It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
lol Deadspin is clearly butthurt about the Trump boys winning. Kind of makes me feel better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Rough day at the office for Ashley Feinberg, not that I would care at all.

Why did she hurt you?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Rough day at the office for Ashley Feinberg, not that I would care at all.

Why did she hurt you?

I feel like we're both sort of doing a bit but neither of us is really committed to what the bit is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:35 pm 

What?

http://jezebel.com/5632689/what-is-birth-rape

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Here's Logical Sports Person Barry Petchesky offering the exact same hackneyed, reductive, utterly nonsensical tripe every other star-slurping hipster basketblogger is demanding we swallow this morning--but with his unique flair for unwarranted condescension:

Quote:
Here’s a fun thought experiment: When you read analysis of the move today, mentally replace “play” with “work” and “team” with “workplace.”

This is the sports equivalent of "the federal budget is just like your household budget." The whole piece is full of thunderously stupid little bon mots just like that, all of them greased with an inch-thick layer of Bernsteinian why-can't-you-idiots-understand-this smarm. It's also generously peppered with internal contradictions (the Warriors are villains, but Durant isn't [?]) and outright elitism (apparently the residents of Oakland are "techno-libertarian scum," which is news to me). Truly a Deadspin piece par excellence.

BONUS: Ley just posted a mopey diary entry in which he attempts to suppress his repulsively plebian impulse to actually give a shit about things with his certain knowledge that athletes are great, and the things they do are great, and we should all support their quest to expand their personal #brands.

Bumping this because Petchesky today seems to have just come to the realization that a lack of competitive balance might not be a good thing. Perhaps he should have edited his whiny post-mortem after the finals by replacing his complaints about "games" with "work" and all will make more sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's easier to justify killing a human fetus if we brand it a rapist.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
http://fusion.kinja.com/disarm-all-dome ... 1796101206

An article on why a misdemeanor conviction should negate a constitutional right.

Quote:
The charges were dismissed—this is common, it does not mean that no crime occurred—so there was no conviction and no possibility that Hodgkinson would lose his guns or be prevented from buying or owning something like an M4-style assault rifle.

Oh.

"Disarm all domestic abusers so this doesn't happen again!"

"Would such laws have prevented this?"

"Well, no. BUT STILL!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
http://fusion.kinja.com/disarm-all-domestic-abusers-now-1796101206

An article on why a misdemeanor conviction should negate a constitutional right.

Quote:
The charges were dismissed—this is common, it does not mean that no crime occurred—so there was no conviction and no possibility that Hodgkinson would lose his guns or be prevented from buying or owning something like an M4-style assault rifle.

Oh.

"Disarm all domestic abusers so this doesn't happen again!"

"Would such laws have prevented this?"

"Well, no. BUT STILL!"

Go ahead, try to pass gun control today. Thanks to Cody Wilson I can buy a $250 CNC mill to finish a cheap 80% finished AR lower receiver within 3 hours. If you want to pass a magazine ban, I can 3D print 30 round mags all day on a MakerBot available at Costco and Best Buy. I can print as many as I ever could want.

Yep, thanks to technology and the maker movement, gun control is officially dead. I laugh at Mayor Bloomberg as you cannot undo the the CNC mills. You cannot under the 3D printed lowers (which are improving). You cannot undo the 3D printed mags.

All you need is a Tor browser, Bit Torrent client, and readily available tools. Heck, after you've made a few weapons, it becomes even cheaper than buying them from a gunsmith. Furthermore, this is 100% legal and attempts to make it illegal will never stop it.

These tools will be feared by tyrants in the 21st century the way the printing press was feared by them in the 18th century.

Go ahead statists, pass your gun control laws. They are already rendered obsolete.
https://ghostgunner.net/collections/featured-products

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:27 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Go ahead, try to pass gun control today. Thanks to Cody Wilson I can buy a $250 CNC mill to finish a cheap 80% finished AR lower receiver within 3 hours. If you want to pass a magazine ban, I can 3D print 30 round mags all day on a MakerBot available at Costco and Best Buy. I can print as many as I ever could want.

