It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The blue blazer is outdated. You can still dress professionally, even in a different kind of blazer if you'd like.

But not if you are fat. Fat people should never wear blazers, especially Navy blazers with tan or khaki chinos. It just screams out "look at where the colors change!! All this extra fabric pretending to cover my gut!!"

I still wear a suit for work when visiting most clients, although if I am not making a presentation I generally omit the tie. I dress far better than my clients, so losing the tie makes it look less intimidating.

When I started this job over 20 years ago, shirt and tie and suit slacks was required. Times change, and I usually wear jeans to the office in the winter, and lighter dress slacks in the summer.

See now this is honestly fair AND balanced!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Regular Reader wrote:
The blue blazer is outdated. You can still dress professionally, even in a different kind of blazer if you'd like.

But not if you are fat. Fat people should never wear blazers, especially Navy blazers with tan or khaki chinos. It just screams out "look at where the colors change!! All this extra fabric pretending to cover my gut!!"

I still wear a suit for work when visiting most clients, although if I am not making a presentation I generally omit the tie. I dress far better than my clients, so losing the tie makes it look less intimidating.

When I started this job over 20 years ago, shirt and tie and suit slacks was required. Times change, and I usually wear jeans to the office in the winter, and lighter dress slacks in the summer.

I can agree with this.

Jorr, your old road is rapidly aging. Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The blue blazer is outdated.

That's one way of putting it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I can agree with this.

Jorr, your old road is rapidly aging. Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand.

I'm wearing blue plaid right now. Very hip.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The blue blazer is outdated.

That's one way of putting it.

He fell from grace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I can agree with this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I can agree with this.

You’re cooler than I am. That’s why this is such a bizarre lame take from you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:04 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I can agree with this.

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:45 am 
Site Admin

FrankDrebin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I can agree with this.

Draper, Campbell, Cosgrove & Road Rod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:18 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I can agree with this.

Does that make you Freddy Rumsen? "Oh, Jesus...."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Nice pocket square. Also, this photo was taken in a bathroom.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Barbetta

CFMB has more failed artists and intellectuals than the Third Reich.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: anything New York style
Don Draper wrote:

I have ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yes, that works nicely with dark slacks. It's not a $199 poly-wool "easy travel" blend from Joseph A. Bank.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Here's a couple hundred words on a mid-season game between two residents of NBA Hell.

Just Watch Thunder-Nuggets Front To Back Like A Movie

https://deadspin.com/just-watch-nuggets ... 1822665908

This obsession with "meh" basketball is getting crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Here's a couple hundred words on a mid-season game between two residents of NBA Hell.

Just Watch Thunder-Nuggets Front To Back Like A Movie

https://deadspin.com/just-watch-nuggets ... 1822665908

This obsession with "meh" basketball is getting crazy.

Who watches this shit?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:37 pm 

I can't figure out if this is clickbait or an actual article that came out of a momentary thought without really thinking about it deeper.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/bars-that-arent-sports-bars-shouldnt-have-tvs-1822379445#_ga=2.73970770.1773012270.1517406512-1775665961.1445004446

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I can't figure out if this is clickbait or an actual article that came out of a momentary thought without really thinking about it deeper.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/bars-that-arent-sports-bars-shouldnt-have-tvs-1822379445#_ga=2.73970770.1773012270.1517406512-1775665961.1445004446

Look at headline. See it is written by a woman. Close browser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They can have BRick's remote when they pry it from his cold dead hands!

BRick's got nothing better to do
Than watch TV and have a couple of brews!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They can have BRick's remote when they pry it from his cold dead hands!

BRick's got nothing better to do
Than watch TV and have a couple of brews!
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Didn't read the article, but agree with the headline. They're always on some partisan news channel or showing local trash. God forbid people go 10 seconds without seeing an ad for something.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Don Draper wrote:

Truest thing I have ever heard on this board...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-misses-a ... 1822929417

Gotta love the Gawker writers. They can find "injustices" in anything better than anyone. Only a black writer for io9 can bitch about a very empowering mostly black movie because it doesn't have gay representation. And you know if they added two gay characters, some other writer would have bitched about their not being any trans characters.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:39 am 

SuperMario wrote:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-misses-another-easy-representation-opportunity-w-1822929417

Gotta love the Gawker writers. They can find "injustices" in anything better than anyone. Only a black writer for io9 can bitch about a very empowering mostly black movie because it doesn't have gay representation. And you know if they added two gay characters, some other writer would have bitched about their not being any trans characters.

It must be exhausting being so perpetually disappointed with everything.

I dont understand why entertainment should pander to lesd than 3% of the population.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 am 
Site Admin

SuperMario wrote:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-misses-another-easy-representation-opportunity-w-1822929417

Let's be serious. There's a far bigger stigma to homosexuality in the black community than there is in the general population. It seems some people would like to reduce the target audience for this film to nobody.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am 
Site Admin

If you're gonna have gays in the Marvel Universe I suggest starting with Thor and Iron Man. I always got the impression those two were queer for each other. Who wouldn't want a hot sex scene between Downey and Hemsworth?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
my brother is still a comic book junkie and he basically said that there is a strong movement in comic land for sjw/lbgt characters and story lines and that this movement along with a host of other things is killing comic book sales.

so its not surprising that that community would also be clamouring for it in the movies as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
hnd wrote:
my brother is still a comic book junkie and he basically said that there is a strong movement in comic land for sjw/lbgt characters and story lines and that this movement along with a host of other things is killing comic book sales.

so its not surprising that that community would also be clamouring for it in the movies as well.

Yes, that movement from the writers and heads of Marvel has been met with serious backlash from comic book readers.

No one with a serious interest in comic book movies is begging for a gay superhero film.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
SAD that MANY can't deal with minorities and LGBTQ characters in their precious comic books.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
SAD that MANY can't deal with minorities and LGBTQ characters in their precious comic books.

I don't mind them at all. But you have to write new characters. You can't just make Spiderman black or have Captain America start sucking dicks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 51  Next