It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:32 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
But but but that out of focus shot of a black robot dong was PROBLEMATIC for....reasons...
I really need to watch this show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
But but but that out of focus shot of a black robot dong was PROBLEMATIC for....reasons...
I really need to watch this show.

And that's not even the best scene of the episode!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Chus wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Deadspin's constant need to refer to homeruns as "dingers" and "dongs" annoys the shit out of me for no good reason.

Do you get a funny feeling in your pants? Like when you climbed the rope in gym class?

I'll admit these two posts seem to contrDICT each other

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
SpiralStairs wrote:
Chus wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Deadspin's constant need to refer to homeruns as "dingers" and "dongs" annoys the shit out of me for no good reason.

Do you get a funny feeling in your pants? Like when you climbed the rope in gym class?

I'll admit these two posts seem to contrDICT each other

I guess I made a poor attempt at a joke.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Haisley posted a story about the Melbourne Cup or something, but linked a gem from the Hunter S. Thompson archives:

http://grantland.com/features/looking-b ... cky-derby/

Good stuff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
http://deadspin.com/vox-scams-readers-i ... 1788554988

While this is incredibly minor, it does support the idea that Vox probably deserves its own roast thread like this one at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/congra ... 1788527356

Congratulations, Chicago. Now Get Over It.

Hamilton Nolan
Today 10:14amFiled to: BASEBALL

You did it. You won the game. Congrats. Now it’s over, and the time has come to move on.

Many hours have passed already since your baseball team won its thing for the first time in a very long time. No doubt you went out that night and had a few “brews” and made loud noises and generally collected all the ingredients for the sort of “I was there” story that is of little interest to those outside your town, though that will not stop you from retelling it for decades to come. Now that all of this has safely receded into history, we trust you will have the grace to lay the discussion of this matter to rest with no delay.

We’ve all heard quite enough about ivy-covered walls. Ivy is actually a weed.

Do you remember what happened when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series? It established Bill Simmons as a nationally known figure. Is that what we have to look forward to—an increasingly unbearable procession of vanity projects anchored in the superfandom of a team that white people like? Shall we now expect an Affleck-esque tidal wave of artistic mediocrity from one of your many indistinguishable “hometown boys?”

No thank you.

A city must ultimately choose one of two paths. You can be like Boston, and boast endlessly about all of your unimpressive accomplishments in a thinly veiled approval-seeking exercise rooted in a deep-seated inferiority complex; or you can be like New York City, where any sports title is immediately forgotten because we’ve already moved on to talking about new restaurants. That’s why New York is the synonym for “metropolis” and Boston is, at its core, a small town full of bitter New England prigs. Each city, sooner or later, must decide: is this all you’re about? Sitting on a bar stool droning on about the quality and type of smoked meat product you were eating when the local team “won it all?” Or are you a dynamic urban environment in which each day brings new and fascinating political scandals and real estate price increases? Are you a guy who likes Bill Murray inside of a normal frame of reference in which he is but one of many artists that you enjoy as part of your well-rounded and action-packed life? Or are you a guy who won’t stop talking about Bill Murray until we’re all sick of hearing about Bill Murray due to the fact that your team of choice has a relatively small celebrity fan base?

We all enjoyed Caddyshack. But that was a long time ago.

Go have your parade. Consume your various types of sausages and intoxicating beverages, as you so often mention you love to do. Then wake up the next morning and vow to find exciting new topics of conversation that do not involve goats, Harry Caray, or memorable encounters with Ryne Sandberg. You may have thought that you were trapped in a curse during the many decades that passed without a championship. But in truth, there is no curse more regrettable than becoming the Boston of the Midwest.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:27 am 

He is becoming my favorite writer!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Quiet Reflection. Hamilton Nolan is Bernstein East.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:38 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
ZephMarshack wrote:
http://deadspin.com/vox-scams-readers-into-thinking-prescient-world-series-1788554988

While this is incredibly minor, it does support the idea that Vox probably deserves its own roast thread like this one at this point.