Yep, thanks to technology and the maker movement, gun control is officially dead. I laugh at Mayor Bloomberg as you cannot undo the the CNC mills. You cannot under the 3D printed lowers (which are improving). You cannot undo the 3D printed mags.

All you need is a Tor browser, Bit Torrent client, and readily available tools. Heck, after you've made a few weapons, it becomes even cheaper than buying them from a gunsmith. Furthermore, this is 100% legal and attempts to make it illegal will never stop it.

These tools will be feared by tyrants in the 21st century the way the printing press was feared by them in the 18th century.

Go ahead statists, pass your gun control laws. They are already rendered obsolete.

totally normal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It's like Panther with a plan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
First Ogie called for more shootings. Now he's bragging about his guns. Does Ugie think these posts belong on the board.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

totally normal

I don't own a Ghost Gunner (the $250 CNC mill) but my point is it exists (along with 3D printing) and thus its existence means that any gun control law is a futile gesture. It's like any piece of technology, once it's out there, it cannot be undone.

If you pass a magazine limit of 10 rounds (California's law) it can be circumvented with any $800 MakerBot, and if you make enough mags it's cheaper in the long run than buying them.

If California has a law that requires a key to remove the magazine, well you mill your own lower or 3D print one that doesn't have that requirement. Once again, this is entirely legal if you make the weapon yourself. You only need an ATF license if you are making weapons for the purpose of selling. If you use it yourself, no license or paperwork is required.

I guess my larger point is the politicians and gun control groups can argue for gun control all day long, but any legislation they think of is now obsolete as we have entered a new era in personal firearms ownership.

Will these tools make a big impact in the US? No, they will just head off silly gun control laws, which when enacted were found to have almost no impact. (homicides have actually gone down since the 1994 assault weapon ban expired in 2004).

Where these tools will have an impact is in nations where firearms are tightly controlled. If Maduro survives this round of protests, he won't survive the next one when a few CNC mills or 3D printers end up in the hands of the opposition he and Chavez disarmed. Imagine what some of these tools could do if placed in North Korea. Turkey? Qatar? Saudi Arabia? China? As I said, this technology will be as damaging to tyrants in the 21st century as the printing press was to King George III in the 18th century.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 pm 

Beerdown wrote:
First Ogie called for more shootings. Now he's bragging about his guns. Does Ugie think these posts belong on the board.

I personally only own a 9mm. I don't own any rifles, but I fully support the right to own one as a Constitutionally protected one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:03 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

totally normal

I don't own a Ghost Gunner (the $250 CNC mill) but my point is it exists (along with 3D printing) and thus its existence means that any gun control law is a futile gesture. It's like any piece of technology, once it's out there, it cannot be undone.

If you pass a magazine limit of 10 rounds (California's law) it can be circumvented with any $800 MakerBot, and if you make enough mags it's cheaper in the long run than buying them.

If California has a law that requires a key to remove the magazine, well you mill your own lower or 3D print one that doesn't have that requirement. Once again, this is entirely legal if you make the weapon yourself. You only need an ATF license if you are making weapons for the purpose of selling. If you use it yourself, no license or paperwork is required.

I guess my larger point is the politicians and gun control groups can argue for gun control all day long, but any legislation they think of is now obsolete as we have entered a new era in personal firearms ownership.

Will these tools make a big impact in the US? No, they will just head off silly gun control laws, which when enacted were found to have almost no impact. (homicides have actually gone down since the 1994 assault weapon ban expired in 2004).

