comfortable it is!

No that would be uncomfortable to wear on a plane.

It’s dumb to fly in business clothes to a personal vacation. I would think this would be apparent.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:39 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:

Then you just remove the flippers!

FavreFan wrote:
It’s dumb to fly in business clothes to a personal vacation. I would think this would be apparent.

I don't consider a sport coat "business clothes". When I walk into a serious meeting and the other guy is wearing a blazer and Dockers I know I've already won the negotiation. I'm ready to work. He's obviously dressed for a yacht party.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

I don't consider a sport coat "business clothes". When I walk into a serious meeting and the other guy is wearing a blazer and Dockers I know I've already won the negotiation. I'm ready to work. He's obviously dressed for a yacht party.

You lose a lot of negotiations to guys in tuxedos?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:44 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

Do you consider a tuxedo to be business attire? My God. Didn't anyone ever teach you Millennials how to dress for an occasion?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

Do you consider a tuxedo to be business attire? My God. Didn't anyone ever teach you Millennials how to dress for an occasion?

Yes. That’s why we don’t wear sport jackets when it’s unnecessary.

Someone needs to teach you old guys how to dress for occasions in the 21st century.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 am 
Site Admin

This is your captain speaking. I have turned the seatbelt sign off. We'll be cruising at an altitude of 35,000 feet. So unbutton your pajamas, kick off your shower shoes and relax. And please be kind to your seatmate's support chinchilla.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's more formal than your suit.

I find suits to be yet another way our rich overlords attempt to control us like uniforms in private school. It's an arbitrary rule just like wearing powdered wigs was. Living 40 years of your life wearing uncomfortable clothes that don't modify well based on weather or activity is another way for the peasant class to be controlled. I don't think it's a shock that Millenials like me are fighting against our corporate overlords and how they seek to treat us as nothing more than a material to be used and discarded when it makes sense for shareholders.

I'm proud to almost never wear a tie and you should be too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:53 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I find suits to be yet another way our rich overlords attempt to control us like uniforms in private school. It's an arbitrary rule just like wearing powdered wigs was. Living 40 years of your life wearing uncomfortable clothes that don't modify well based on weather or activity is another way for the peasant class to be controlled. I don't think it's a shock that Millenials like me are fighting against our corporate overlords and how they seek to treat us as nothing more than a material to be used and discarded when it makes sense for shareholders.

It's not about formality. It's about proper dress for an occasion. I don't wear shower shoes on an airplane and I don't wear Ferragamo wingtips to the beach.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:56 am 

Why is it proper though?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I find suits to be yet another way our rich overlords attempt to control us like uniforms in private school. It's an arbitrary rule just like wearing powdered wigs was.

I was eating dinner at La Campgnola in Evanston one time. And a family of four sat down next to me. There were two sons with the parents and one of the sons was obviously autistic. He was unaware of the social implications of eating dinner in a restaurant and so he was kind of loud and acting somewhat inappropriately. His family was trying to clam him down. I was kind of getting a kick out of him. He was clearly really smart and it was interesting to listen to him. He was wearing a baseball cap and his dad told him to take it off in the restaurant. The kid started yelling, "It's just a tradition!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why is it proper though?

Why is anything proper? Why don't you think Hockey Gay and I should come over to your house and help ourselves to your food and big screen TVs? Are you a rich overlord trying to control us? Come on, Hockey Gay. Road trip time!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's not about formality. It's about proper dress for an occasion.

Uh...

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The blue blazer is outdated. You can still dress professionally, even in a different kind of blazer if you'd like.

But not if you are fat. Fat people should never wear blazers, especially Navy blazers with tan or khaki chinos. It just screams out "look at where the colors change!! All this extra fabric pretending to cover my gut!!"

I still wear a suit for work when visiting most clients, although if I am not making a presentation I generally omit the tie. I dress far better than my clients, so losing the tie makes it look less intimidating.

When I started this job over 20 years ago, shirt and tie and suit slacks was required. Times change, and I usually wear jeans to the office in the winter, and lighter dress slacks in the summer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 51  Next