I was just coming here to post that and say Vox is worse than Gawker at this point. It does deserve its own thread, but it would probably just be you, me, and Dave.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/congratulations-chicago-now-get-over-it-1788527356

Hamilton Nolan

Do you remember what happened when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series? It established Bill Simmons as a nationally known figure. Is that what we have to look forward to—an increasingly unbearable procession of vanity projects anchored in the superfandom of a team that white people like? Shall we now expect an Affleck-esque tidal wave of artistic mediocrity from one of your many indistinguishable “hometown boys?”

Is there anything "whiter" than being named Hamilton Nolan?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
http://deadspin.com/vox-scams-readers-into-thinking-prescient-world-series-1788554988

I was just coming here to post that and say Vox is worse than Gawker at this point. It does deserve its own thread, but it would probably just be you, me, and Dave.

The other problem for me is that I don't really go out of my way to read Vox articles the way I masochistically still do with Gawker/Deadspin stuff. I usually just wait for one of their articles to get ripped apart on Twitter and Yglesias to act befuddled about it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:00 am 

Quote:
Theknownothingguy2
Hamilton Nolan
11/04/16 10:36am
Oh god. I came here expecting the usual Nolan attempt to rain on something people are enjoying. Then I got to the part about Bill Simmons. WE CAN NOT EXPOSE THE COUNTRY TO DAN BERNSTEIN PEOPLE. If the country finds out that Chicago produces that sort of useless gas bag the city will be nuked by the end of the year.

I don't know whether he omitted a comma between "Bernstein" and "people" because he was getting stressed out or he meant we can't expose the country to "Dan Bernstein people," like Tim Baffoe, Julie DiCaro, and Beverly Brewmaster.

Both work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:14 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/congratulations-chicago-now-get-over-it-1788527356

Hamilton Nolan

I'm pretty sure he's black.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:14 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Theknownothingguy2
Hamilton Nolan
Oh god. I came here expecting the usual Nolan attempt to rain on something people are enjoying. Then I got to the part about Bill Simmons. WE CAN NOT EXPOSE THE COUNTRY TO DAN BERNSTEIN PEOPLE. If the country finds out that Chicago produces that sort of useless gas bag the city will be nuked by the end of the year.

I don't know whether he omitted a comma between "Bernstein" and "people" because he was getting stressed out or he meant we can't expose the country to "Dan Bernstein people," like Tim Baffoe, Julie DiCaro, and Beverly Brewmaster.

Both work.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:21 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Theknownothingguy2
Hamilton Nolan

Both work.
Oh God, the two people who responded to that comment both had nice things to say about Dan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:24 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

I think he's a spindly little ginger from St. Augustine who got really into weightlifting and New Yorkering.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Hamilton Nolan

I Googled "Hamilton Nolan Writer" and found several pictures of this guy:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Can't go off the picture. He could identify as a black person.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:35 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Hamilton Nolan

Ok

Then he's just an annoying liberal twat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:38 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Hamilton Nolan

Ok

Then he's just an annoying liberal twat.

Now you're cookin' with gas!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Tad Queasy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Hamilton Nolan

To paraphrase The Notorious FdB, Hamilton is following longstanding Gawker Media custom and signaling that he's Not One Of Those White People

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:59 am 

It's unfortunate that the old Gawker writers didn't all get shipped off to Jezebel where they belong. All I read on Deadspin at this point are Magary's posts and the occasional soccer post by Billy Haisley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Sold! You box it up, I'll start bringing in the pennies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:01 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
It's unfortunate that the old Gawker writers didn't all get shipped off to Jezebel where they belong. All I read on Deadspin at this point are Magary's posts and the occasional soccer post by Billy Haisley

The Concourse is what seems to be functioning as Gawker's Secret Annex.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:08 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

The Concourse is what seems to be functioning as Gawker's Secret Annex.

Yeah, and unfortunately it seems like every other post on the front page is either by Hamilton Nolan or Ashley Feinberg. Awful

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
http://brobible.com/life/article/ted-cr ... g-twitter/

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:26 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't know the joy that story brings me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

Outstanding.

Would've been better if it was Tom Ricketts but still great.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:49 am 

Rough day at the office for Ashley Feinberg, not that I would care at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 51  Next