Where these tools will have an impact is in nations where firearms are tightly controlled. If Maduro survives this round of protests, he won't survive the next one when a few CNC mills or 3D printers end up in the hands of the opposition he and Chavez disarmed. Imagine what some of these tools could do if placed in North Korea. Turkey? Qatar? Saudi Arabia? China? As I said, this technology will be as damaging to tyrants in the 21st century as the printing press was to King George III in the 18th century.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a makerbot is a good guy with a makerbot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 am 

The North Korean government has an arsenal going all the way up to nuclear weapons; they're not gonna be put down by a few downloaded guns.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
The North Korean government has an arsenal going all the way up to nuclear weapons; they're not gonna be put down by a few downloaded guns.

It's where you start with a resistance. For example, Syria in 2011 had a more modernized arsenal than North Korea has today (North Korea's backbone is 50s/60s Soviet stock). That civil war was started by men with rifles and no heavy armaments. Assad's heavy weaponry wasn't even enough to get the upper hand. He needed Iran and Russia to take over much of the fight to put down insurgents with rifles. You can mass produce rifles with 3D printing or a computerized $250 CNC mill. You can do a lot of damage with that and spark something real.

I'd say Afghanistan proves that insurgent tactics and small arms can make things hell for a conventional military.

Granted, I think this will have more of an impact in Venezuela than North Korea as you need to have access to the Internet to get the 3D print files off of Pirate Bay. I can really see this change the game in Venezuela, where Maduro and Chavez disarmed their populace. If I'm Maduro, this technology is what keeps me up at night.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:15 pm 

I'm very close to becoming a MRA. It's just exhausting at this point.

http://deadspin.com/mlb-rolls-out-cool-new-nickname-jerseys-for-everyone-bu-1797687203

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:20 pm 

These look so cheap. They're all on the same template with the same block letters and numbers, and most of the nicknames are stupid.

"A large company won't accommodate me in buying dumb crap!" is the best feminism. Thought experiment: come out with a new cookie called "SHIT COOKIE: THE COOKIE FOR REAL MANLY MEN, NO WOMEN ALLOWED" and the catch here is that beneath the diamondplate-and-stenciling packaging, the cookie genuinely tastes like literal human shit. Watch Julie DiCaro get mad that the shit-flavored food isn't marketed to women.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
These look so cheap. They're all on the same template with the same block letters and numbers, and most of the nicknames are stupid.

"A large company won't accommodate me in buying dumb crap!" is the best feminism. Thought experiment: come out with a new cookie called "SHIT COOKIE: THE COOKIE FOR REAL MANLY MEN, NO WOMEN ALLOWED" and the catch here is that beneath the diamondplate-and-stenciling packaging, the cookie genuinely tastes like literal human shit. Watch Julie DiCaro get mad that the shit-flavored food isn't marketed to women.
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm very close to becoming a MRA. It's just exhausting at this point.

http://deadspin.com/mlb-rolls-out-cool-new-nickname-jerseys-for-everyone-bu-1797687203

:lol: :lol:

Wow. I mean... that could genuinely pass for an Onion article.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:26 pm 

A commenter made a good point. These seem to also be fairly gender neutral. Isn't that true equality?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I love how the author points out "BROTATO" like that's some sort of misogynistic nickname :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:29 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I just think it's really problematic that Hormel sells Manwich but doesn't seem to have any space on the shelf for Womanwich. Am I supposed to believe that girls should grow up believing they can't eat tomato paste and corn syrup out of a can? Is that the world we want to live in?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I just think it's really problematic that Hormel sells Manwich but doesn't seem to have any space on the shelf for Womanwich. Am I supposed to believe that girls should grow up believing they can't eat tomato paste and corn syrup out of a can? Is that the world we want to live in?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:36 pm 

I could read CH doing that all day.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i few times i've come across those road/construction signs that say "Men Working" and seriously thought to myself I can't believe someone hasn't made them change those yet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:44 pm 

Bagels wrote:
i few times i've come across those road/construction signs that say "Men Working" and seriously thought to myself I can't believe someone hasn't made them change those yet

Change it to "Men working and making 22% more than the women".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bagels wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bagels wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 51  Next